Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 12

“Wait, don’t.” Gavin said suddenly, putting his hand over the pillow to stop me from throwing it. His face became concerned as he swung himself off the bed and grabbed the abandoned washcloth off the night stand. He wet a corner-- don’t worry, it hadn’t been touched by my nose blood yet-- with his tongue and wiped it under my nose. I watched his slim fingers while he dabbed, too nervous to make eye contact. “You started bleeding again.” He explained.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

“How’s the stomach?” He asked softly.

“It’s fine.” I lied, subconsciously wrapping my arms around my midriff.

“Fiona.” Gavin said slowly, like he didn’t believe me. I never was any good at lying.

“Really.” I tried convincing him. “I don’t need to go to the emergency room.”

“Yeah? So I can poke it?” He raised an eyebrow. I nodded my head defiantly. I removed my hands from my waist, trying not to look reluctant, and put them at my sides. He poised his hand above my stomach, poking it lightly. That wasn’t so bad.

Until he pushed it in a little harder.

I growled out in pain, pushing his hand away. “I’ll be fine.”

“Fiona, I really think you need to see a doctor.”

“Over a little bruise? I don’t think so.”

“I’m worried about you.” He admitted. The look he gave me after that made my heart melt. He really did care.

“I’ll wrap myself in gauze when I get home. Just please don’t make me go to the doctor. My family can’t really afford it right now and I don’t want them worrying about me.”

“I’ll pay.” He suggested.

“No.” I slapped my hand against the comforter angrily. “Just take me home please.”

“Fine, but if you die from internal bleeding, don’t blame me.” He said, offering a hand to me. I took at and hauled myself off the bed. The cold air met my legs and I realized I was still wearing his shirt. I couldn’t help but admire how good I looked in it. And it seemed he couldn’t help it either. I suddenly felt self conscious, tugging at the bottom of the material to make it longer.

“I-I’m going to go change.” I stuttered.

“No, don’t. You can change later, since you’re so intent on getting home.” He mocked, pulling a shirt over his head. I could see the mischievous tint to his eyes after he said it and it sent chills up my spine. I couldn’t tell if I liked that or not though.

There was a light knocking at the door, causing Gavin and I both to whip our heads toward the noise. Gideon waltzed through, spinning his key ring around on his finger.

“I’m going to the store to pick up some things. I can just drop Fiona off while I’m out.” He suggested. I could see his eyes darken when they landed on me and that sent another round of chills up my spine, except this time I knew I didn’t like it.

“That’s actually a pretty good idea. You guys could use some bonding time.” Gavin agreed, flopping back onto his bed. “I’m going back to sleep.”

What was I supposed to do in this situation? If I told anyone, especially Gavin, Gideon would definitely find out and strike again. What if he tried something while we were driving? I’d be helpless and this time, Gavin wouldn’t be there to help me.

“Let me get my clothes.” I sighed, exiting the room. I could feel both brother’s eyes on me.

I quickly went down the hallway and into the guest bedroom where my clothes lay on the floor next to the bed. I stripped and tossed the t-shirt aside before picking up my shirt. The door opened unexpectedly and Gideon appeared. I brought the t-shirt to my body, trying to hide myself.

“It’s not like I haven’t seen more than that before.” He rolled his eyes, coming all the way into the room. “And the best part is, I’m probably the only one. I know I took your virginity, Fiona.”

“Get out, you scumbag.” I growled, throwing Gavin’s t-shirt at him. It landed on his head, draping over his face. I took the opportunity to drop my t-shirt, pushing him against the wall angrily. He landed with a thud and I promptly kneed him in the groin, trapping him with my hands on the wall. The door creaked a bit, sending my heart into a frenzy. I tried backing away from Gideon, but it was too late.

Gavin’s voice drifted in as he poked his head through the door. “Is everything-,” he cut himself off when he saw me. My cheeks burned red as I took in our position for the first time. I yanked Gavin’s t-shirt off of Gideon’s head, wrapping the black material around myself.

“It’s not what it looks like.” I chuckled nervously.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kind of short, but what can you do? Another cliffhanger. You're welcome ;D

~Kylie