Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 13

The ride home was silent, that went without saying. I was so embarrassed. Even though Gavin said he believed me, I was pretty sure he was lying. Maybe that little incident would make our departure that much easier. Maybe I could just ‘break up’ with him before I got out of the car.

He decided it would be better for him to come with Gideon and I, explaining that he remembered he needed a few things from the store as well. I was glad for that; I don’t know how I would’ve made it without him. They’d probably find me dead in a ditch somewhere.

“We’re here.” Gavin informed quietly, not looking at me. I tried to wrap my mouth around the words I longed desperately for.

“Gavin, I don’t think we should be friends anymore.” I blurted. He finally looked at me, greed orbs growing wide with shock. “It’s just that you should be friends with Julia Reynolds and not…me.”

“Just get out.” Gavin commanded quietly, turning away.

Gavin’s POV:

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw the door slam shut and Fiona get out looking like she was about to cry. I slammed my fist against the steering wheel in frustration. In all my seething from the driver’s seat, I didn’t realize Gideon getting out of the backseat until he was slamming the passenger side door behind him.

“Nice going, player.” He punched my arm.

My head snapped toward him, fists clenching the steering wheel. I bit my lip to keep the words from bursting, but it didn’t work.

“Shut. The. Fuck. Up.” I almost screamed through my teeth. I was so annoyed with Gavin and his arrogant ass. Why couldn’t he take a hit? Didn’t he realize that I was in a bad mood and that now is not a good time to joke?

It just made me so angry that Fiona kept pushing me to hang out with that Julia girl. Sure, she was pretty, but there was nothing in her eyes but greed and spite. Was Fiona trying to play match maker, or did she really believe that Julia and I needed to hang out because we were both from wealthy families? Just because Julia was rich and Fiona wasn’t, that didn’t mean that Julia was any better. In fact, I’d much rather have Fiona over Julia.

I had to find a way to make it up to Fiona. To show her that I wanted her and not Julia.

“I’m getting Fiona a bouquet for Valentines Day. I’ll send it to the school so everyone will see. She’ll be so embarrassed.” Gideon thought aloud as I pulled out of the driveway. And just like that, an idea formed in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awful filler chapter! We all have them sometimes. I'll be updating soon, but comments make me update faster. Annnnnd, I'd love to incorporate some of you guys into the story. I will be choosing a random commenter, but only people who have commented after this chapter. Don't comment saying that you want to be chosen, because you definitely won't be chosen.

~Kylie