Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 23

My heart monitor was beeping so loud, I felt like I was about to flat line. Gavin liked me for how long, and I didn’t even know? Smooth, Fi. You’re so oblivious.

“Fiona!” Asher flung the door open, running to me with arms wide open. He pretended to move in slow motion, making up his own sappy music. Just like a sappy movie.

“Ash.” I replied as he finally made it to my bedside, hugging me gently. I looked past him at Gavin who was sitting there like a child in time out. He had his head resting on his hand, pouting. He was probably disappointed our moment had been ruined.

“Whatever, I can see you’re busy now.” Gavin said, getting up. I could hear it in his voice that he wasn’t happy.

“What was that all about?” Asher asked when he left with a slam of the door.

“Shit.” I swore under my breath. “Gavin, no!” I called after the closed door.

I made a mess of things, didn’t I? I should’ve answered right away. But it was partly his fault, just confessing like that. I deserved some time to digest that, right?

I clawed at my IV, peeling the tape back. I ripped the needle out, tossing it aside. Asher stared in shock, but I wasn’t too worried about him at the moment. I wrapped my blanket around myself, knowing that hospital gowns didn’t have backs. Swinging my feet, off the bed, I stood up. Aching pains filled my whole body, but I was determined. I had to get Gavin back.

“Gavin!” I began calling. I wrenched the door open, stumbling down the hall on shaky legs. “Gavin, get back here!” I could see him at the end of the hall, slouched over with his hands in his pockets. When he heard his name, his head whipped up and he turned around so fast, I bet he could have given himself whiplash.

I gripped the railing next to me, head beginning to pound.

“What the hell are you doing?” He whisper-yelled, running back to me. He wrapped his arms around me, supporting my weight. “You’re going to hurt yourself.”

“I didn’t want to hurt you, though.” I mumbled. Everyone around us had their eyes on us. We were definitely making a scene.

“Okay, I’m sorry I laid all that on you. But I really needed to get that out.” He sighed, helping me back into the room. Asher got the hint.

“I’ll go meet mom, I’m sure she’s on her way.” He said, exiting the room.

Gavin helped me back into the bed, pressing the big HELP button on the wall above my bed. “Gotta get that IV back in you.” He said, tapping on my arm.

“Can we talk about this?” I asked, looking at my hands.

“I don’t know. I don’t think I can let you talk about it after you ripped your IV out like a madwoman and came running after me.” He gave me a sarcastic look. The nurse walked in then, giving me a highly disapproving look. If my head hadn’t been down already, I probably would have hung it in shame. And back into my skin the needle goes. I cringed, but Gavin didn’t bat and eyelash.

“I haven’t really thought of you that way.” I admitted once the door was finally closed. My voice was quiet because I was nervous he’d leave again, but to my amazement, he stayed. His face was calm and caring, intent and polite. “You’re one of my best friends, which, believe me, I thought could never happen when I first met you. But now it’s like,” I hesitated. This was all so cheesy. Like a scene ripped from some romance novel written by a 14 year old girl. “Like I don’t want to lose you.”

“You won’t.” He shook his head softly. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“What I’m trying to say is--,”

“Fiona!” My mother said, bursting through the door. She bounded toward me, arms open. She hugged me tightly, causing me to cry out in pain. My body began to throb, heart rate spiking again. She pulled away quickly, hands over her mouth. “I’m so sorry. Did I break you?”

“I’m fine.” I lied through clenched teeth. Seriously, did Asher not think to tell her that Gavin and I were having a moment here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew! It's been a while, huh? Sorry about that. It's like my teachers all got together and decided to make my life EXTREMELY HECTIC AND STRESSFUL. But I'm back now. I'm out of school on the 14th, so after that, updates SHOULD be frequent. But that's not to say I won't get all wrapped up in my summer freedom and forget about mibba for a bit. Forgive me :3 I've never had this many fans to answer to before.

Anyway, what do you think? Gavin and Fiona? ;D *nudges*

~Kylie