Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 32

IMPORTANT: Like my Facebook page for updates (like if I'm planning on doing another story) and make it easier to contact me with ideas and such.

“Come sit with me.” Nicholas waved me over at lunch. I went over to him but didn’t sit. Instead I whispered in his ear.

“Can we talk.” Then clarified, “in the hallway.”

He nodded and pushed away from the table. He didn’t attempt to hold my hand or put his arm around my shoulder or waist. Oh no, he knew what was about to happen.

“Okay.” I breathed, leaning against the outside wall. “I have to say this because I think you’re a really good person.” I paused, trying to muster up the courage. “I can’t date you anymore. I only see you as a good friend. And I hope we can stay friends. I just didn’t want to lead you on. I really appreciate your support with my recent happenings and such and now I feel like a jerk because-,”

“Fiona, it’s okay.” He grinned, placing his hands on my shoulders. “I actually have something to tell you, too.” He searched my eyes before pulling me into him. “The truth is, Julia asked me to date you so she could get to Gavin.”

“Well this is kind of a relief.” I admitted into his chest. “Please tell me this means we can still be friends.”

“Of course it does.” He assured, stroking my hair. It wasn’t a very friendly gesture, but with the truth out in the open like that, I let it slide. Not to mention, I wanted to take any comfort I could get these days. “I can feel your stomach.” He chuckled.

“It’s getting pretty big. I’m not going to be able to put it off as being fat for much longer.” I agreed.

“Gavin stopped glaring at me, finally. What happened?” He asked.

“He walked in on me when I was telling Gideon the baby was his.” I explained. “And no, he doesn’t know the full story.”

“Fiona, you really don’t deserve this.” He rested his head on my shoulder. “Really, you’re a better person than I am, or half the people at this school.”

I wrapped my arms around his waist. I was just so relieved that this went better than planned. In all honesty, I expected maybe some tears or at least hurt feelings. I didn’t deserve people like Nicholas in my life.

“So, you have your eye on anyone?” I asked, shying away from the pity talk.

“There’s this one girl.” He told me, and I could feel the smile on his face.

A loud ‘ahem’ tore straight through our little moment and we pulled apart in about half of a second. We both looked over to find Mr. Tyner, the principal, sheepish looks crossing our faces. He nodded at our compliance and continued walking.

***

“Gavin!” I yelled as I saw him crossing the schoolyard to get to his car. He looked back for a second and I waved, but when he saw it was me, he whipped back around. I sighed and began to run after him. I was feeling rather out of shape lately, so by the time I got to him and tapped him on the back, I was panting like hot dog.

“What do you want?” He asked coolly while unlocking his car.

Now that I was up close, I could see the scratches on his face. They were lighter than last time I saw him, but still very visible.

“Hey, what happened to your face?” I asked, sincerely worried. I hoped his parents weren’t abusing him.

“It’s nothing. None of your business.” He said. “Now what did you want?” This time he was more forceful with his question.

“I want to talk to you.”

“What’s there to talk about? You slept with my brother and then turned me down. That pretty much sums up anything we could talk about at the moment.”

“Okay, to begin with, I didn’t sleep with Gideon. He slept with me… by force.” I corrected, trying to put it into not-so-vulgar terms.

“So what you’re trying to tell me is that my brother raped you?” He asked, eyebrow raising. “That’s sick. Why would you lie about something like that?”

“Right. Why would I lie?” I asked in disbelief. “It’s been almost a week since I told Gideon I was pregnant. He was supposed to tell you.”

“Nice try, Fiona.” He said before getting into his car and speeding off.

I stood there with my mouth open. He thought I was that terrible of a person as to lie about rape? Maybe his judgment was still fogged by the hurt. Part of me said that he should just get over it and move on because he had Julia, but the other part of me said that Julia was just a rebound. And for some reason, that made me smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this one is a bit short.. but I really hate doing chapters where there's more than one time elapse thingys. Anyway.. thanks for making this story sooo popular. It went from 2 to 6 recs from the last chapter! Guys, that's insane!

Song of the day:
Jack's Mannequin - [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGsaQ3RWJk]Bruised[/rul]
It's the acoustic version.. because I like the vulnerability of it. Kind of like this chapter ;D

~Kylie <3