Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 34

It was the next day, Friday. I cringed as I sat down next to Luna Mae.

“Oh, hey.” She said, a pathetic smile plastered on her face as she took out her headphones. “Nicholas told me.”

“I know. He told me that he told you.” I replied. “I can explain though. You see, with everything changing in my life, I just wanted one thing the same. I didn’t want to be treated different and I still wanted to have normal girl talk. Can you blame me.”

“Of course not.” Her smile grew. She hugged me tightly in the small space.

“So you’re not mad?” I asked.

“I was just a little disappointed. But now that I think of it, I should be flattered, huh?”

“Yes. Yes you should.” I chuckled. “How about you come with me to my next ultrasound?”

“I’d love to.” She said, but she looked like she had something else to say. I really hoped she wouldn’t bring up Gideon. I was so tired of talking about it. “Does Gideon know?” She asked. I could’ve face palmed.

“Yes.” I replied. “But he doesn’t believe the entire truth.”

“Well, hopefully things will get better. Maybe he’ll feel like a douche when he finds out and drop Julia for you to raise the baby.” She said, bumping her shoulder with mine. That was the thing I lover about her; that no matter how badly I was feeling, she always knew what to say.

“Yeah, hopefully.” I agreed. I wasn’t exactly sure that I wanted Gavin around if it meant Gideon would be around though.

***

Gavin didn’t show up in Chemistry or lunch. I looked for him after school, but I didn’t even spot his car in the parking lot. And trust me, if it was there, I would have known. It stood out from all the beaters.

“Are you okay?” Asher asked as I searched the freezer for something to eat.

“Fine.” I replied, shrugging. “Gavin didn’t show up to school today. I think something might be wrong.”

“What could be wrong?”

“I don’ know.” I admitted. “But with all this stuff going on, for him to not show up to school seems like it might have something to do with it.”

“Whatever you say.” He chuckled.

“Am I being crazy?”

“Just a little.” He smiled.

My stomach grumbled and my mouth watered as they landed a box of bagel bites. I nuked them in the microwave, burning my mouth on the first one. I soothed my tongue with some cold water from the faucet and my eyes landed on the jar of peanut butter.

At the moment, that sounded like heaven.

I grabbed a spoon and put a little dollop on each of my bite sized pizza bagels. I licked the spoon clean and put it in the sink.

“Gross.” Asher said, eyeing my concoction.

“It’s going to be really good.” I assured.

“Your cravings are getting the better of you.”

“Don’t knock it till you try it.” I argued. He shook his head in response, as if I was a lost cause.

I grabbed my plate and took it to the living room, sitting in the middle of the couch; the comfiest spot. I fished for the remote in the cushions and flipped the TV on. An annoying news lady’s voice filled the room. So matter-of-fact and precise.

“A man on a jog early this morning called it in. I can’t imagine how the family must be feeling at the moment.” A picture of Gideon popped up on the screen. My heart dropped. Had he struck again?

“Asher, get in here!” I yelled.

“Are you having the baby?” He yelled back, rushing into the room. I gave him a flat look.

“No, look at the TV.” I commanded, grabbing his chin and pulling it so he was facing Gideon’s enlarged face.

“He witnessed the man in his early twenties jumping off the bridge, but couldn’t get to him in time to stop him. We’ve identified him as Gideon Reid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is so short! You guys barely commented though.. I wasn't feeling very inspired and I got a very bad case of writer's block.

Anyway.. I'm starting on a new story. I don't think I'll start posting until this one is done. Let me know if you want a sneak peak!

Song of the day:
Dave Barnes - Look So Easy
I love this song soo much. It's so catchy.

~Kylie