Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 36

I really would suggest listening to the song of the day. It's soo good. Like they usually are.

I wasn’t sure it was the right thing to do, but they began passing the note around. I couldn’t count how many hugs and apologies I got.

A man who looked exactly like Mr. Reid, but with a different tie, approached us with another man at his side. I looked behind me at the real Mr. Reid to make sure I wasn’t just seeing things.

“Fiona?” He asked, offering me his hand. I shook it, giving a light smile.

“Yes.” I replied.

“Fiona, this is my brother, Garret.” Mr. Reid introduced. “We’re twins.”

“Oh great, multiples run in your family.” I groaned.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.” Garret said. “My partner and I were looking into adoption. If you might consider it.” He explained, wrapping an arm around the man next to him. I was taken aback.

“I was planning on raising the baby myself.” I said, trying to sound polite. He grabbed my hand again, holding it in both of his.

“Honey, your life is just beginning. Do you really want to throw away the best years of your life to raise a baby?” He asked.

“I don’t consider it throwing my life away so much as raising my own baby.” I corrected.

“Just consider it.” He pleaded, giving me his phone number.

“Alright.” I replied, looking down at the numbers. When he was gone, I crumpled it up and shoved it in my pocket.

“My offer is starting to sound better, isn’t it?” Gavin muttered into my ear.

“You know what? I’m hungry.” Was my only reply.

“Please, help yourself to the buffet table. We’ll never be able to eat all of that.” Mrs. Reid said, pointing behind her at their giant 16-seater table. “We’ll discuss matters later.”

I looked to Gavin to see if he knew what she was talking about, but he didn’t seem to have a clue either. He grabbed my hand again, something I’d become very accustomed to, and lead me to the table. I grabbed whatever looked appetizing and he took me to the family room, which was empty.

I sat down on the couch, which was a very uncomfortable material, so I assumed they didn’t spend too much time in here. I watched Gavin as he sat next to me, making the couch dip. I dug into my food. A lot of them were comfort foods that I’d had before, but just a variation. Probably just different family recipes, I assumed.

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. Gavin snickered.

“What?” I asked, chuckling myself. When I looked over at him, he was covering his mouth with his hand, stifling laughter. It all spilled out in a sound like he was blowing his nose, making me laugh harder.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged when his laughter died down. The grin never wore away though.

I rested my head on his shoulder, placing my hands on my bloated-feeling stomach. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling my head into his lap. I stared up at him, smiling back. I felt tingly feelings all over, like when you come inside from the cold. Gavin was so warm and homey.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked, sweeping my hair back.

Gavin’s POV:

“I’m thinking about how much I’m going to eat. And how no one is going to judge me.” She laughed.

“No, I’m serious.” I told her, rubbing little circles into her cheek with my thumb. He face went solemn and she licked her lips.

“I’m thinking about my future. Trying not be scared.” She admitted. “I just want to do the right thing.”

“I know you’ll do what you think is best.” I assured. It was so different seeing this fragile, vulnerable side of Fiona. I wished there was something more I could do to see to it that she got the treatment she deserved. I wanted to just go beat up anyone who’d made her feel the way she did, but I had a feeling I’d be at war with myself.

There was no amount of sappy, cliché things I could say to describe what this moment felt like.

“What are you thinking about?” She asked, peering up at me with her baby blues.

“I’m thinking about how much I don’t want to mess this up.”

“You won’t mess it up as long as you believe me when I tell you things. Trust is key. That’s what everyone says.”

“I promise I will trust you.” I swore, holding out my pinky. She brought one hand up, shaking pinkies with me. She let out and adorable laugh, perfect teeth shining at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Thanks so much for all the comments! Keep them coming please! And for all you knew subscribers, welcome aboard.

Song of the day:
Eric Hutchinson - Best Days

~Kylie :D