Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 40

REALLY IMPORTANT: Please take a look at A Captured Heart, Stitches, and Effed Up. I'm trying to figure out which one to start next after this, since it's nearing the end. Please vote for whichever one you like best!

“A you awake?” I registered faintly. I squinted at the unfamiliar blue curtains, before reaching for my glasses on the bedside table. The things around me got clearer an brighter, as well as my brain. I still had to rub my eyes behind my glasses, getting rid of the residual fuzziness.

“Yeah.” I whispered back, turning around to face Gavin. I involuntarily smiled at his sleepy face and tousled hair.

I then became self conscious of what my hair looked like and smoothed it down.

“What are you doing?” Gavin asked at full volume, slapping my hand away.

“My hair.” I said as if it was an explanation. I pulled my hand back under the covers, grabbing the edge of the blanket from underneath and tucking it under my chin.

“You’re beautiful.” He replied. An embarrassed blush rose to my face easily with the combination of the words and his eyes looking straight into mine. Even after a few moments, I didn’t know what to say, so I just covered my face. He pulled the blanket away, grabbing my face to keep it locked into place and continued, “I’m serious.”

“Um, you too.” Was all I could think of. His eyebrows squished together, but after a second or two, he smiled.

“Why, thank you.” He laughed, pulling me into his chest. I snuggled in, taking in his warmth and familiar scent. It was all over the place and I was sure to come home smelling like Gavin. But did I mind? Heck no.

Our legs tangled together as we cuddled up, Gavin flinching at my frozen feet.

“You’re like a human ice cube.” He remarked, jaw moving against the top of my head.

“Sorry.” I apologized, sliding them back to my side. He grabbed my ankles with his feet, pulling them back in.

“Let me warm you up.” He directed. I looked up at him, straining to tilt my head. The look on his face was unreal. I didn’t know this Gavin. This Gavin was so full of passion and caring, something you can’t fake. The way he looked at me brought on feelings I’d never experienced.

I thought about it a minute, wanting to squeal like a 13 year old watching Twilight.

Gavin was a boy; a man, really. And he was in love with me. Me, of all people on the earth. And he accepted everything that’d happened because he felt so strongly. I honestly had no idea what was so great about me that would make him throw caution and care to the wind, like glitter in the air.

He pecked my lips, grinning. I couldn’t help but return the goofy smile. Mutual care is such an amazing thing. It was so comforting. He didn’t love me because he had to, he just did.

A loud grumbling noise tore through my abdomen and I blushed. I’d ruined the moment.

“Someone in the mood for breakfast?” Gavin asked, sitting up to hover over me. He combed his fingers through the front of my hair, pushing it back.

“Two someones.” I corrected, grabbing my now grumbling stomach. Gavin put his hand over mine, rubbing my stomach in the space between my pointer finger and thumb.

“That’s right. Don’t want to forget about this little guy.” He smiled at my stomach.

I felt the baby’s foot kicking against mine and Gavin’s hands and I glared up at him.

“How was I supposed to know?” He asked adorably. “Here, I’ll make it better.” He leaned down, removing our hands and lifting my shirt a bit to kiss the place where I was being assaulted. He smoothed his hand back over the spot and pulled my shirt back down. This only prompted the little bugger to go even harder.

“You little-,”

“Gavin, Fiona.” Mrs. Reid greeted as she opened the door, hand over her eyes. I noticed she was already dressed in a pair of bright white pants and a yellow blouse. She looked immaculate.

“Mom, we’re not doing anything.” Gavin almost whined, embarrassed at his mother’s antics.

“And we won’t be doing anything.” I added on, placing my hand back on my stomach pointedly.

“I’m just messing with you guys.” She smiled. “But as I was going to say, breakfast is ready. You should come down and eat something. Especially you, Fiona.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Reid.” I responded.

“Oh no, please call me Ann.” She chuckled.

“Might as well call her mom.” Gavin chimed in, winking at me. I let my hands fall over my face, trying not to laugh at him.

We went downstairs with Mrs. Reid-- Ann-- and sat at the giant table. Gavin motioned for me to sit next to him and I obliged. It was kind of lonely with just the three of us. I felt that I should be used to it with all the meals spent with just Asher and I, but something about the large table made it feel even lonelier.

I glanced at the food in front of us for the first time when Gavin retrieved my attention, asking if I was okay. I nodded in response, just a little thought was all.

There was so many choices. And fruit. That was the thing I was most excited about; we never had it in the house. That was what I ended up filling up on most. That, and the delicious home made waffles; something we also never had in the house.

“Did you make this all yourself?” I asked Ann.

“Of course not.” She waved her hand casually, collecting the plates. “The chef did it.” I looked over at Gavin, whose facial expression hadn’t changed. He never mentioned having a chef, although it probably wasn’t a big deal for him. It was probably just a natural thing with the way he was raised.

He swung his arm around the back of my chair, kissing my temple. I always thought I’d be bothered by someone so touchy, but I was actually enjoying myself. I smiled as I turned to him, pulling his face in for a kiss when his mom left the room. It was so unexpected on Gavin’s end, he let out a little noise, but eventually melted into it. When he pulled away, he smiled, something he seemed to be doing a lot of lately.

“How do you feel about a lazy day?” He asked.

“That sounds amazing.” I replied, following him as he got up. He grabbed my hand, leading me to a room I hadn’t known existed, and turned on the lights.

A home theatre?! This couldn’t be real.

“This is where I spend a lot of my weekends.” Gavin admitted.

When he brought me to the couch and lightly pushed me down, I realized that was probably with good reason. Even with the giant screen, this felt more homey than either of the sitting rooms. He sat beside me on the giant, circular, spinning seat and grabbed the remote.

The screen illuminated, making a dinging noise as it turned on.

“What would you like to watch?” He asked. I rested my head on his shoulder, shifting myself into a comfortable position.

“I don’t know, what is there?” I returned.

He just laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked the long chapter, because I sure did.And can you believe we're on chapter 40 already? I just thought we deserved a nice, relaxed filler chapter, yes? Anyway, if you didn't vote, you still should. And please read and comment on my samples! You'd do it if you loved me ;D

Song of the day:
P!nk - Glitter in the Air
This song is just so nice. I actually made a reference to it.. if you caught it, TEN POINTS TO GRYFFANDOR. This song just really reminds me of Gavin and Fiona, how they're so cute and gentle and all that.

~Kylie &amp;lt;3