Status: new new new!

I Was Raised by Wolves -Hiatus-

001

Life as a tour manager isn’t always the easiest job in the world, especially when you’re a female. I’ve heard it all, guys can do my job better, I must be a slut, and so on. So when I hear the words on each tour it always becomes a laugh. I didn’t expect any less, smirking brightly as I entered the building of the epitaph records office swallowing harshly as I made my way up to my bosses office, knocking gently as I looked around. I was told I would be needed to substitute for the bands manager while he was out because his wife was having a baby. The band I was working for themselves didn’t mind, so I didn’t really either. I entered the office to see my boss smiling back at me, pointing me out to the band. This tour was Warped tour, so I already knew the routine. I chuckled loudly as I looked at the five men in front of me and waved to them. This was going to be interesting. Falling in Reverse, it was either about to my own general nightmare or the funnest tour of my life. “Hey there.” One of the men spoke, I recognized him as the infamous Ronnie Radke. “hi!” I spoke brightly, smiling down at him where he sat next to my bosses desk. “As I have already pointed out, this lovely lady is Nicole. She’s one of my best, now I know she won’t replace Josh for you gentlemen, I expect her to be treated just as equally with respect.” they all nodded and grinned back in my direction and I nodded back. “And I’ll treat you guys with the same respect.” I offered smiling more as they all nodded. The only one who didn’t seem to be talking was the taller lanky guitarist. Jacky I think his name was, he was quite reserved to himself and I didn’t know if I should be offended or not take it to heart, maybe he was just that way.

After our short meeting it was decided where we’d meet two days later to take off for tour, leaving me that two days to pack and buy anything I would need. That was one thing about my job, not having an exact band to work for made it so I had to be ready to go at a moments notice. Not that I minded by any means, but I definitely wouldn’t mind having notice either. I walked into my apartment looking at my cat who meowed quietly, and reminded myself to call my sister and let her know, that wiggles would need a care taker while I was gone, she usually didn’t mind, getting away from her room mates to stay at my apartment was like a dream come true to her. I sent the text I needed and laughed at her immediate reply telling me she’d love to, and when she would be over before I left and set my phone on the charger while I set to work inside my closet for the summers tour ahead of me. Living in Los Angeles, I didn’t really have a lot of clothes for cold weather, so I was glad I didn’t need them this time around. I smiled brightly tossing each of the brightly colored tanks and several pairs of jeans onto my bed, shorts, flip flops, converse, boots and so on following shortly after. “Wiggles NO!” I screeched as I looked over and my orange cat was nestling himself into my pile of jeans comfortably. I rolled my eyes and walked over moving him to the pillows where he nestled in and purred loudly. I pulled my large black suitcase from under my bed, and began folding and stuffing items into it, making a list as I went along of things I needed to go buy and finished up, zipping the god for saken stuffed full suitcase shut after jumping and laying on it for over twenty minutes, standing up breathless and chuckling some from my efforts before flopping on the bed and closing my eyes, falling asleep almost instantly.

I sighed heavily when I woke up, my neck aching from the uncomfortable position I’d fallen asleep in and groaned as I heard my phone buzzing on my nightstand where I’d left it to charge. I got up and noticed several missed calls and few text messages from a number I didn’t know and opened the messages laughing. ‘Hey it’s Ronnie, bellz gave your number to check in with you.’ one read, and another reading. ‘hey band meeting -address/time-’ causing me to roll my eyes and look at the clock groaning, I had an hour to be dressed and at their practice space which was listed all the way across town from where my apartment was. I heaved myself towards the closet grabbing clean clothes and looked towards the shower, deciding against it I could take one later. I slipped the clean undergarments and clothing on before grabbing my phone, purse and keys and patted wiggles on the head before walking out and locking my apartment up. I got in my car, driving in the miserable LA traffic until I found the right building, only to find no parking spots available and pounded my fists upon the steering wheel before parking a few blocks away and walking, the heels I was wearing causing my feet to throb and make me groan to myself until I entered the building and knocked on a door waiting. Ronnie ripped it open grinning as the guys were all around tuning and practicing amongst their chatter until I walked in, then dead silence as Ronnie cleared his throat, all eyes on me and nervous looks. “Dudes, please don’t do this.” I said nervously and their drummer Ryan cracked up from behind the kit. “Do what?” he asked as he clicked his drum sticks down on his tom. “Go quiet around me, makes me feel all awkward and shit.” I said flopping myself back somewhat comfortably against a chair in the corner and stared. They all laughed and I shrugged. “alright so what was I needed for on such short notice?” I asked and Ronnie beamed. “You have to know what we sound like, act like, and are before you leave with us.” he said bluntly and I shrugged. I didn’t have the heart to tell him, I knew all about his band. Besides, that might end awkwardly.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment. i know its new, and the first chapter is more of a filler for what will happen, but c'mon people! I need some support.