Set It Off

It's Complicated

After Jaime and Pierre had calmed down the situation, Hayley took Zack to her room to aid his bruising jaw. Josh was with the guys, taking care of his swollen fist.

Nobody knew why Josh acted the way he did. Except Pierre.

"Could've controlled our emotions there mate." Pierre said in a whispery voice as he sat beside Josh, handing him the ice wrapped in cloth.

"I didn't mean it."

"I know."

"What? You do?"

"Course I do. Been there, done that."

"I really didn't man, I just, I don't know. Snapped out I guess." Josh said as he rested his back on the couch.

"Well, you gotta explain that to Hayley. Zack probably already knows it was nothing personal."

"I will, when they get back here."

********

"Aw, that stings!" Zack shouted unintentionally. Hayley sighed and tried to put ice on his face again. He whined then let out a small whimper.

"Just keep that ice on your face, it'll heal until tomorrow." Hayley gave Zack package and headed down stairs.

She wasn't mad, she was just shocked, confused, and afraid. It was like Josh was slowly turning into a slightly different person. She felt like she didn't know him anymore.

"Hey, Hay." Josh called.

She just gave him a poker face and sighed.

"Can we talk? Please? I swear I'll be direct to the point." Josh pleaded.

He followed her as they headed to her small garden bridge. She leaned on the wood and put her hands in her pockets. "Spill."

"I know it's with Zack that I owe an explanation, but I know you deserve one too."

No response, she just raised an eyebrow and gave him a questioning look.

"See, I-I snapped out. I was, I, I was j-jealous."

"Of what?" She was curious now.

"Zack an-"

"Oh my god, you're gay?!" cutting him off.

"No. I was jealous of Zack and you." He said, looking down to the bridge floor.

"Of Zack and me? What? I don't even have any feelings for Zack. You can have him for yourself."

Well that didn't go well. Josh thought.

"Hayley!"

"What?"

"Never mind." He shook his head. "I thought you like him. You looked pretty devastated when he left you on the dance floor."

She thought for a while, her eyes widened as she remembered the night.

"I was. But not because I like him." She sighed. "While we were dancing, he told me. Zack told me, his parents are getting a divorce."

Josh's jaw dropped a bit, eyes slightly wide. Shocked.

So that's what it was about, he thought to himself. It felt like the weight on his shoulders were gone. He was jealous of nothing.

"But I don't want to give details. If he want to tell you guys, it's supposed to be from him."

"I understand. But, hayley.."

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you have a boyfriend?" He blushed. He felt retarded for asking such an off question.

"Why the sudden change of topic?" She said as she smiled, and chuckled.

Shrugging, he said, "I don't know. Just curious. Well, Zack and you looked like an item. But, really, why don't you have one?"

She laughed.

"Josh, relationships are messy. People's feelings get hurt." Josh felt a pang in his heart. He shouldn't let it show.

"And besides, single is the new sexy." She pointed out as she made a whore-like pose and a duck face.

Josh laughed histerically. And Hayley tugged his arm inviting him inside.

"Well, if you change your mind, let me know." He said, giving her a wink.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update is shitty, I'm so sorry D:

It's because I have finals next week and a lot of projects and presentations to be done. D:
Ahhh.

I've noticed that Zack's name was pretty much messed up in the previous chapter. Zach - Zack. Sorry omg