Set It Off

Takes One To Know

Hayley's POV

If there's one thing I'm happy, thankful, and proud of, it's got to be the song I recently wrote. It sums me up. It's nice to know the guys relate to it too. It was, the moment a while ago was, well, magical.

Everything was packed up, after a couple of minutes my basement was clean again.

"You guys can stay here for the night, it's Sunday tomorrow so everything will be fine." I said.

They looked at each other.

"Sweet." Zack said, giving me a thumbs up.

"So, since we're done and tired. You guys keen for a little bonfire and smores?" I asked.

"Hell yea!" Jaime jumped.

"I feel sticky. I think I'll shower first." Pierre said.

"I'm coming." Zack added, "Me too." Jaime joined.

"Eewwww." I chuckled. "'kay, everything you need will be at the guest room. See you at the backyard later."

****

Just as soon as the guys went off to shower, Josh helped Hayley start the fire. It was silent the whole time, but not awkward. It was a comfortable silence. They sat down while waiting for the others.

"Hayles."

"Yeah?"

"Well," Josh rubbed his nape. Hayley seemed to notice he did this quite often. "Have you ever felt like your first love is with someone who thinks of you as a friend?" He looked at her with sad eyes.

She nodded slightly.

"Yes. Honestly, many years back." She faced the fire which was getting higher. He was taken aback, secretly hoping she was referring to him.

"With who? Alex?" He asked.

"No, no" She shook her head.

"Alex is a different case. I had a childhood friend. Funny though, his name's also Josh. I remember seeing him for the last time when we were in 3rd grade. Yes I know, I was young. But I knew he was the guy I couldn't forget even after I meet a million more men." She chuckled.

"I'm confused." He said.

"Well, contrary to popular belief, I didn't grow up in America. I lived my younger years in Surrey, England. There, you see, there was this boy I knew since birth. We'd play, eat, do things together." She looked at him.

"Well, he was my first love. I was so fucking mature for a young lass. I didn't tell him though." She continued. "Then, just after 3rd grade ended, our parents got in a fight regarding work. My dad blamed his parents for causing our firm to go bankrupt."

Josh tensed. He wasn't sure what to say.

"His family then flew to Weybridge. For a young age, I went through depression. Sending me here in America with my grandma seemed the most logical thing to do. then in 10th grade, mom phoned me and told me that they reconciled but the plane they were in crashed, there were no survivors. I was depressed as fuck. I became a party person. Then I met Alex. Which, as I said, is a different case." She winked at him.

"So yes, I have been in love with a boy who thought of me as a friend, and only a friend." She nodded.

Josh faced her.

"Hayles." He said in a whispery voice.

She looked at him, hinting shock in his eyes.

"I didn't die."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta - da. I might not be able to update in a couple of days. See ya till then :)