Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Give It Up

Chapter 32: Give It Up

"Oh my jeebus! Guys, do you know what day it is!?" I asked giddily as I literally hopped in the room with Zayn behind me.

"March 27." Harry answered.

"Boo, you whore! I was talking about the DAY, not the DATE. Anyway, do you!? Do you!?" I asked happily; even going as far as clapping my hands in joy afterwards.

"I'm confused. What day IS today?" Niall asked.

"It's..." Louis and I began after we made eye contact. "Duchess' birthday!"

"Dogs have birthdays!?" Niall questioned.

"Of course they do. Only, I think they don't know that it's their birthday. Who cares, though?! It's my little girl's first birthday!" I exclaimed before skipping to Lou's bed and opening his laptop.

"Are you calling mum?" Lou asked before stuffing his face with toast.

"Yep." I answered before logging into Skype. Zayn grabbed a plate and filled it with food before sitting down next to me and offering me food.

"Thanks, babe." I said softly and smiled as I kissed him. Then, I grabbed a slice of buttered toast and started nibbling on it.

"You've got quite the appetite, mate." Liam pointed out. I looked over at Zayn and saw that he had almost finished two slices of toast while I still wasn't done with half of mine.

"Well, that you are, babe. What have you been doing?" I teased which made Zayn blush before rolling his eyes.

"Lil, you seem to have this glow." Louis stated which made me grin at him. On the inside though, I was panicking. Oh, magical lying powers, don't fail me now.

"It's this new body scrub that I'm using. Thank God it finally worked!" I said with a laugh. Great. That sounded convincing enough.

I turned my attention back to the screen and noticed that my mum was online. So, I called her. She answered right away and I couldn't help but belch out the Happy Birthday song at the sight of Duchess.

"Happy Birthday, my little Duchess!" I greeted which made the boys scurry over to me. They all greeted mine and Lou's mum and mum commented on Lou's messy bed. Which reminds me, I hope they change the sheets today. I don't want anyone seeing those blood stains.

"I'll send her gift soon, mummy. I love you so much. Stay safe, ok? If my friends come over, tell them that their gifts will be in the mail. Bye." I bid after talking to my mum for about ten minutes. Then, I logged into Twitter.

Happy first birthday to Duchess Fleur Adelaide Tomlinson!! I love you. X

Not even a minute into posting the tweet, I got a reply.

@Lil_TommoJANE who's Duchess? :)

@Direction_Tommo she's my little doggy. :3


"It's time for another signing." Paul announced which made all of us groan. But, we followed anyway.

***

"I'm so sick of smiling for pictures." I said stiffly as I leaned back in my chair. We've been here for an hour and a half now, and plenty of girls also wanted my picture. So, I had to smile and smile and smile!

"Now you know." Louis muttered from beside me. I rolled my eyes and shoved him lightly.

"Zayn," I whispered in Zayn's ear.

"Yes, love?" He asked quietly as he signed an album cover.

"I feel so sore." I admitted as quietly as possible. He almost jumped out of his seat in shock.

"Like, sore.. down there?" He asked silently; facing me. I nodded. "I'm so sorry."

"No, don't be. I just wanted to tell you in case you wanted to.. you know." I whispered.

"I was thinking about it. But, maybe when you feel better." He answered.

"Yeah. I knew you'd understand. I love you." I said softly before pecking his lips.

"Oi, you two.. Let's keep it G-rated. There are kids present." Harry hollered.

"Shut up, Hazza." I muttered and looked down at my lap.

"Oh my God! You're Lillian Tomlinson!" A girl shrieked which made me flinch.

"That I am, lovey." I answered with a small smile.

"Please sign the album." She half-pleaded, half-demanded. I grasped the marker that Zayn was offering me and signed the album cover.

"Thank you so much! You're, like, my hero!" She exclaimed which made me nod. Apparently, the girls here thought that I was sone advocate of girl power since I always shut the boys up. Let me tell you, I'm not an advocate of anything.. except animal rights.

"Thank you." I said softly. She waved at me before moving on to Louis. I think she was sexually harassing my brother with her words, but, I can't be too sure. Besides, Lou's a big boy. He can fend off a 12 year-old who wants to have sex with him.

Then, there came this girl who was wearing provocative clothing. I think she was hoping to catch one of the boys' attention. The only thing that she'll be catching with that outfit is a cold... and, probably STD.

"That last one was..." Harry trailed off.

"She has a bright future," the boys all looked at me in disbelief. "You didn't let me finish. She has a bright future as either a stripper or a porn star." We all laughed at that.

"I like your shirt." I complimented the next fan who came up for an autograph. Really, she had a nice shirt. It was a 'Superman blue' and had 'You say hi, I say wow' written on it.

"Thank you." She muttered before smiling shyly and turning to Louis.

"Bonjour." The next girl greeted.

"I think this is your area of expertise, my dear sister." Lou said with a grin. I  rolled my eyes and smiled at the French girl in front of Zayn and I.

"Bonjour. Je m'appelle Lillian Tomlinson. Comment vous appelez-vous?" I asked with a grin. (trans: My name is Lillian Tomlinson. What is your name?)

"Je m'appelle Elizabeth. Pouvez vous veuillez signer cela?" She asked shyly. (Trans: my name is Elizabeth. Can you please sign this?)

"Her name's Elizabeth." I said with a smile before turning to the next fan.

***

That afternoon, after the signing, we decided to just head back to the hotel since we were beat. The boys all settled for some sleep while Zayn stripped his shirt off and just lounged in bed as I soaked in the tub.

After draining the tub, I put my clothes on and went in the room; only to find Zayn at the window with a cigarette in his hand. My blood boiled but I tried to reign my feelings in. I wanted to smack him so hard. I thought that he was trying to stop.

"Zayn?" I asked. My voice clearly indicated that I was angry and upset at him.

"Lil," He said in shock. I marched over to him and grabbed the cigarette from his hand before putting it out by pushing the end to an ashtray. "I.. I can explain."

"No. Just.. have you ever thought about the consequences, Zayn? What if we get married and have kids? Would you want our children to grow up knowing that their father has a vice? What if you suddenly get sick? I've seen people die because of this. I... I know that it's hard to give something up.. But, if you can't do it for yourself, then do it for me... for our future family. Please." I whispered brokenly as tears fell freely from my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Lil." He answered before burying his face in his hands and crying. My heart crumbled in my chest and I wrapped my arms around Zayn and cradled his head on my shoulder to comfort him. He didn't need anyone to scold him.. he just needs someone to understand him ad help him through this.

"I'll help you. We'll get through this." I whispered encouragingly in Zayn's ear. He hugged me tightly and resumed crying on my shoulder. I kissed his temple and gingerly led him to the bed before laying both of us down over the covers.

"I'm so sorry.." Zayn kept whispering as he cried. At his third 'sorry' I just broke down with him. Seeing him cry like this... it just made my whole being ache.

***

"Would you like anything, babe?" I asked softly as I brushed Zayn's hair from his forehead. To be honest, I preferred his natural hairstyle over his coif. But, hey, both suited him well.

"I just need you here." He answered with a small smile on his face. I smiled back at him and wiped the remainder of his tears from his cheeks using my thumbs.

"I love you so, so, so much." I whispered and kissed his lips lightly.

"I love you, too. I'm sorry if I'm not perfect.." I cut him off with a fierce kiss.

"I will smack you so hard the next time you say that. You ARE perfect." I said and stared intently into his beautiful eyes. Then, I kissed him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okayyy... Sooo.. Third chapter for today.. Lol.. What the heck is up with me?

xodangersbellaxo: thank you for commenting. :D i think Zayn will make a good dad, don't you?

dj tommo: thank you.. That really means a lot to me. :3 I was y contemplating whether to be more graphic, but i feel very uncomfortable writing smut. Haha..

Anyways, this chappy is dedicated to my own dog.. Her first birthday was on the 27th, and i couldn't incorporate her into the story up until now.. Soooozz belated happy birthday to my own Duchess Fleur Adelaide Tomlinson-Malik. ;)

I love all of you.. :D