Cabinet of Perturbation

Malo

Even though I knew he was blind from the recording earlier I still ran over and crouched down to hide with the potatoes. I clenched my teeth together to stop them from chattering as I finally saw him. He looked just like the other monster but bigger. Wait… that means…
That’s Basile, so the one before must be… Alois or Malo. It was depressed sounding and called out for his love, which sounded like the letter from Alois’s chamber. So I have seen Alois, and Basile… there is one left after this. My eyes widened in fear as my breathing increased.
His voice echoed through the room, “yes, keep making those sounds.“ I tried to hold my breath as he came closer to me; even though he was blind I felt like he was staring at me. Knew exactly where I was. Then he turned around and walked back to where he came from. With the help of the wall I stood up and looked around the dark room. Basile had walked by a small hallway going off the side of the room, maybe that was where I had to go? I took a deep breath and began to slide across the wall toward the hallway trying to be as silent as possible. When I arrived there were two chairs blocking the way. I tried my best to silently slip through them and when I turned around I saw him there, it looked like he was staring at me.
He laughed and said, “I have you now.” He came running toward me, or at least I thought he was. He ran straight into the wall and fell to the floor, “FUCK!” I silently backed away down the hallway as he stood up. “I will kill you, you cunt!” he yelled out to the heavens. I hit the wall and looked to the right to see a door. I waited till Basile walked away till I tip toed to the door and opened it. I arrived in a small corridor with another phonograph near a door across from me. I walked down to it and turned it like usual.
Justine’s voice echoed through the small corridor loudly, I thought Basile might even hear it, “I’m sure you have figured out how it all works by now. Are you enjoying my quips? I think they are quite clever. Not that I ever was much of a conversationalist, poetry has always been my forte. But I digress. You should press on, it will all be over soon. Also, the police are here, maybe they can help.” I got a strange feeling from the idea of police, I doubt they could help. Also almost over? Maybe my Malo guess was correct? I opened the door to reveal a small staircase with a door half under water.
FUCK!
FUCK!
FUCK!

The monster was definitely in the next chamber and he would definitely be able to hear me in the water. I leaned against the door trying to get my thoughts in order. Probably another person to save in there. I guess I should just… ignore the person. Try to do it as quickly as I can. Kill him given the chance. I straightened myself up, I was about to walk to my death. Please god help me? Dam, now I sound like the last man. I walked into the water soaking the bottom of my dress but I did not care. I opened the door to reveal a huge but empty room with three others doors. I went straight to the one ahead of me to see I needed a lever. Without thinking I went into the room on the right and instantly found it. I ran back with the lever and stuck it into the spot and heard a loud noise. I pulled it down, it was definitely Malo. I prayed he wasn’t on the other side. The door opened and I ran straight ahead again to see a lever… that was broken. My luck. I ran back to the door I came out of and closed it. I ran to the room on the left to see a missing piece and ran across to the other room to see it on the floor. For some reason I did not understand how I knew where everything was. It was like I did this before, but how? I ran back to the other room to hear banging at the door I came out of and yelling.
“I just want to taste you” the voice called out and my eyes widened as I continued to run. This guy wants to… eat me? I need to hurry. RUN FASTER JUSTINE! Wait… what did I just think? That’s not important. I put the piece back in it’s place and ran to the door and pulled the lever as the door behind me broke. The door opened and I pulled it again when I got to the other side. Then I heard the banging again and tried to not listen to the insane words.
The man cried out, “you there, help me! I’ll call on my men to save us from this hell hole.” I remembered what I thought before coming here, don’t save the person. I ignored him and ran across the room to another door, luckily this worked. The door lifted to a small flight of stairs and a door. The door closed behind me as I ran to the other one. I felt bad leaving another one behind but I was more concentrated on my own life. I opened the door to reveal another small corridor with a phonograph.
Oh fun.