Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 12

ERIN'S POV

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I whispered to Alex as we hugged. He was leaving for tour today.

"Not as much as I'll miss you, and this one," he said, pulling back to rub my stomach. I really was going to miss him. It wouldn't be the same without him, it wouldn't be home. "Now look after yourself, okay? I don't want a-"

"I know I know, you don't want another episode like last time," I finished for him, rolling my eyes.

"And don't you forget it," Alex said, flashing me that smile. "That's my girl."

As soon as Alex pulled away, I was suddenly smothered by numerous limbs an found myself in a somewhat rather awkward group hug, because everyone was trying to get to me but pushing each other out of the way at the same time. You had to love these guys. I'd found it more easy to switch from being a complete fan to being a friend. Of course I still had my posters up, which the guys thought was weird, but to make me happy they'd signed them and all my CDs and tickets. I was always going to be a fangirl at heart, especially as whenever I was left in the house alone, I'd get out my copy of Straight To DVD and recite their banter between songs. I wasn't gonna let them know that, but I think Alex had his suspicions, there were too many times I'd had to dive to turn it off when he walked through the door.

When we'd all finished saying our goodbyes, they were called into the bus and it rolled away. I walked back into the house and settled down on the couch. These were going to be a long two months while they were on tour. Alex said he'd skype and made the rest of the band and crew promise they would too. It was nice, being loved like that.

The first month wasn't too bad, I practiced guitar a little, Alex was teaching me, I got some retail therapy done...okay it was for maternity clothes, not that exciting. Alex wasn't gonna let me try an waddle around in skinny jeans, as if they'd actually fit me anyway when I was so far along. I bought groceries, ordered pizza, explored Baltimore a little bit, and as boring as it sounded, I was having fun.

As promised, the band and crew found time to skype me everyday, even if it was only for ten minutes. I looked forward to the chats with Jack the most, he was hilarious! But it got to the point where he had to tone down with the jokes because Alex was getting worried too much excitement would be bad for me and the baby. He was way over protective, and sometimes it was annoying, but it was pretty nice to know he cared.

We were having another one of our chats when all of a sudden Alex started to look uncomfortable.

"Alright Alex, spill!" I just wanted to know what was getting him so on edge.

His eyes briefly looked up through the screen and he answered. "I...I hooked up last night."

I tried to hide my shock, and I felt tears prick at the back of my eyes. Oh god. Come on Erin, get a grip, he's Alex Gaskarth! Of course he has hook ups! And we're just friends, remember? "Oh?" I finally answered, afraid to attempt more than one syllable in case my voice cracked.

"Yeah, there was a party and we got drunk...well there was more than one party, and every time I've gotten drunk. And every time I hooked up. I didn't even remember any of the girls names each time I woke up and found one next to me. Damn, I really feel guilty." Alex sighed and hung his head.

Oh no. This was NOT what I wanted to hear. There was no chance for us, was there? No chance whatsoever. I mean, I already knew that, but this sort of set it in stone. "Why do you feel guilty? You didn't get them pregnant right? You were careful?"

"Yeah...I was, but still-"

"Then you have nothing to feel guilty about. Unless they wanted more?" Oh I hope he hadn't found a new girlfriend. That was the last thing I needed. They may wanna live here, and then Alex would kick me out. Who wants a pregnant friend living with them anyway?

He shook his head. "No, they didn't want more...I just...look I need to tell you something, okay?" Alex looked up and his eyes locked with mine, as best as they could through a computer screen.

"Uhm, okay then?" But as soon as Alex opened his mouth to say something, I heard Evan call him away.

Alex sighed and told him he'd be there in two minutes. Before we disconnected he asked to see my baby bump. I swear that boy was obsessed. Every time he asked to see it. "Good, right, wel I'll talk to you tomorrow and I guess I'll see you in a couple of weeks!" I sighed heavily as I turned off the computer.

Great. All hope, gone. I looked down at that small bump and stroked it. "Well kiddo, guess it really is just you and me. I'm sorry we won't be a proper family for you...but I promise you we'll try our best."

Over the next couple of weeks, Alex's parents visited and helped me out wih things around the house. Apparently they'd heard about my little event, from Alex most likely, so they were supposed to make sure I didn't walk too far and didn't do too much. Patents who actually cared...that was nice. They drove me to the airport when Alex got back, and I ran into his arms. I didn't care that we weren't together, I didn't care that he possibly ha a new girlfriend, I was just glad he was back.

"I've missed you so much!!! I'm so glad you're back! AHHHH!" Yeah, okay I was a little excited.

I don't think Alex minded, he just laughed at me. "Yeah yeah, missed you too sweetie," he said and hugged me back, but not too tightly as he was aware that my bump was bigger than before.

"Wow, Erin you're getting fat. What the hell are you eating?" Jack just couldn't help himself.

"Shut up you asshole, this is three months of baby right here!" I pouted and Jack stuck his tongue out at me. "Yeah yeah, you know you missed me really!"

To that he said, "true dat! Come here ya big whale!" but before he could get to me, Rian stole me for a hug.

"HAH! I got her first!" Rian teased, hugging me carefully. I laughed as Jack pouted and cries on Vinnys shoulder. "So how have you been?" he asked me.

I shrugged. "Good, yknow? Nothing happened, normal I guess." I knew my eyes looked a little sad so I looked to the ground. Rian tipped my head up as Zack came over.

"Hey, Erin, he did feel really bad about those hook ups you know," Rian said.

"Yeah, he was absolutely distraught. They didn't mean anything to him. Alex was scared in case you were mad at him," Zack stated.

They both looked at me. "What? Why would I care? It's not like we...I mean I...we're just friends okay?" When I said that they bothe rolled their eyes and muttered something as Alex walked over to us after a chat with his parents.

"Ready to go?" he asked me. I nodded and as he walked me to his car, which his parents had brought over, I looked over my shoulder and saw Rian, Zack and Jack staring at me, as if there was something I was missing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not uploading last night, there wa the whole Alex on THC chat thingy then he moved to the forums and it was too late to upload after...Il write some more later today to make up for it :) this was kind of a filler, but I hope you still like it!