Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 26

ALEX'S POV

It was Christmas eve, we had spent the morning with Jack and Alex.

Rian and Cassadee were still on their honeymoon, while Zack and Hannah had flown their families out to LA. Jack and Alex were getting really excited about their wedding, Alex was trying to get him to agree to a wedding in Vegas. She'd get her way, girls always did.

Me and Erin were sat in the living room on some cushions on the floor. Jasey was crawling around after Peyton, while Erin petted Sebastian.

"No Jasey! Stay away from the fucking fire!" I yelled, causing Jasey to stop in her tracks, a puzzled look crossing her cute face. All I had to do was stretch out on my front to drag her back from the flames. I made a mental note to get a guard or something on the front of that fire.

"Alex! Watch your language! According to those books she'll be talking any time soon and I do NOT want that to be her first word!" Erin scolded.

Erin let Sebastian go, and he jumped around happily with Peyton as Jasey crawled away from me and into Erin's lap. "So, ready for the dvd Jasey?" I cooed at her while tickling her into a laughing fit. 

"I wonder what DVD daddy is gonna put on for us? Reckon it has suitable language?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not gonna put on the hangover again, okay?"

Erin held her stare with me. "And it's not going to give her nightmares?"

"That was one time!" I defended. I thought it was a good idea to put on the nightmare before Christmas, but apparently babies don't like that because neither me or Erin got any sleep that night. "Okay, how about we watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer? The one where Paul McCartney covers one of the songs? That okay?" Erin smiled and nodded. We settled back down as I put the film on and cuddled Erin close to me. We only got half an hour in and Jasey had started to yawn in that adorable way babies do. 

"Alex, turn the tv off an get your guitar," Erin ordered.

"Why?"

"So you can sing her to sleep, stupid. She always sleeps better when she hears your voice, you know that. Plus I wanna hear you play. I've only got like a month and a half before you go on tour. Now get your damn guitar!" I grinned at her.

"Yes ma'am," I said before quickly kissing her.

When I came back, Erin was snuggled with Jasey on the couch, and was probably falling asleep herself. I played a couple of songs including Erin's new favourite of the week, running from lions. She changed her favourite song as often as she changed clothes, but her favourite was always one of our songs. I complained about it, but secretly I liked it, knowing she still loved me for my music too.

When I was done, and it looked as though they were both asleep, I put my guitar away and blew out some if the candles. Jasey wasn't really old enough to understand the whole Santa concept so we didn't put out any milk, cookies, mince pies or carrots.  I gently shook Erin. 

"Mmm, what is it? I'm trying to sleep..."

"Babe we gotta put Jasey to bed, and the. We gotta get you to bed too. But we don't have to go to sleep straight away," I winked.

Erin lightly slapped my arm. "Behave yourself mister, you take Jasey. I'll go put the presents under the tree."

I took the sleeping bundle into my arms, quickly kissed Erin and headed to the nursery. Carefully laying Jasey down in her cot, I just stood for a little while, staring at her and stroking her cheek. "It's your first Christmas sweetie. You probably won't remember it, but that's alright. You'll have plenty more, and mommy and daddy will be there, we'll be a real family, we won't be like before you were born. You might even have a baby brother or sister...or both. We'll be happy. And that's all thanks to you. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have your mom, I wouldn't be happy. I love you so much baby, I really do. Merry Christmas Jasey Rae." I leaned over to kiss her forehead and flipped the switch, but left the nightlight on.

I walked into Erin's bedroom, but couldn't find her in there. I knew she wasn't in the nursery, so I guessed she'd be in my room, I mean it doesn't take long to put presents under a tree. And sure enough, when I got into my room, there she was, fresh out of a shower, using my hair dryer.

She turned and noticed me. "Oh hey, sorry, I bust my hair dryer, so I've stolen yours, kay?" Erin smiled. I returned the smile and nodded. God, I still couldn't get over the fact that she was mine. I watched her as she finished drying he hair. 

"You want me to stay in your room tonight?" she asked. Erin and I sort of switched occasionally on whose room we were gonna sleep in. Since my birthday we haven't slept in separate beds. But if we were in her room, I refused to fool around, the posters still freaked me out. I nodded, but Erin made to leave the room.

I reached out for her arm. "Where are you going?"

Erin looked at me with a confused face. "To get some pyjamas...I can't sleep in a towel."

I smirked. "Well I was thinking you didn't have to wear anything at all," and I took her in my arms, let the towel fall and we made our way to my bed. 

When I woke up, it was around 8 in the morning, and I knew I wasn't going to get back to sleep. As I moved Erin stirred. "Merry Christmas baby," I whispered and kissed her cheek. She mumbled something incoherently and rolled over to get some more sleep.

I quietly changed into some red skinnies and a white tshirt. Then I thought I'd be festive and threw on a green hoodie. Jasey was still sleeping when I checked on her. She'd slept through the whole night, which was surprising, but also a little alarming and I couldn't help but check her pulse. Nope, it was normal. And when her eyelids fluttered open I was greatly relieved. I scooped her up in my arms before she could begin to cry, and carried her downstairs. I left her in the highchair and started to feed her...yes I did do the plane and train tunnel stuff, but who cares? I was a dad now, I'm allowed to be uncool...but as dads went I thought I wasn't half bad really. I smiled to myself. Dad. I liked thinking that. I hoped it wouldn't be too long before Jasey said daddy, or dada.

Quickly I ran upstairs, got the presents I'd bought for Erin and stuck them under the tree along with gifts for Jasey, gifts from our friends, my family, and some presents Erin had bought for me. She'd got a little job at one of the coffee shops my mom went to often. Mom had put in a good word, because she knew how desperate Erin was to stop living off me, and the woman who owned it was nice enough to offer her a part time job, and they'd let her have the time off to look after Jasey when I was on tour, but it she wanted to go in, she could. It wasn't exactly a formal job, but it made Erin happy. I still refused anything towards living, so she could spend that money on herself. Of course I'd buy her whatever she wanted, but Erin wasn't going along with that. I knew Erin would love her gifts from me. She'd probably laugh too.

"Well, Jasey, wanna go wake up mommy?" Jasey bounced in her seat and struck her fists against the little tray. I laughed and picked her up out of her seat. "Merry Christmas Jasey."
♠ ♠ ♠
Right so the Christmas one is gonna be in two parts...cos Alex wanted me to hurry up XD so here you go! Hopefully I'll post tonight, but I have quite a lot of work for history, english and philosophy. Coursework deadlines are the end of the month and my philosophy is gonna need a lot of revision for the exam because trust me...Nietzche is HARD and I forgot everything from the first unit :') hope you liked it! I will find the time to upload :')