A Wish Upon a Lucky Star

XIV

Steph’s POV

With mum now permanently settled back in England and everything in order I could fully concentrate on the pregnancy. I was almost to term and me and Nick had already sorted a plan for what was to happen. Nick had booked off my due date from work and a bag was already made up in case the twins decided to come early. I was now huge and the weight of two extra bodies was putting more strain on my back and feet and so spent a lot of my time having to sit down.

Nick had already organized the flat ready for the arrivals with Brandon now living with Lottie and Greg and the spare room ready for the arrival. The room had been painted a pale lemon color and toys already sat on the drawer full with newborn clothes ready. We had decided against knowing the sex of the babies and so everything was neutral colors for the time being.

With a week to go I could tell Nick was getting nervous with becoming a dad but I knew that he was going to be a great father. Although it seemed his panic was about to be bought on a little early. I was about to grab a bottle of water from the fridge when I doubled over in pain, letting out a groan as I leant against my knees.

I managed to move myself slowly towards the bathroom before a second pain had me leaning against the bath. This time Nick was beside looking panicked as he rubbed my back to try and help with the pain.

“Are they coming?”

Before I could respond my waters had broken followed by more pain. Nick was quickly on his mobile as I tried to steady my breathing and resist the pain. It didn’t take long before Nick was rubbing my back again trying to help me.

“An ambulance is on its way. We need to get you out those joggers.”

I nodded as I continued to take breaths as Nick helped me get off the clothes and instead place on a loose fitting nightgown. Once I was settled in the hospital Nick phoned Lottie to let her know I was in labor and to inform Grissom and everyone. Once he returned I took his hand in mine before squeezing tight as another contraction bought on pain.

It was several hours of pain and me almost crushing poor nick’s hand as he tried to keep me calm before I was fully dilated for birth. After more pain we finally had one twin out which was a boy. I felt relieved to hear a cry from across the room before the second twin followed which was a girl. A second cry confirmed we had to healthy babies and the nurses saw to them been clean and kept warm. Nick placed a kiss on my sweaty cheek as he hugged me. Seeing the smile on his face alone made me happy even before I had seen our two bundles of joy.

The nurse soon passed Nick a bundle wrapped in blue before pacing me a bundle in pink as I cradled my little girl in my arms. I looked up to see Nick’s face glowing as he looked down to his two children.

“Well done babe, we have two gorgeous children, thanks to you.”

The nurse soon snapped a couple of photos for us as I kissed my daughters head gently before tickling her cheek. She soon grabbed a hold of my pinkie grabbing it tight.

“Well your daddies little girl aren’t you with that strength.”

Soon the two were taken off and put into some cribs as I was moved onto the maternity ward to recover for the rest of the day and where I would no doubt have a stream of visitors. I would be kept in until morning along with the new arrivals who me and Nick decided to name Elliot Nicholas and Ava Grace.