Status: in progress

Breaking Free

Chapter 6

Liam’s POV

I looked to the corner of the kitchen and saw a girl standing there. I mumbled with my mouth full: ‘’Guys! There’s a hot chick in our kitchen!’’

Everyone but Tom and Niall laughed. ‘’Liam, don’t you dare calling my little girl like that!’’ oops. That was obviously Tom’s daughter. I saw the way Niall was looking at her. He didn’t care there were other people in the room. He stared at her like she’s the last woman on the planet. I get it, he likes her. But it was really creepy so someone had to stop him before things get really awkward. ‘’Niall! Niall!’’ he still didn’t care enough to respond. ‘’Niall!’’ I finally yelled. He seemed even more confused than me when someone wakes me up early.

Ah, gotta love people in love!

‘’So Tom, are you go introduce your pretty daughter to us or not?’’

‘’Oh yes, yes of course! Emma, come here, why are you standing in the corner? Don’t be shy, the boys don’t bite! And Niall made the most awesome pancakes ever, you have to try them!’’ Tom really talked too much when he was nervous. He obviously wanted us to like her. No need to worry about that, there’ll always be at least one member of One Direction crazy about her.

We quietly finished our breakfasts and took off to the studio. I was really excited about the new album. It’s a completely different story from the previous two because we’re older now so lyrics are more connected with our personal lives. And there’s nothing better than getting a chance to express your feelings in a song that millions of people will be listening.

Niall’s POV

Working in the studio knowing she was only a few feet away was hard. I couldn’t concentrate on anything and it made me feel bad because I knew I was letting the rest of the group down. I could sense they knew what was going on but they didn’t want to bring it up. They know I’ll tell them myself when I’ll be ready to talk about it. I just wanted to talk with her first!

When a lunch break finally approached, guys decided to order some Chinese. Since I never was a big fan, I decided to go to McDonalds or something else. ‘’So Emma, looks like you don’t like Chinese either. Wanna go out for lunch?’’

She didn’t seem too stoked about it but she agreed anyway. I tried to start up the conversation as we walked to the nearest McDonalds. But it felt like she didn’t care about me and about anything I was saying. She looked like she was in her own world, with her own thoughts.

‘’Daydreaming time?’’ she didn’t laugh. Or smile. She looked me deeply in the eyes and coldly said: ‘’Look, I don’t like you. Or care about you. Harry’s the cutest so you should simply stop trying. Okay?’’

And she left. She just left me there. I couldn’t blame her though. I couldn’t compete with Harry when we talk about looks, or singing skills. The only thing I’m better at than he is would probably be cooking. But girls don’t care about that.

I was bummed. She didn’t even give me a chance to get to know me. But I decided not to give up. I’ll simply keep trying. I’ll make small steps and show her that not everything is about looks.

I came back to the studio before she did. Guys sensed something was wrong and they didn’t keep it to themselves this time. Liam gave me a hug. ‘’What’s wrong Nialler?’’

I didn’t want to talk. I kept quiet for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
give me some more feedback pleaaaaase! (: