Status: Comments = Updates

The Unwanted Daughter

Battle Between Heart and Mind

Logan’s POV

I grinned, as I thought that tomorrow I would eat breakfast with such a beauty, Maddie looked up at me and said, “She’s pretty” I nodded at her comment. Maddie and I walked back inside the house, when my dad walked downstairs and ate the food, I narrowed my eyes, I told Maddie to go to her room and lock the door. She did what I said, “What are you doing? There was enough for the three of us, you pig” he looked at me with anger in his eyes, “What did you just say?” I became bold and said, “You heard me” he soon charged at me, and threw me to the floor, punches were made to one another, but soon I was being overpowered and I was beat unconscious. Hours later I woke up, still on the floor, with Maddie crying next to me lying on my chest. I caressed her hair and she looked up, and threw herself around my neck and hugged me as hard as a 3 year old could.

“Logan, I thought you died” she said, I smiled trying to not let the pain show in it, “I’m okay Maddie, everything is okay” after sitting there with Maddie and calming her down, her stomach roared with hunger, her eyes widened, I chuckled painfully, “Someone is hungry” she pouted at me. I tried not to let my pain show in my face since I didn’t want Maddie to think I was in more pain than I looked, I decided that right now I needed help and began to limp my way next door with Maddie clinging to me from my pants and crying.

Evangeline’s POV

Everybody was eating when I heard the door knock; “I’ll get it” I walked over the door, and opened it. There stood, Logan bloody and bruised, and Maddie hiccupping from what I was guessing the crying. I opened the door wide enough for them to come in. “What happened?” I asked, Maddie looked at me and raised her arms for me to take, I picked her up and placed her on my hip, she put her face on my neck and started crying again, “It’s okay, everything is going to be fine” I cooed to the small girl. Michelle came into the living room after I didn’t come back into the kitchen. “Who was at the door?” she asked, “It’s Logan and Maddie from next door” she looked up from her phone and saw them, she gasped at Logan’s condition, she immediately went to get the First Aid Kit and seated Logan on the couch, while she was tending to Logan’s injuries, I asked Maddie if she was hungry, she nodded vigorously with tears in her eyes.

I headed into the kitchen and placed her on my lap as I got a plate and served her some breakfast, I gave her a fork and she started eating. The guys around the table looked at me confused and their girls looked at me in awe. “They are Brian’s next door neighbor, Logan her brother came covered in bruises and blood and Maddie was crying.” The girls gasped, “Are you okay?” I hear Gena ask. “I’m okay, but not my big brother” while we were eating, we would hear Logan either hiss in pain, or curse, which would cause Maddie to look over towards the door. I smiled down on her, she turned to me and looked at me, “Who are they ivangely” she asked. I pointed to the guys and introduced them, “That big guy right there is Matt and his wife Val; the short one is Johnny and his girlfriend Lacey; the tall one is Jimmy and his girlfriend Leana; the guy with the long hair is Brian; and last but not least the one, that is Zacky and his girlfriend Gena” she nodded her head, and then said, “Why do they have coloring on their arms?” Jimmy decided to answer that, “Because it’s awesome” as he poked her in the tummy, she giggled.

Logan’s POV

When the woman I didn’t know finished with me, she said, “Okay, I’m done. May I ask who did this to you?” I sighed knowing this would happen sooner or later, although I did hoped for later, “My dad” she shook her head, “Why would he do that to you?” I shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t know it has been happening since my sister turned 1” “And where is your mother?” “Dead” I said curtly. “Oh, I am so sorry I didn’t mean to bring that up” I shrugged, “It doesn’t matter. Where’s Maddie?” “Oh, she’s in the kitchen with Evangeline, by the way I’m Michelle.” She said, I nodded, “Michelle, is it all right if went to your kitchen?” “No need to ask” I stood up and limped my way to the kitchen, there sat the beautiful angel and my sister on her lap. The guys except for one, that surrounded her, looked at me, and glared. I was scared shitless to say the least, Evangeline then turned around and saw me, she smiled, “Hey how are you doing?” “Better thanks to Michelle” Michelle walked and waved her hand in dismissal and sat next to the girls.

Maddie looked at me, got off from her lap, and ran into me hugging my legs since she couldn’t reach anything else, “Logan, you’re okay” I bent down grimacing, but covering my pain, “Yeah, I am”, Evangeline was smiling at me, I smiled back, and she got up and walked over to me, “Would you like something to eat?” I nodded and mumbled a thank you. She left to the kitchen to get me a plate, Maddie grabbed my hand and led me to the table I sat in the chair that Evangeline had previously been seated, I was scared when I saw the 4 meaty men staring at me and one tall one, was looking at me as if he knew what I just went through. I looked at the table as if it was the most interesting thing in the world, I heard a smack, “Would you guys stop staring, he’s a person in Brian’s house, we are not in the zoo” I thanked Evangeline’s for the delicious breakfast, but I told her that we needed to go back home, of course Michelle wasn’t really happy about that because she knew something was up, but didn’t push it. I grabbed Maddie as she said goodbye to everyone, lastly she hugged and kissed Evangeline on the cheek. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow” she said, to both of us, she hugged me as well, and I smiled at her kindness, and sincerity. I seriously couldn’t wait till tomorrow.

Maddie and I walked home after breakfast with Evangeline and her family, but as we walked in all that positive energy was sucked out of us when we saw our father drunk, and headed towards us. “Where were you?!” he bellowed, I narrowed my eyes and said, “Next door, why is that problem?” it was his turn to narrow his eyes, “You need my fucking permission to leave this house especially with that little brat” I was about to say something when Maddie said, “I am not little!” she yelled, my fathers eyes then targeted my sister and I knew that he would try and hurt her, he started going to her, I got in front of her to protect her, as she held on to the back of my shirt.

He pushed me violently, and I fell and I hit my head, I felt dizzy, but hearing my sister scream kept me from loosing consciousness, I ran with all my might as I saw him grip her arms and shake her, I couldn’t tell what he was yelling at her, because all I heard was buzzing. I pushed him off my sister and fell on the wooden floor, my sister was crying and I saw her run outside. My father and I continued fighting, I was loosing consciousness, but I wasn’t going to let him win, not this time. As I continued fighting him, sirens were heard outside my home, neither of us stopped from fighting until we were pulled away from each other. As soon as that was done, I blacked out.

One Week Later.

I woke up this morning in pain, I groaned as I hit a sore spot, Maddie was sleeping next to me; she was gripping my hospital gown as if her life depended on it. Her arms had fading bruises because of what my father did to her. I looked around and saw that I wasn’t in my room, but in the hospital, how I got there, I have no idea, but at least I knew that we didn’t have to be at that horrible place if only for a minute.

Evangeline’s POV

I woke up this morning feeling absolutely angry and saddened, I went downstairs and saw Brian in the kitchen attempting to make breakfast for I was assuming for Michelle, I cleared my throat, and he turned to me scared, “What the fuck! You scared me” I rolled my eyes at his over dramatization; “You’re doing that wrong I need to borrow a car to visit Logan and Maddie in the hospital, unless you want to take me which I doubt” he nodded agreeing with me.
I made myself a small breakfast, and left Brian to his doom; Brian didn’t seem to care about what happened to Logan and Maddie, I was angry at him because when Maddie came sobbing about her brother getting beaten by his dad, I told Brian to do something about it and said that it wasn’t any of my business. I decided to call the cops, and I knew I did the right thing, paramedics came and took Logan in the stretcher, he was bleeding, breathing heavily and I was so worried, I’ve only met him twice and I felt my heart tug when I saw him being carried out by the paramedics. His father was taken to jail, for abuse to a minor and attempted murder.

After breakfast, I borrowed the SUV and drove to the hospital, as soon I went inside I asked for Logan and Maddie Delaine. The nurse told the number of their room, I thanked her and made my way towards their room. When I got there I totally had to awe, Maddie was clutching Logan’s gown and she was sucking her thumb from her other hand. Logan looked up and saw me and he smiled, my heart fluttered. I walked next to his bed and sat on the chair that was there, he looked at me, “Hey, what are you doing here?” I smiled at him, “I came to see how you were doing” he placed his hand on mine and thanked me. I shook my head, “There is no need to thank me.” I liked Logan, I couldn’t really deny it, especially after what happened yesterday, so I did what I thought was right, I stood up and leaned over him, I placed my hand on his bruised cheek, “You’re so brave, how you saved your sister”

I got the courage and kissed him, it sparked fireworks, and we continued kissing, when we heard Maddie, “EW” we separated and blushed at her sister, who had her tongue out in disgust, I giggled and Logan laughed. Logan looked at her sister, “So what happened to my dad?” I looked away and said, “Arrested”

Narrator’s POV

Logan had to stay in the hospital for a 2 more days, and Maddie stayed with Jimmy and Leana since Maddie adored Jimmy. For those 2 days Evangeline would visit Logan and sneak kisses to one another, with their hand intertwined and smiles that never left their faces, there never was a silent moment between the two, conversation filled their room. On the other side of the family, Brian and Michelle were at home arguing on how Brian didn’t even care for Evangeline, “You said that you would try to make it up to her, Brian” Brian sighed, “I know I did, but you heard her, she wants nothing to do with me” Michelle narrowed her eyes, “That’s because you told her that if anyone asked who she was to tell them she is your niece, how is that fair?” Michelle sighed, “Brian, I love you I really do, but if you can’t even be a father to her, how can you be a father for when we have kids?”

Brian looked at her, “Why would you say that?” Michelle looked at Brian, might as well tell him, “Because I am pregnant”

Evangeline’s POV

I left Logan after the nurse said visiting hours were over, “I’ll see you tomorrow to pick you up, and I will bring Maddie” he nodded, but pouted, I giggled, “Kiss me please” he asked. I smiled and did so, I left soon after, and when I got home Brian walked into the living room smiling at me. I looked at him strangely, “Hey Evangeline” “Um, Hi?” I asked more than said, “Do you want to join me and the guys to the studio” I thought about it, in my head I knew he was just acting like this because of Michelle, but my heart said that he was trying, so I thought nothing of it. “Sure” Brian and I went to the studio and as we entered the room, Matt, Johnny and Zack looked at me confused as to why I was here. Jimmy on the other hand walked instead of ran to me and pretty much looked at me as if to ask whether or not he could hug me. I opened my arms and signaled him to hug me, he grinned and bear hugged so tightly, “Ji…mmy…can’t…bre…athe” I gasped, and then he let me go, I took a large breathe and went to join him on the couch.

I listened to them work on their music, the process of it seemed to be so difficult, but once it is put together you’d never think that it took all of that. I laid my head on Johnny’ Lap since Jimmy needed to do his part for the song. Johnny would make funny faces at me while I would giggle, Jimmy noticed and said, “Hey short shit stop distracting her, I want her to see me play” Brian looked at me and smiled, I smiled softly back, “Okay Jimmy I’ll pay attention” he nodded sternly and continued to play. After being there for a few hours, they were done; Jimmy ran to me and landed on Johnny and me. I squealed and started laughing as he started to tickle me, “Say Jimmy is the smartest, handsomest, coolest uncle ever” in between breathes I said, “Jimmy…is…the most…smartest…handsomest…coolest…uncle ever!” he stopped and grinned, “I know, sweet pea” I rolled my eyes.

I was still hesitant about believing that Brian wanted to be nice to me, but again as I said before, my mother always told me to see the good in people. I had talked to Logan about my life before I came here, and he told me that anger only holds us from moving on, but I still felt like I needed to get some type of revenge against him, I sat there watching Brian’s band play, and thought that maybe, I should get him back in the most sinister way, without getting caught, and as I thought of the possibilities, I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, So obviously overdue, but here it is, i edited it, but i still feel that it's missing something. Comment to let me know what you think.