Status: I'm working on it

Somewhere in This Lonestar State

Chapter One

Briana's POV:

Two years had passed and the kids are getting so big. Josh is now seven, the Twins are four and Sutton is turning two in three months, on mine and Cameron's anniversary. Desi's and Zach's daughter turned one last month and they named her Piper. I stopped working at the middle school but I still work as Guard Director. Joaquin is my assistant, he ended up getting a better offer at home and he really wanted to stay. Every other year he has classes here then back in New York, this year he's here.

"So I have a really cool design for the marching show for next year." He said.

"But you'll be back in New York and we don't know what the show is yet." I reply.

"Well I love doing this so I'm going to stay I can go back later."

"Joaquin, your mom is going to be mad."

"Hey, I'm going to college." He said.

"Whatever. Yeah, let me see." I said.

"Hey. What are you two up to?" Cameron asked.

":ooking at the design Joaquin made for next year." I reply.

"Oh, okay. I'm going to get Sutton." He said walking out the door.

"So how's the new baby coming along?" Joaquin asked.

"We just haven't been able to. I don't know why we popped the Twins out on one try and then Sutton too." I said.

"Ha ha. Ovulation test?" He asked.

"No I don't want to."

"Look, I found this website when you can calculate when you can conceive." He said grabbing my laptop. He found the website and for it to calculate you have to put your last period date. "Why has it been so long?"

"I don't know." I said.

"Look I have this too." He said handing me a pregnancy test. After I finished raking it we had to wait a while. "What does it say?"

"Negative. It's negative." I sigh.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I knew it was going to say negative."

"Oh, um I have to go fix my mom's outfit for tomorrow." Joaquin said as he leaves. I throw the test away and I go to the kitchen and just started cleaning. Cameron came home and I was still cleaning.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine."
******
The next day I woke up and started working on my new piece. Derick had asked me to go in and help him in his class. Once every week I go in and help Derick with his class.

"Hey don't you have class today?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah I forgot can you get josh and the twins ready so I can take them?" I asked.

"Yeah Already on it." he said walking away. The teachers at Josh's school skiped him up a few years so instead of being in 3RD grade he was in 6Th grade.The had skipped him up a yeah when he first started so then they moved him up 3 levels when he was in third. I don't know how but Josh was Passing all his classes with perfect 100's and his Teachers at the middle school wanted to move him up a couple grades again.

"why do I have to Go to Middle school?" Josh asked.

"Because You're smart! Now go shower."I said.

"Ugh. Can't I just go back to my old school with friends my age?" He asked.

"Because you're SMART! just like your dad now go!" I said. He went to shower and I finished Getting ready. I buckled up the Twins in the Truck and We were just waiting for Josh.

"Hey what are you doing you should have left." Cameron said buckling Sutton into his car.

"Yeah Josh is Still inside! JOSH GET OUT HERE!" I yelled. He came running out with a comb and gel.

"I'm not finished getting ready." He said.

"Whatever we're late." I said. we got to the school and Josh helped me take my stuff up to the classroom.

"Hey Josh come on we have to go to practice." one of the 7th graders said.

"I don't play."josh said.

"but coach said you could practice with us."

"I'm gonna Go to tutoring." Josh said.

"alright."the student walked away.

"aw what a gentlemen I've never seen a student help a teacher." A sub said.

"he's my son." I said.

"oh ." we got up to the classroom and derick was there helping a student.

"how's aunt Micky?" Josh asked.

"She's good but she's sorry she missed your game."

"It's alright." Josh said.

"Thank you josh. Grandma candice is gonna pick you up." I said.

"Okay I'll see yall later." Josh left then I Started pulling my Laptop out.

"how's the baby coming along?" Derick asked.

"I don't really want to talk about it." I said.

"what happened?"

"Um well joaquin convinced me to take a pregnancy test I took it got my hopes up but I wasn't." I said.

"oh." The Bell rang and students started walking in. I started teaching and as I was talking I started to feel something come up my throat . I ran to the trash can and threw up.

"Eww!" All the students said.

"where's Briana?" Josh's teacher asked.

"what did you need?" Derick asked.

"he needs to talk to her." Derick let Josh in the classroom and the teacher left.

"What's that for not being pregnant?" derick wispered to me. when I finished throwing up I grabbed my stuff and my students started asking if I was pregnant. I walked out the room and put the trash can outside the class room.

"Sorry Andy." I said walking by andy one of the custodians.

"it's okay at least you made it in the trash." I started walking to the car and went to the drug store. I got to the drug store and bought as many pregnancy test they had in stock. I called Joaquin and he meet me at the house.

"aren't you supposed to be at work?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah um I'll go another day." I went to the room and Joaquin followed. I took all the test and only about 1 out of every 10 test were negative.

"I told you How many more positives do you have then negatives." Joaquin said.

"Shut up I'll see you later I have to talk to Cameron." I said. He left and I walked to the living room where Cameron was.

"What was all that about?" He asked.

"Can you call doctor lin?" I asked.

"Why we only need her when you're pregnant."

"I know."

"what! Really?" I nodded with the biggest grin on my face. He pulled me on to the couch with him and kissed me.

"I have to get back but can you throw away all the pregnancy test." I went back to the School and the third class had started. Derick was surprised I was back.

"you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said.

"then what was that this morning?" He asked.

"you were right." I said. He turned and walked away. Cameron texted my and doctor Lin said she could take me right when I get got out. I texted Joaquin and told him I wouldn't be there for practice.

After school Cameron and I went to the doctor and she examined me and told me how far I was she said I was 3 months and that I must have conceived in January. I was 3 months and due in august but I wouldn't be able to work with the guard till October. When we left I went to the school and I was there just in time for the practice.

"Are you going to tell them?" Joaquin asked.

"Yeah." They Whole guard walked in and they started practicing. "Girls I have to talk to y'all come sit over here."

"So most of y'all that have been here since I first started know on my first day I Was pregnant."

"Yeah" my junior and seniors said.

"Well I'm not going to be working with yall after the school year ends during the summer and all the way up until october joaquin will be in charge." I said.

"Why? and you can't visit?"

"I'll come visit but I'm leaving because I'm pregnant." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
school

Doctor

Let's see how this goes.