Status: Finally updated! Yay! Hope you enjoy. New chapted will be up soon! :)

Everything About You

3AM

“Hey Mia!” My heart skipped a beat at the way he said my name. “How are you?”

“I’m great thank you. How are you?”

“I’m really good, thanks. So, uh.. I was just calling about that date. Are you free tonight?” I looked around for Justin and he had disappeared.

“Yeah. What did you have in mind?” He had a smile in his voice when he replied.

“It’s a surprise.” I smiled and bit my lip while he continued. “So be ready by 5:30, okay?”

“Okay. Bye Connor. See you tonight.”

“See you tonight beautiful.” There was a pause on the end of the phone then the clicking of him hanging up.

“Going on a date tonight then?” Justin popped up from behind me making me jump. He had a slight bitterness in his voice.

“Yes. I am. I thought you would be happy. Happy that i’m finally moving on.” He grimaced as he replied.

“I am happy for you Mia. Absolutely thrilled.” He said with an extremely faked smile followed by a grimace.

“What the hell is wrong with you Justin?!” His head snapped up at my almost shout.

“My problem? I have no problem at all. I am just fine.” I gritted my teeth and stormed after him as he walked off.

I finally caught up to him as he stepped outside and spun him around to face me.

“Justin. You need to tell me what the hell your problem is. I am so sick of drama. My life is finally getting better after everything and you can’t be happy for me! I don’t...”

My rant was cut off by Justin’s lips pressed against mine; I used all of my strength to push him off.

“What the hell?! Justin! I thought we agreed that last night was nothing. What are you doing?”

He looked at the ground and his reply came out mumbled.

“Maybe I lied. Maybe I don’t want it to mean nothing. I like you, okay? I wasn’t even that drunk last night when I kissed you.”

My mouth fell open and I hit his shoulder. “No! No no no! Justin! You can’t like me. No, you only like me because you and Selena just broke up and you want to stop thinking about it.”

Justin grabbed my arm to stop me pacing back and forth. “No. That has nothing to do with it Mia. I liked you while I was with Selena and I thought, gosh, I hoped that the feelings would go away but they got worse the more time I spent with you.”

I sat down on a deck chair, my head in my hands. “Justin. I can’t do this. No. Please. I can’t handle this right now. I have to get ready for my date. I’m sorry... I just...”

I stood up and walked off.

---

I had a shower and did my make up and hair before attempting to pick out a cute outfit for my date with Connor. I smiled to myself; I was finally going on a date with a guy. I was moving on and I was happy doing it.

I still had feelings for Harry that would probably never go away but at the moment they were pushed to the back of my mind.

It took me a while to pick and outfit but I finally decided on a black skirt and a baby pink sleeveless button up shirt that had a collar and I had tucked it into the skirt. For shoes I wore a pair of black converse as I didn’t want to dress up too much.

I twirled in front of my mirror and I heard a low chuckle from behind me. I turned startled at the sight of Justin.

“You look be... great. You look really great.” His smile faded and he cleared his throat to clear the awkward tension in the air.

“Your date is waiting down stairs.” I bit my lip trying to hid my smile.

“Okay. Thanks. I’ll be down in a minute.”

Justin nodded and walked down stairs and I heard him start a conversation with Connor that from the tone of his voice sounded like it might get very awkward very quick.

I applied some red lipstick making a kissing face in the mirror at myself before grabbing my bag and practically running down the stairs.

“Connor!” His awkward posture straightened up and his almost frightened look disappeared as he saw me and he smiled eyeing me up and down.

“You look amazing.” I smiled kissing him on the cheek leaving a red lip mark.

“Oops.” I wiped it off of his face before turning to Justin.

“Okay. Well, I don’t know what time i’ll be home so if it’s late i’ll see you in the morning.”

Justin looked guilty, but it didn’t look sincere. “I actually won’t be here in the morning. I’m flying to Stratford to visit my family for a bit. So I guess I should say goodbye now.” He hugged me and I shot him an unimpressed look before heading out the door, Connor by my side.

---

We reached the outer part of the city and Connor’s car made a stop in front of a small vintage looking diner.

“Oh wow. Connor. This place is beautiful.” The place was an old looking, wooden building with waterfall trees surrounding it. Connected from tree to tree were strings of fairy lights - the big bulb ones - and the tables were black with the cutest seats surrounding them.

I stood out the front in awe when I felt Connor place his hand carefully on my lower back to guide me into the diner. Before we both walked in I noticed movement behind the bushes and a couple of paparazzi men were shooting photos.

I immediately walked in ahead of Connor and he shot me a strange look until he saw what had startled me.

“Never leave you alone?” I looked at him apologetically.

“I’m so sorry. Normally they don’t bother me a lot. I don’t understand why they’re snapping photos tonight.”

“They just want a story. ‘Mia’s new love interest.’” He laughed waving his hand across to gesture a news headline.

I must’ve still looked apologetic mixed with worry and he he laughed. “It’s okay Mia. I kind of like being your new mystery man.” He winked at me before we were guided to a table out side right in front of the trees.

One of the waitresses came along and placed a rose in the middle of our table along with a candle in a jar.

“Oh! Dinner by candle light. How romantic Connor!” I winked at him and I thought I saw him blush.

“I thought i’d make our first date special.” He smiled at me his teeth glowing in the candle light and his eyes brightened.

“So, how’d you find this place? It’s absolutely gorgeous. Definitely my kind of place.” I folded my hands, placed my elbows on the table and rested my chin on them.

“I uh... this is probably not the best thing to say on a first date but my ex told me about this place. Although, when I organized a date for us here she stood me up. Really awkward actually, but you didn’t need to know that last part.” He looked down embarrassed.

I automatically placed my hand on the back of his, rubbing it slightly with my thumb. “Aww. I’m sorry Connor. That really sucks.” He looked at ours hands and smiled.

“It’s okay. She was never really a good girlfriend anyway.”

---

Our conversation had been interrupted by the arrival of our food and we both tried a bit of each others.

I ordered a sundae and Connor insisted that we share it and when it came out I realised why; the thing was huge!

---

“I’m stuffed!” I said slightly pushing out my stomach and patting it. Connor laughed and I giggled nervously.

“Sorry. I’m not very lady like sometimes.” He smiled and bumped his shoulder against mine.

“It’s okay. I like it. That’s not weird is it?” I laughed.

“No. It’s good.”

We were walking along a footpath situated along side a beach and every so often I bumped my hand against Connor’s and I thought I felt him do it a couple of times as well.

Eventually he plucked up the courage to play with my fingers until he intwined his in mine.

I looked down and smiled when he spotted something.

“Ah! Finally! We’re at our next destination.” I followed his stare and as I saw what it was I had to stop myself from jumping up and down in excitement.

“Oh my gosh! I have heard about this place. I’ve always wanted to go here.” I gazed at the brightly lit pier with a small carnival situated on it.

“I thought you’d like it. C’mon.” He grabbed my hand tight and we ran towards it like two kids.

As soon as we got amongst it all I spotted the fairy floss. I think Connor spotted me eyeing it because he walked me towards it.

“Hi. Can I please get two bags of cotton candy?” The man in the truck handed him the bags as he exchanged it for the money Connor held out.

I giggled as we walked off and he looked at me confused. “What?” He smiled and popped a piece of fairy floss in his mouth.

“I forgot you guys called it ‘cotton candy.’ You see in Australia we call it fairy floss.” He nodded.

“Ahh.” He said simply, popping another piece in his mouth.

---

The rest of the night was spent wandering around, stopping to go on the ferris wheel. I had to say, the sight was beautiful. I wish I had my camera to capture a moment like this.

We were stopped on the top of the ferris wheel and Connor wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me into him.

At that moment he looked at me and smiled. “You’re so beautiful Mia.”

I bit my lip as he leaned into me and placed a long and romantic kiss on my lips.

---

When I arrived home that night I felt like I could fly. I was high on the adrenaline from the kiss. The night would have been absolute perfection if we weren’t being followed by the paparazzi but it was still one of the best dates I had had in a while.

I wandered up to my bedroom and got myself ready for bed. I left my windows open to let the summer breeze in and I smiled as it hit my skin.

The breeze reminded me that it was my 19th birthday in just over a month and I was so excited. I needed to plan something but I realised that I wouldn’t have the people that truly mattered to me there and my heart sunk.

Eventually I dozed off as the energy wore off and I lay on my side letting the breeze hit the bare skin on my back.

JUSTIN’S P.O.V

I was fuming from incident with Mia. I had told her how I felt thinking she felt the same only to be shut down.

The thought of her going out with another guy tonight made me uneasy and I sunk into the couch with a pout on my face.

I decided to head up to my bedroom to make a call to my family.

As I lay down on my bed sprawling my body across it I heard Mia’s singing come from the bathroom. I couldn’t help but smile even thought I was mad at her.

I picked up my phone and I dialed my Mum’s number.

“Hey sweetie. How are you? I miss you.” I smiled at the sound of my Mum’s voice.

“Hi Mum. I’m good but I miss you too. Which is why I was calling because I was planning on flying down to see everyone tomorrow.”

“That’s great! Everyone will be so happy to see you. Especially Ryan and Chaz. I think they miss their best friend. How long will it be for?”

I hadn’t thought about time. I pondered for a moment before answering. “3 weeks. I just need to be around my family and friends right now.”

“Oh, Justin. What happened?” Ah. Of course her motherly instinct caught the hint of sadness in my voice.

“I’ll tell you when I get there. I just thought i’d call and tell you what’s happening. I’m so excited to see you all. Don’t tell anyone else though. I want to surprise them all.”

“Okay Justin. I love you. See you soon.” She hung up the phone and I started packing my bag.

---

A couple of hours had passed and Mia hadn’t left her room once. I stayed sprawled on my bed watching the TV when I heard a faint knocking down stairs.

I jumped off the bed dragging my feet as I walked to let Connor in.

“Hi Justin!” I tried to smile as genuinely as I could.

“Hey Connor. I’ll let Mia know you’re here.” I shook his hand and walked back upstairs,

“Okay. Thank you.”

I walked into Mia’s room, leaning on the door frame as I watched her twirl in front of her mirror.

“You look be...” crap I can’t say beautiful. Quick! Think of something else to say. “Great. You look really great.” She smiled, shaking off her fright from my voice.

“Your date is waiting down stairs.” Her whole face lit up and she looked like she might have started bouncing up and down if I wasn’t still watching her.

“Okay. Thanks. I’ll be down in a minute.”

I turned and walked back down stairs to where Connor was. I looked him dead in the eyes when I spoke, “You hurt her, I will make sure you suffer. Okay? I will make you pay if you hurt my best friend. Got it?”

His face looked scared and he nodded like a child being scolded.

“I won’t.” He said and his voice cracked showing nerves.

I would have laughed but Mia bounded down stairs stopping next to Connor. She kissed him on the cheek and I looked away, rolling my eyes.

She turned to me and said goodbye. “Well, I don’t know what time i’ll be home so if it’s late i’ll see you in the morning.” She said going in for a hug when I stopped her.

I tried to look as genuinely guilty as I could. “I actually won’t be here in the morning. I’m flying to Stratford to visit my family for a bit. So I guess I should say goodbye now.” I hugged her and she shot me an irritated look before the door shut behind her.

---

I hadn’t heard Mia come in but as I woke up at 3am in the morning I walked past her room to see her spread across the bed and she was already fast asleep.

I made myself breakfast and got a drink and prepared myself for the flight that I had to be on in 2 hours. Even though Mia was home I felt awfully lonely.

I shook the feeling off and headed to the airport, leaving a note on the kitchen bench for Mia.

I simple wrote, “Dear Mia. See you in 3 weeks. Have fun. -Justin.”

As soon as I sat down on the airplane I fell asleep. I was so ready to see my family.