Status: Finally updated! Yay! Hope you enjoy. New chapted will be up soon! :)

Everything About You

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

HARRY’S P.O.V

The boys and I had been in the recording studio all day and we had all decided that it was time for us to get out for a bit and take a break.

The boys wanted to go clubbing to cool off from the long day but lately I hadn’t been in the mood for it.

I was still hung up on Mia, I was still madly and undeniably in love with her and I felt so miserable. I had been putting on a happy face for everyone and now that I was wandering the streets of LA alone I could finally let my guard down.

I had tried to go out with other girls and tried hook ups to keep my mind off of her, but I found myself comparing every girl I went out with Mia; trying to find any similarity I could but I just ended up making things worse. Hooking up never worked because it felt wrong and I never got any satisfaction from it.

I was almost back at the hotel when I felt a bit hungry and decided to stop by Starbucks ordering a hot chocolate and chocolate chip muffin.

As I was waiting for my drink to be ready I spotted a discarded magazine on the table with Mia’s face on it. I had expected to see her miserable but she had a smile on her face and her hand was intertwined with an unfamiliar face.

I felt a twinge of pain strike my chest and my shock was broken by the sound of my name being called out.

I thanked the friendly man behind the counter and walked into the hotel and heading up to my room.

As I got inside I kicked my shoes off and sat cross legged on the bed switching the TV on.

I stared at the people on the screen not really watching them.

I sat on the bed with my head down aimlessly picking apart my muffin. I took no notice of the time passing by until the boys entered the room loudly.

I didn’t look up at them, I simply wiped my eyes and stood up heading for the bin.

“Hey Harry! Man. You should have come out with us. Great night.” Louis put his arm sloppily around my shoulder and I could tell he was a bit intoxicated.

I was still upset but I managed a weak reply, “Wish I had’ve been there. Next time maybe.”

I maneuvered my way out of Louis’ arm and headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth and change.

I heard a loud shush from the other room and everyone shut up until there was an awkward silence hanging in the air.

I walked out of the bathroom only to notice the boys had left except Louis. He was staring directly at me with a serious expression.

I sat back on the bed and Louis sat next to me letting the silence linger a little longer.

“Okay mate. What’s wrong?” I looked up at him and I felt like I might start crying at any moment.

I took in a long, deep breath before replying. “She moved on Louis. I knew she would. She found someone else.”

“Aww mate. I’m sorry.” He went quiet and I could almost hear him thinking of what he should say. “Look, I know you don’t think so but you two will be together. If not now, then later down the track. That new guy she is with doesn’t even compare to you and well uh...”

I looked at him as he finished his sentence awkwardly. “What Louis? What does ‘uh...’ mean?”

“Don’t get mad at me.” He scrunched his face in a guilty expression. “I spoke to her the other day and she was with him.”

“Really? Wow. What did you talk about?”

“I asked her how she was doing. She said she was ‘okay.’ Last time I check ‘okay’ wasn’t GREAT or absolutely fantastic.”

I took in a deep breath, a little bit of hope growing inside of me. “What else?”

“She really misses you Harry. She spoke very quickly about shopping for her birthday party before jumping straight to asking how you were. She feels terrible, but she hopes that you’re happy.”

I scoffed. “Happy. I’m miserable.”

“I know Harry. You just need to have faith. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait, remember that.”

I nodded and hugged him before he loudly announced he had to pee. I laughed at the way he ran off to the bathroom; he was practically doing the ‘I need to pee’ dance while running.

---

I hadn’t heard Louis get up but as I looked toward the kitchen area he was already up on the phone to someone. “Alright. I’ll make sure the boys and I are there. Bye.”

I groaned and turned myself on my side to look in his direction. “Who was that?” I put my hands up to shield the sunlight coming through the windows.

“Oh... um... Mia.” He didn’t look at me as he replied.

“What did she want?” I asked trying to sound casual.

“She’s invited us to her birthday party next week.” I frowned.

“I promised we’d be there. It’ll be good for you to see each other again. Just because you broke up doesn’t mean you can’t still try and be friends.”

“Fine. Will her new beau be there?” I asked sarcastically.

“Actually, no. Apparently he has something else on but Mia said she thinks it’s because he can’t handle all of the attention that will be on them with the paparazzi and all of her famous friends.”

“Doesn’t sound like a good boyfriend. What about Justin?” Louis finally looked up at me.

“They got into a fight. He’s up in Canada with his family so he won’t make it.”

“Oh. That’s not good. What’s the dress code?”

“Formal and masquerade. Finally we can get dressed up all fancy again.” I laughed as Louis pulled a snobby posh person expression.

“Alright mate. I have to go tell the other boys but you need to get up and get ready. We have a signing today.” I groaned and flopped back on my bed.

Louis laughed and ripped the covers off of me. “Seriously. Get up! There’s coffee or tea over there for you to have to wake yourself up.”

---

That morning I had made a pathetic effort to get ready as I practically dragged my feet everywhere.

We were standing behind the screen hidden with security around us as the screaming started. I could see the boys slightly rubbing their temples and I was thankful that I hadn’t gone out partying.

We followed our usual routine of walking to the front of the stage waving out to the sea of screaming girls before forming a line and walking to our seats in an orderly fashion.

The girls filed through some crying, some hyperventilating and one girl fainting as Zayn touched her hand.

I had to admit I tried hiding my laugh but Niall couldn’t hold his and let out an outburst of laughing.

I was still giggling and signing girls stuff as Niall tried to calm himself down and the girl was carried away.

I always felt really energetic and happy during these signings and I was so happy to be able to give back to the fans. The always made me feel happy and I loved my job mostly because of them.

The line finally came to an end after almost an hour and I had a cramp in my hand.

The boys and I made a quick escape to the back when I ran into someone, knocking us both to the ground.

As soon as I saw who it was my heart felt like it might burst out of my chest.

“Mia. Hi.” She smiled at me awkwardly.

“Hey. Harry.” She spoke in pauses and I realised why. “You’re. Crushing. My. Chest.”

“Oh crap. I’m sorry.” She had never made me this nervous before. I stood up and held out my hand to help her and this scene began to feel all to familiar.

My mind flashed back to our 16 year old selves in that exact position when we first met.

The boys were all standing behind me giggling and I managed to elbow Louis in the chest who just smirked at me. He gestured something at the boys and they all sat in the van patiently waiting for me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her trying to keep my voice steady.

“I was meeting my um... boyfriend here but he just called and told me he couldn’t make it anymore. Pathetic really. He’s done this to me way too much lately. We’ve been going out for 3 weeks and he already can’t handle the pressure of being the boyfriend of someone famous. It really just pisses....” She looked up at me apologetically.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be dumping this on you.” She looked down and quickly perked up as her train of thought changed.

“Oh. Here.” She pulled a fancy invite out of her bag and handed it to me. It was addressed to all of us. “A formal invite. I called Louis but I also had a proper one for you guys because you need it to get in. Invite only party.” She smiled at me.

“We will most definitely be there.” I returned the smile and I felt butterflies in my stomach. This was nice.

“You look good Harry.” I laughed.

“Probably look better than I feel.” Oh crap. Think before you speak, idiot! “Uh..” I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

“You look good too Mia.” She laughed at the awkwardness.

“Same with me. I don’t feel as good as I come off.” Paul walked over to me and told me that we needed to go and I was sort of annoyed. Thankfully I had her party to catch up with her.

“Bye Mia. It was nice seeing you.”

“Bye Harry. It was good seeing you. Looking forward to having you at my party with me.” She waved at me and as she turned around to head back she froze and the cameras poking around the corner.

I heard her cuss quietly as she headed into the store which I had guessed wasn’t the direction she originally planned.

In the car trip back to the hotel the boys and I planned a shopping trip for the next day to buy a present for Mia.

I had a sinking feeling in my chest as I thought about the ring I had stuffed in my draws back in England. I guess I would have to find another special occasion to propose, if we ever got back together.

---

The next morning was a mess trying to find a good gift for Mia. None of the boys had any clue what to get her until we spotted something absolutely perfect for her.

“Guys! LOOK! Mia has always wanted one of those!”

“A polaroid camera??”

“Yeah. When we were together she said she loved the look of the photos that came out of them. I think we should get it for her.”

The boys all agreed. We had to ask the person behind the counter to wrap it was were absolutely horrible at wrapping gifts.

I remember once for my birthday Louis bought me a present and he did the most horrific job at wrapping it. I laughed so hard that day.

“Guess we’re all set then.” I said as we all walked out of the shop.

“Not quite.” Liam said, looking frustrated.

“We need to get suits. We didn’t pack any.”

“Damn!” Niall said. He hated getting fitted for suits because he was so fidgety and he always ended up being scolded by Daddy Direction. The other boys and I found it hilarious!

We made our way to the suit shop after being mobbed by a bunch of screaming fan girls and as usual Niall was scolded because he was complaining and moving around to much.

Louis and I were trying to hide our laughter and Liam smacked us both over the back of the head.

---

The suit fitting took longer than planned so the boys and I decided we would head out to dinner instead of heading back to the hotel.

“What about this place? This looks good.” Louis pointed out a small restaurant with only a number of people in it. We had to be careful where we ate sometimes because a lot of the times we were interrupted during our meals in larger and busier places.

I stepped in first and headed up to the front. “Table for 5 please.”

I heard Liam and Niall whispering behind me and it wasn’t until I turned my head that I noticed Mia getting up to leave and she looked like she was about to cry. I didn’t need to ask her what happened to know what was wrong; Connor.

I didn’t even know the guy but from what I was hearing and seeing he wasn’t a very nice person. Mia deserved someone better.

I turned back to the person guiding us to our seat, “actually can we please get a table for 6?” The lady nodded and guided us to our table.

As the boys kept following the lady I stopped and tapped Mia’s shoulder as she turned to grab her bag off of the table.

She jumped at the sight of me and wiped under her eyes careful.

“Oh, hey Harry. Long time no see.” She joked and her face dropped shortly after.

“Are you okay?” She looked straight up at me and I saw her bottom lip start trembling.

She didn’t speak and I answered for her. “Connor?”

She nodded and looked at the floor.

“I know he’s your boyfriend Mia but he really doesn’t sound like a nice guy. You deserve someone who treats you better than him. He knew who you were when he started courting you and he shouldn’t have started something he couldn’t handle. The jerk.” I heard her sniffle and as she looked at me I almost expected her to scold me for bad mouthing her new boyfriend.

She put her arms up in preparation for a hug but she hesitated and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders letting her hid her face in my chest for a bit.

I took in a long breath and caught her scent. She still smelt the same as I remembered. She had a floral, musky scent to her and it was an unusual combination but it worked on her.

She pulled away and she was about to say goodbye when I jumped in.

“Hey, we have an extra seat on our table. Do you want to join us? The boys really miss you and it would be good to catch up.”

She smiled and nodded. “Thank you for being so kind Harry. I don’t deserve it after what I did to you.”

“Mia. I love you. You love me. You did what you felt was best for us and now that I think about it time apart has been good for us.” I smiled at her and I saw her crack a smile as helped her into the booth section of our table.

“Hey boys! How are you all? I’ve missed you all so much. I’m sorry I haven’t tried calling or whatever I just... I felt like you would all hate me. That and I have been stuck in a recording studio the past couple of months.” She looked guilty and the boys all perked up.

“Don’t be stupid Mia. We could never hate you. You’re family to us.” Niall said in a cheerful voice making Mia smile.

“I’m glad. How has everything been for you boys?” I wasn’t focusing on anything the boys or Mia were saying as all I could focus on was Mia’s leg touching mine and her shoulder that was pressed slightly to mine. I looked at Louis who was looking at our arms touching and he smirked before adding onto the conversation.

I had no idea if this physical contact was on purpose so I gently pressed my shoulder and forearm closer to hers. I looked at her face that was half concentrated on the boys and half concentrated on me. I noticed the sides of her mouth go up in a smile as I made the move and she bit her lip; I assumed she knew I was watching her.

“Anyway! Enough about us Mia,” said Louis. “How are you doing? How is life as a singer going for you?”

“Oh um... well. Good. Really good actually. I finished my album and it’s being released next month. Scooter is working really hard to get it finished because he wants it out before I open up for a group touring soon. You know, so people know who I am. I actually already have a song on the radio already and people love it, surprisingly. I didn’t know people would like my stuff that much.” She looked up at all the boys and I who were all listening carefully, hanging on everything she said.

She looked down at her plate and I saw her blush. “Sorry. I’m rambling.”

“No, it’s great hearing about how you’re going?” Zayn chimed in before continuing. “Do you know the group you’re opening up for yet?” He turned to the rest of the group. “Wouldn’t it be cool if it was us? I mean, we’re going on tour for our new album that’s out next month as well soon.”

She tilted her head to the side. “Well, Scooter did mention something about a boy group but that’s all he said because wasn’t quite sure. I would love that though. Get to spend time with my favourite people ever.”

Our food came and Mia’s phone started ringing and I saw her face drop as she saw the name; ‘Connor.’

“Excuse me guys. I have to take this really quick. Start without me.” She walked outside and she didn’t look happy.

I took a glance outside from the corner of my eye every so often and she looked frustrated and upset.

I heard the boys whispering in a curious manner as I turned and saw Mia take in a deep breath. I knew she was upset because she did that when she didn’t want to cry.

“Hey sweetie. Are you okay?” Zayn asked as she sat down and as she did she pressed her shoulder to mine, closer than before.

“Um... no. That was Connor.” She paused for a minute biting the inside of her cheek. “That bastard. He has the nerve to break up with me over the phone and then still ask if he is still wanted at my birthday party.” She scoffed.

“What did you say to him?” I asked hoping her kindness didn’t make the wrong decision.

“I told him hello no! I don’t want to see that assholes face ever again.” She calmed down and put her fork down after stabbing at her food a couple of times.

She shrugged her shoulders and half smiled. “I don’t really care. I mean, I liked him but I never thought it was going to work out for long. I can tell you one thing though, me and him, we are never ever getting back together.”

She looked at all the boys who were just staring at her and she tried to break the awkward tension. “Anyway. I don’t want to kill the mood with my never ending drama so i’m just going to eat and let you all talk.”

She was caught off guard for a moment when I grabbed her hand that was placed on her knee under the table and she smiled and squeezed. She mouthed ‘thank you’ to me and went on with eating her food.

The hope I had for us getting back together was growing stronger and stronger and even if we didn’t get back together now or in a week, I was happy to know the feelings we had for each other were still mutual.