Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Ohio Valley Wrestling

(Kay's POV)

The buses pulled over in Louisville, Kentucky. We were going to rest and hang out before sleeping for the night. Tomorrow we were heading to the field where the Gathering was going to be held the next morning after that. CKY's set was the next night at 6pm so once we set up our camp, we were going to enjoy the rest of the day by seeing who would pass out drunk first.

The Girl Bus was in full on party mode. Kesha blared from the speakers while we danced our asses off. Knowing that Bam would want this as footage for VLB, we made Beth pick up the camera and film us since she wanted no part of the show. She said she didn't need people harassing her at the Note too.

I was drinking from my Jack bottle and dancing when Aimee grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of the lens of the camera.

“What the-”

“Shhh...” Aimee said until we were in the bunk area alone. Once she was sure we wouldn't be overheard, she whispered, “We're in Kentucky, Kay. Do you know what that means?”

I thought about it for a moment, but the Jack was making my brain fuzzy. “Uh... drinking?”

“OVW! The only wrestling show we have truly wanted to see in person... and they have a show tonight!” Aimee's eyes glittered with such enthusiasm I couldn't help but smile. “We need to go!”

Hearing the shouts from Clubby and the returning giggles of the other girls, I frowned slightly. “The guys are in the other bus, Ames. How do you expect us to escape without being noticed?”

“I've already thought about that. We're supposed to meet for dinner around seven. That's when the show is. I was thinking about sending the other girls ahead of us and then commandeer the bus and go to the match instead.”

“I see you've been plotting behind my back.” I said with a smirk. “If we're going to wrestling, we need to bring Car with us. She loves it.”

Aimee nodded her agreement, but we spoke no more on the subject. We dressed a few hours later in comfy, but pretty outfits. Keeping up the appearance that we were joining everyone for dinner, we sent Apple, Kelly, Beth and Clubby away while the three of us pretended we had some last minute things to get done before we'd join them. Once we were sure they were gone, I pulled off the sequined shirt and black pencil skirt I had tossed on for dinner and replaced it with my wrestling worthy outfit. High-waisted black shorts, a black Gun N' Roses tank with my red and white black flannel shirt covering it, but opened so you could see the tank and a pair of canvas sneakers to complete the outfit. My hair was pulled into a messy ponytail so I didn't have to worry about it.

I joined the other two in the living area: Carina in her favorite tye-dyed muscle tee with a pair of ripped jeans, studded flats and her long blonde hair braided down her back; Aimee in a pair of white shredded leggings, a long 69 Eyes tank top that I suspected was Bam's at one point and her gold gladiator sandals. Her burgundy hair was straightened and pulled halfway back. We grabbed our money and ID's and were about to pull the bus out of the lot when the door opened.

I spun around to see who the intruder was. Clubby was standing on the stairs with her arms crossed over her chest. It seemed that she wasn't particularly happy to see us all changed into different clothes.

“Heather-” Ames began as if to explain, but Clubby held a hand up to silence her.

“Enough!” She said loudly. When no one said a word, she glanced at each of us in turn. “What are we waiting for? We have a wrestling show to see!”

“You knew?” I asked in shock, not sure whether this was a good thing or not.

“Please. As if you could hide something like this from me. I know you, remember?” Clubby asked as she made her way to the bus driver's seat. “So what's the address to this place?”

The show was wonderful. Most people in line were rednecks or way hardcore wrestling fans that most of them didn't even give us a second glance. I was sure most of them had never seen VLB in their lives. It was a nice change of pace and I was definitely going to enjoy the time we had to ourselves. I knew once we were at the Gathering that would change.

Aimee had turned off her cell the moment Bam had tried to contact her and the rest of us did the same. We didn't need the guys to ruin our 'girl' time. An hour passed until it happened. Bam sat down next to Aimee and tossed an arm over her shoulder. While the rest of the group settled into the empty seats around us, the jackass sent his girlfriend a smirk.

“How the fuck did you find us?” Aimee asked as she glanced at the group surrounding her. “Do you have GPS on my phone or something?”

“You hijacked a tour bus, babe. How else do you think we found you?” Bam chuckled before giving his girl a kiss. “Let's enjoy the show since you were so set on ditching me for men in spandex.”

I rolled my eyes at Bam's comment. That's when I noticed Chad was watching me instead of the entertainment in front of us. I sent him a small smile before looking back to watch as Jamin Olivencia body slammed Chris Silvio into the mat.

I really hoped that Carina knew what she was doing with her plan involving Chad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry we've been kind of here and there with this story. I feel bad for leaving everyone hanging on some points, but no one ever comments so I have no clue as to how many people actually still read this. I'm trying hard to keep positive, but I'm thinking of not writing for this site anymore. It's not like I'm ungrateful to those who have commented, but when I put so much time and work into a story and no one has anything to say about it, it makes me lose hope that it's even worth it. With that being said, this story is not going to end at chapter 300 like Amie and I originally planned. Instead, we are ending it around chapter 150. Thank you for reading, but we aren't inspired anymore. We will be posting our last bunch of chapters and then I'm done with Mibba.