Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

I'm Doing What Now?

(Aimee's POV)

Dreaming of Heather being a sane person, I felt content. Nothing could bother me at that moment. She was actually dressed in completely normal clothing, talking properly and-

“WAKE UP!” The sound of Bam's voice echoed in my ears. “I'm going to LA today.”

Pulling the blanket up higher, I sealed my eyes shut as tight as I could get them. Maybe the normal Heather would come back. “Congratulations. Isn't Jess dropping you off?”

“He'll be here in an hour to pick us up.” Please tell me I heard him wrong. “I packed for you.”

Why?

***

“So why are we here again?” I asked as the elevator took us up to the fourth floor. The hotel's lobby had been empty yet Bam had still pulled me through quickly.

As the doors opened, I lifted my bag onto my shoulder and followed my boyfriend out into the hallway. “I have a tattoo appointment.”

“There are like two shops right in town at home.” Tugging my bag along, I rubbed my left temple. It was Valentine's Day and I had been dragged onto a plane, into a taxi, through a lobby, and had no clear idea why. Then again I didn't even know it was Valentine's until we passed a bum-like dude selling red flowers on a corner on the way to the hotel.

Reaching our room, Bam placed the card into the slot and quickly removed it. Walking inside, I looked around. It was a king sized suite complete with a mini-kitchen. “Why did you book such a big room?” My bag landed on the counter as I moved to the mini-fridge. “Thought you said we leave in two days?”

“We are.” Arms wrapped around my waist only to land on my hip bones before pulling me backwards against him. “But this was the only room available.”

I didn't believe him at all, but instead of dragging out a debate I nodded. “So what are we doing tonight?”

The club Bam had selected for the night was over packed. A huge line seemed to completely wrap around the building. Not being one for a club setting, I nervously glanced at other people waiting as Bam dragged me in. It was one of the rare times I had opted for wearing a dress, a black and silver form-fitting one accompanied by a pair of silver heels. “Stop pulling!” I yelled in his ear as I tugged the short skirt down.

And Abbey told me it was an adorable dress. “I want to get in before the cameras catch up.”

With how distracted I had been, I somehow didn't spot the three men following us down the block with cameras. “Keep pulling!!” I had been so spoiled by people being used to Bam in West Chester that I forgot that something like this could happen. Somehow the fact that I was dating a Jackass and pro-skater had slipped my mind.

The bouncer had let us right in and the first place we headed was the bar, mainly because I spotted it and ran towards it as fast as I could. “I was hoping we could go out without the drama of worrying about running into people.”

I tried so hard not to laugh at him and failed. “Obviously you don't get that choice anymore.”

“But it wasn't me the people were staring at.” Being smirked at, I should have known something bad was going to happen.

A tap fell on my shoulder and my first instinct wasn't completely legal. Turning on my heels, I came face to face with a barely of age boy with a good three or four flanking him. “I'm sorry, but are you Ames from Viva La Bam?”

Looking back to my boyfriend, I felt my jaw drop. Why were they not bothering him? “Dude, she has the same tattoos.” Turning back around, I saw a look in the one kid's eye that scared the shit out of me.

“Here's your drink babe.” Bam placed the glass onto my back causing me to almost jump. “We are here to have fun tonight.” He addressed the guys who finally seemed to realize who he was. “How about you guys go have some fun out there?” Motioning towards the VIP section, I followed his eyes and felt relieved. The night had continued with no interruptions, yet still seemed a little dull only because it wasn't really my kind of place.

Walking back to the hotel, Bam held onto my hand as we walked side by side. “Was it me or did that place seem dull?”

“And then some.” I admitted quickly. Along with the music being weird, the drinks were extremely watered down. “Why do I think you have something else planned?”

Walking further along, he pointed at a building that had live music pouring out of it. “Because I do.” Getting closer to the bar, I saw a woman waiting for us. “Kat- this is Ames. Ames- meet my tattoo artist.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Kay updating for Ames. Thanks for reading!