Status: In The Making

Jasey 'Boner' Rae

My Rock

“SON!,” Mrs Barakat screeched as she ran past me to hug her son “How was tour? Have you been washing?” she asked sternly smelling her son slightly and wrinkling her nose a little.
“Yes mom,” Jack answered looking a little embarrassed, I had to stifle my giggles at this “and tour was fucking awesome!,” he beamed.
“Well that’s good, you look skinny,” Mrs Barakat observed “doesn’t he look skinnier than usual Rae?,” the friendly woman questioned looking over at me for my opinion.
“Nothing a few of your famous pancakes won’t sort out,” I smiled.
“Good idea hunnie!,” Mrs Barakat beamed “I’ll go and make you them now!,” she ranted whilst hugging her son and running off towards the kitchen.
“Hey Mrs B,” I called after her “my jeans are feeling a little loose, I think I’ve lost weight, any chance of some pancakes for your favourite growing girl?,”.
“Off course darling, you didn’t think I would leave you out did you?,” Mrs B called out chuckling.
“Nope, just making sure,” I laughed. Jack was now laughing slightly as well.
“What?,” I asked mock innocence.
“You haven’t lost weight, you’ve gained it,” Jack smirked grabbing his suitcase and running upstairs knowing I was going to get him for that.
“HEY YOU CAN RUN BOOBS BUT YOU CAN’T HIDE,” I screeched taking off after him.
Running up the stairs taking them two at a time I could hear Mrs B laughing from the kitchen downstairs obviously happy nothing had changed since her son went on tour, I smiled to myself as I banged Jacks door that I knew he was currently standing up against so that I couldn’t get in. It was good to know he hadn’t changed at all.
“Let me in,” I called pounding my fists on the door,
“What the hells going on?,” a confused voice from behind me asked sleepily.
“Oh hey Joe, nothing, your stupid pig of a brother called me fat again so now I’m trying to get in to give him hell,” I laughed.
“Oh he did, did he,?” Joe asked raising and eyebrow “okay, step aside“.
I moved out of the way and watched as Joe effortlessly opened Jack’s bedroom door and ran inside to pin his brother to the floor.
“Okay Rae, fire away!,” Joe laughed as he had Jack on the ground unable to move.
I laughed to myself and ran over deciding I would do the one thing Jack hates more than anything in the world. Tickle him. After about fifteen minutes of Jacks screaming like a little girl and repeating over and over again that I wasn’t in fact fat I let him off the hook and got up. Joe released a now tomato red and panting Jack who just lay on the floor trying to catch his breath.
“He gives you any more grief let me know,” Joe smirked raising his hand as he walked out.
“Will do,” I smiled high fiving him as he passed.
“Oh and by the way its good to have you back lil bro,” Joe laughed as Jack casually flipped him off.

Two hours later after being fed more pancakes than anyone should ever consume in a lifetime never mind in one morning Jack and I were sprawled out on my bed watching ‘Beetlejuice’. I was cuddled into his side and he had his face snuggled into my hair. If anyone who didn’t know us walked in right now they’d think we were a couple. We weren’t though, not now, not before and certainly not ever. We were just the closest friends in the world. Of course I had a huge crush on him, well more like I was completely in love with him. But he didn’t see me like that unfortunately, and even if he had off once, he certainly doesn’t after I dated Alex. Sighing to myself as I remembered myself and Alex’s relationship. I had once believed I was in love with him, looking back now however I am highly aware I was young and naïve, it was more infatuation than love. He broke my heart regardless of whether our love was real or not though. The night he had left me after we had sex for the first time, the night of our prom. I would never forget that night, not because my heart ached so much, not because I was crushed that Alex would be that insensitive but because that was the night I realised I was in fact in love with Jack. I remember running straight to him unable to speak through my tears as the aftermath of Alex just getting up, getting dressed and walking out on me while I lay there at my most vulnerable was fresh on my mind.

*Flashback*
I had run out of the motel room Alex and I had gotten, we had ditched prom early and as I was running home I realised prom was still happening. I picked up my pace wanting to make it home before everyone began to stumble home with their dates, most of them probably about to do what Alex and I had just did. The thought made me sick, why had I been so stupid? Why had I given it up to a guy I knew would hurt me in the end? I mean I loved him to bits, he was one of my best friends before we started dating, but I watched him sleep around for three years, you’d think I’d have had a little more sense. I finally made it to my street, instead of going to my own door where my mum would demand to know what happened I took a detour up my neighbours path and crashed my fists onto his door. Tears were streaming down my face, my make up was everywhere and my hair had fallen out of the up do it was in. I looked a mess, a wreck. After five minutes of knocking constantly I realised no one was home, Jack must still be at prom and his Mum was away this weekend. I collapsed onto his porch decking in a ball as my sobbing began to get out of control. I attempted to hoist myself up but it wouldn’t work, I settled for bring my legs into my chest and hugging them as close to my body as I could. I didn’t care that my beautiful pale blue dress was probably destroyed. I didn’t care that I would have blisters on my feet tomorrow as I had left my shoes in the motel room and ran here barefoot. I didn’t care about any of it, I just wanted my rock. I began to sob harder as the realisation of him bringing his date home tonight hit me, of course he would bring Sophie back, his mum was away after all. I began to get up to disappear because I didn’t want to ruin his night when I heard someone running towards me calling my name in concern. Looking up I saw the one person that could pick me up and piece me back together, there running towards me was my rock, my Jack.
“RAE,” he called out worry flooding from his voice. He collapsed onto the porch beside me and wrapped his protective arms around my small fragile frame. I began to sob even harder into his chest as he stroked my back and murmured comforting words to me.
“You’re frozen,” he stated, his voice dripping with worry and he moved away from me briefly to remove his jacket. I temporarily missed his arms around me but I was soon at ease as he wrapped his jacket around my shoulders and hugged me against his body again letting me cry into dove white shirt that would no doubt be destroyed thanks to my dripping mascara. He didn’t care, he just wanted me save at that moment. He just wanted to fix me and I realised at that moment he was the only one who could. In a way he had already made everything better simply by being here with me tonight.
“S-s-sorry I’m ruining your p-prom night,” I choked out.
“Shh,” he cooed in my ear “you’re not ruining a thing baby girl, now tell me what happened, have you and Alex broke up?,” he asked sadly whilst he began stroking my hair. He always did this when I was crying, he knew it calmed me down.
“He just l-left,” I stuttered shaking slightly as a new set of sobs were threatening to pour out.
“Left where? Prom?,” Jack questioned confused.
“N-no, we had, we- we did…,” I stuttered as the sobs escaped and took my breath away whilst I began to cry uncontrollably again. I felt Jack stiffen beside me, he had obviously heard enough to understand.
“Y-you two had sex?,” he asked barely above a whisper. I just nodded into his chest and cried even harder.
“And that dickhead just left you after?,” Jack asked his voice displaying sheer anger.
“I know, I’m s-so stupid,” I cried thinking Jack was mad at me.
“Jasey Rae Stewart,” Jack said sternly using my full name, he only ever did this to get a point across, I flinched slightly at his use of it as I thought he was about to tell me how silly I was “look at me,” he urged. I looked up with tears flowing from my eye’s and I thought I saw a trace of tears in his eyes as well but that could have just been the my own as he cupped my face in his hands. He looked me straight in the eyes and spoke in the most sincere tone anyone had ever used when speaking to me “Don’t you ever, under any circumstances call yourself stupid or even for a second allow yourself to believe this is anyway your fault,”.
“But-,” I was about to protest.
“No buts, this is all Gaskarth’s doing and I will fucking kill him when I get my hands on him,” Jack dropped his hands from my face and pulled me back into an embrace.
“Jack I don’t want you and Alex to fall out over this, over me,” I whispered.
“Rae, he hurt my best girl, I’m going to hurt him,” he stated.
“No Jack, I won’t be falling out with Alex and neither will you, we’re all best friends, this mess doesn’t change that, at least not for me,” I said honestly. I knew I could forgive Alex for what he did, he was one of my closest friends and I knew that if I forgave him, Jack would too, and that’s why I decided at that moment I would never hold this against Alex. I refused to allow him and Jack to fall out.
“We’ll work it out,” Jack said reassuringly as he stroked my hair.
*End Flashback*

Glancing over at Jack I realised he had fallen asleep on my chest, his breathing was heavy and steady and his arm was flung lazily over my abdomen. I smiled to myself, I had missed this so much over the past few months, I really hated not being around him 24/7. I was definitely taking my old job as merch girl back because I wanted days like this all of the time, not just when my best friends were visiting in between touring. I couldn’t wait to see the rest of the guys properly tomorrow, but for now I was enjoying my time with Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, updating 'That Girl' tomorrow for anybody who is reading that as well as this. Comment's would be just lovely if you're reading this so pretty pretty PLEASE drop me one. ALSO i have an idea for a fanfic about the beautifully sexy John Ohhh from The Maine if anyone would be interested reading it? Well let me know :D

As always much love to you all!

xxx