Status: ACTIVE (:

Let Go.

Confrontation.

I looked up at the creamy white ceiling as I woke up. I was up before Travis, which was unusual. Travis looked peaceful in his sleep his mouth slightly open and his arms tucked beneath his body. But as I saw my phone I grimaced I was not looking forward to necessary calls I had to make. I got up as quietly as I could wearing nothing but his flannel and some lacey white boy shorts I changed into before I went to bed the night before.
I quietly walked to the window seat to sit. I looked out to the view wishing I had a book or my camera. I missed those things already. I got up going to the beautiful kitchen, finding the nicest hotel coffee sitting on the counter next to the coffee maker. I made the coffee silently trying to avoid stressful thoughts but I had so many, this wasn’t casual for me like it was for Travis, I couldn't just blow away all of my worries and have fun. I had to get rid of at least some of my issues in order for me to relax. I rested against the counter after finding a coffee mug. I poured a cup headed back to the window seat just sitting in the pure silence with all of my thoughts and a beautiful surrounding. Travis finally stirred away near the end of my second cup of coffee.

“Morning you.” I smiled and got up hugging him.
“Coffee?” he asked without hesitation. I pointed in the direction of the kitchen and smiled sitting back in my comfortable seat. He came back and sipped his coffee a few times before talking to me.
“So what are we doing today?” he asked me.
“I need to call my mom and Luna.” I bit my lip sipping on my coffee to burn the names off my tongue.
“I'm going to call and see when I am getting my car.” He yawned picking up his cell phone and handing me mine. I got up to suit in the lounge area.
I sat against the comfortable leather dialing Luna first who had left me with three missed calls. I nervously bit the inside of my cheek. She picked up on the second ring.
“Where are you?” Luna asked, she sounded annoyed.
“California.” I answered her after a pause.
“What the hell, why?” She asked clearly surprised.
“Just everything, it all got to me, Luna, I had to just leave.” I answered myself and her.
“Well you know you’re probably fired right?” she asked after a few minutes of silence, like she was processing everything.
“Yeah I know.” I sounded careless this and I really think I was.
Luna hung up right after I answered her, saying she had customers. I held my phone in my hands knowing I needed to call my mom; she had already called six times. I took a deep breath and dialed the horrible looking number,
“Emma where are you!?” she demanded not so much worry more anger than anything.
“I'm uh I left.” I stuttered barely getting out the words like they were stuck to my tongue.
“Left? Left where?” she sounded as if what I had said was preposterous.
“Yeah on a plane, I just can’t deal with you.” I answered in a different way then she thought I would.
“Where are you?” She asked again this time lowering her voice.
“Does it even matter? Mom, I am not home, look I am not sorry about what I said last night, I am who I am I'm not changing and you can’t change me I'm done hearing about how I am such a disappointment.” I explained carefully and slow.
“Emma, you are one, you flaked out on your work and ran.” She mocked me.
“There are other things, besides working.” I added lowly.
“You are not welcome around me anymore.” she spoke cold and hard. Hitting me hard. I didn’t cry. I was too tired to me sad. I was exasperated about the whole situation. I sighed and walked into the room hearing Travis hand up with the people bring him his car.
“It’ll be here at three.” He smiled like a little kid, on Christmas.
“What do you want to do?” I asked him as I walked into the living room with him in tow. He opened up a door leading to a balcony.
“I don’t care, how was your calls?” Travis asked leaning against the white balcony overlooking the same scenery as the window in the bedroom.
“Well, my mom kicked me out and I am probably losing my job.” I stated without much feeling.
“It’ll be okay Em.” He pulled me into a hug. He smelt the same as usual.
“I hope so.” I said truthfully into his skin. He wasn't wearing a shirt, just his jeans from the night before.
“Let’s go get some clothes for us.” He smiled and lit a cigarette he fished out of his tight pockets
“Okay but I'm super thirsty.” I complained.
“Go order room service I don’t want anything.” He yawned and lit his cigarette breathing it in.
I picked up the phone next to the bed.
“Room service?” The woman answered.
“Hi, I'm in room well uh I don’t know the number...” I stuttered feeling really stupid.
“What's your last name?” the woman asked cheerfully. I glanced at the clock ten a.m.
“Williams.” I spoke quickly.
“Right the top floor deluxe, what is it you’d like?” she asked with a smile on her face, I couldn't see her but I knew she had one on.
“A mimosa.” I said thinking about how I needed it.
“Okay we will have that right up for you.” She hung up merrily.
I hung up the phone and sat on the couches where Travis had sprawled himself on.
“Did you get something to drink?” he asked flipping through channels on the TV mounted in front of us.
I didn't answer him just kissed him lightly on the lips.
“Well is that all it takes, just asking if you got a drink?” Travis smiled.
“I need a toothbrush.” I frowned at my bad morning breath.
“We can get that later.” He nodded as I went into the bedroom to put back on the clothes from the day before.
I heard a knock on the door, probably my drink.
“Hello, room service, for Mrs. Williams.” The woman was the same one who I talked to.
“Yeah she’s uh in the bedroom, I’ll take it, bill it to my card.” Travis spoke slowly.
“I need to see ID?” The woman asked.
“Fuck I’ll be right back.” He told her coming in as I pulled me dress on.
“I see you ordered alcohol.” He smirked grabbing his ID out of his wallet.
I smiled sheepishly as he went back to the door getting my drink.
“Here Mrs. Williams.” Travis sarcastically said, handing me my drink. The champagne glass was heavy.
“Will you zip my dress?” I asked him taking a sip of my drink.
“No.” he smirked coming behind me and kissing my shoulder.
“Let’s just lay in bed all day.” He spoke happily.
“No, clothes.” I reminded him.
“Later.” He begged.
“No.” I didn’t budge.
“Fine.” He pouted zipping up my dress reluctantly.
“Okay let’s go.” I downed the whole orange juice flavored drink.
“Okay.” Travis agreed smiling.
We got a taxi and drove into horrible traffic until we made it to rodeo dr.
“You have your phone?” he asked as we started walking.
“Yes, why?” I asked confused.
“Call me, when you are ready to buy something, I really want to go look at a few places.” Travis said smiling.
“Okay fine, I’ll call.” I agreed and headed into the stores.
The shops were way different. They were designer and overpriced. I groaned and decided I was annoyed. I grabbed my phone out of my pockets calling Travis.
“I don’t like it.” I groaned.
“Where are you?” He asked sounding like he was looking at something.
“Juicy Couture.” I spoke looking around.
It wasn’t because the clothes were ugly, the prices made my eyes bulge.
Travis walked in a few minutes later holding a couple bags.
“What's wrong?” he asked his sunglasses hiding his eyes.
“It’s so expensive.” I spoke lowly.
“I’ll make a deal with you.” He spoke smiling.
“Oh yeah?” I smiled.
“Buy a bathing suit here and something else and I will take you somewhere else to get clothes.” He walked with me to the bathing suits.
I looked for a while as Travis stood behind me. It made me so nervous. He got close to my ear.
“I like that one.” He sounded amused.
He looked like he was going to say something but his phone rang. He grunted and walked out of the store quickly.
“What's wrong?” I asked him when he came back inside.
“Nothing, are you ready?” he asked grabbing my bathing suit and a perfume I picked.
I followed him to the register. The sleek black haired girl smiled and rung up the bathing suit, telling us it was ninety dollars. I tried not to seem surprised. I pulled my debit card out of my purse.
“Like I’m not going to pay.” Travis laughed and paid in cash. I grabbed my bag and walked next to Travis.
“What's wrong Trav?” I asked him using a nick name.
“Nah nothing.” He seemed on edge.
“I can tell.” I replied getting annoyed that he wouldn’t tell me.
“Fuck Em, I said nothing.” He groaned loudly as we walked down the street.
I felt my cheeks blush from embarrassment that he yelled at me in public.
He looked at me, and breathed a deep breath.
“Fuck, Em I’m sorry.” He apologized a few minutes later.
“It’s fine.” I shrugged looking at my feet.
“My brother’s lawyer just called me.” Travis spoke low.
“What?” I asked confused looking at him.
He sat on a bench.
“I punched him, so now he wants to take me to court for assault charges.” Travis seemed relatively calm.
“What a dick.” I spoke louder.
“Em that’s an awful ugly word.” He teased me.
“It won’t work, don’t worry.” He spoke again and pulled me closer.
“I hope not, what time is it?” I asked him looking at all the cars passing by.
“Almost three.” He spoke more cheerful.
“So let’s get clothes.” I smiled and pulled Travis up.
“Let’s wait till we get my car.” He smiled and pulled me in giving me a hug.
“I’m hungry.” I spoke into his shirt.
“Let’s go eat.” Travis said pointing to the restaurants surrounding the area.
We walked into a big restaurant that was cozy inside.
“How many?” the woman asked eyeing Travis.
“Two.” He spoke normally.
The girl led us to a table by a window.
“You’re waitress will be right with you.” She left quickly.
“I think I am just going to get a salad.” I shrugged.
“You just said you were hungry.”
“Yes, but you see everything on this menu is really overpriced and I mean I have like two hundred dollars in my bank and...” Travis cut off my little rant.
“Yes, but you see I am you’re boyfriend so I am going to pay.” Travis rolled his eyes.
The waitress came up to our table, she had dark brown hair, her eyes were a dark brown almost black, and her boobs were bulging out of her small uniform.
“Hello, I’m summer what to do you want to drink?” She asked biting her lip and looking at Travis.
“Do you have coffee?” he asked.
“Yeah, we do, what your sister wants?” the girl spoke nicely too nice.
I looked down at my menu sheepishly.
“Well my girlfriend speaks for herself so ask her.” He spoke rudely.
“Oh sorry, she just seems young and well you...” the waitress didn't continue.
“Fuck off, you whore.” Travis groaned. Standing up and taking my hand and leading me out of the restaurant.
No one had ever stood up for me before; my last boyfriend wasn't exactly the guy he seemed. I shook off the bad memories.
“We didn't have to leave…” I stated slowly I was embarrassed again.
“Nah fuck that I'm not just going to let her say shit.” He rolled his eyes and picked up his phone getting us a cab.
“Thanks.” I said smiling and kissing his lips.
“Let’s get my car.” He said excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: