Status: Updated when need be.

Age Is Just a Number

Snapped

The war was still proceeding outside the walls of the Thornwood mansion, but I was unable attend the bloodbath. After Beck had returned me to the safety of the camp, I was dismissed from duty and returned home. Eva looked after me in my near vegetated state.

I didn't eat, sleep, and barely moved. Beck's absence was my main problem. I needed him. I needed him to break through the insanity that had clogged my normal thinking, my way of living. But he was off fighting a war, possibly on the verge of death.

For two months, I stayed in the mansion, sitting in bed, my mind lost in a blank word of spitting and hissing voices that only wanted me to kill. But I couldn't...They had eaten my sanity, yet left me with barely any will to move.

My ears barely registered the knock at the door. When it opened, my eyes never moved from the spot on the comforter in front of me. The bed sagged as someone sat on the side; still, I didn't move. A warm hand touched my cheek and pushed my face to the side so I had to look into familiar golden eyes. My own eyes widened at the rugged, exhausted face hovering in front of mine.

“Beck...?” I mumbled, the voice sounding alien to my ears.

“Hello, love.” His kissed my forehead. My eyes fluttered shut at the gentle touch.

“You...came back...”

“Of course I did,” Beck replied, taking my hand in his. “We had to come back and replenish our sources.”

“I...missed you.”

A small smile played at his lips. “I missed you too.”

Image

Being back in Beck's arms seemed to settle to voices into occasional hisses. I rarely left his side, clinging to him like a small child. I trusted no one, but him; I talked to no one, but him; I hated everything. But him.

My head rested against his shoulder as his fingers traced up and down my arm. The late summer sun shown down on our backs as the breeze caressed our bodies, giving me goosebumps.

“Do you want anything to eat? Or drink?” Beck asked, looking down at me with his beautiful, ember eyes.

“An iced tea, please?” I answered, looking up to him and smiling.

“Anything for you,” he said, getting to his feet.

I smiled again as he left, wondering how we could be sipping tea in the sunshine while people were still out there. I cocked my head to the side. That was the first real sane thought I'd had in a while.

Footsteps padded quietly behind me. I thought it was Beck so I made no move to take notice until it was Sean who stood in front of me. Nothing was said between us as I scratched at the finish on the garden bench.

His feet shifted, my eyes flickering at the sudden movement hungrily. “So what? You're giving me the silent treatment?” I didn't answer. He snorted. “I don't see why you can't just forgive me. Especially since you got that hunk of white Jet Li as yours now.” I smiled at the reference to my beloved. “God!” Sean growled, taking me by the shoulder. “Say something!” I just stared at him with wide eyes as he shook me. “Say something, you fucking whore!”

Out of no where, a rocket of pure muscle and flesh careened into Sean over my head. They crashed to the ground and Sean rolled quickly away, regaining his feet, a look alarm on his tan face. Beck rose slowly, his teeth bared and a low growl rumbling from his chest.

“B—Beck...?” said Sean. Satisfaction struck me at the shake in his voice. He was terrified of Beck and as scooted back, I saw why.

Beck's eyes were pitch black, the yellow iris' standing out like gold coins. He rushed forward, his shoulder colliding with Sean's stomach to take them both to the ground. Beck backhanded to his feet, crouched in wait for his opponet's attack.

Sean sat up, scooting back as he saw Beck waiting for his move. “Beck, c—come on. J—just chill...”

Beck's jaw opened and roar shook the air, making Sean crabwalk faster than I'd ever seen anyone. I watched it all with twisted joy. I hoped Beck killed Sean. I hoped he killed him so Jorden could feel all the heartbreak I felt. I hoped Sean lived so I could tear into his tender throat and end it.

Beck charged him again, but Ivan caught him by the shirt. Beck turned on him, growling and lashing out. Ivan stepped back, easily missing the other werewolf's elongated claws.

“Beck...” he warned, but Beck simply gnashed his teeth before attacking.

Ivan's shoulders hunched and his skin tore away, black fur and raw muscle shredding the last remaining tissue away. The werewolf form of Ivan stood up on his hind legs, golden eyes gleaming down at Beck who dared not back down. Beck launched at him, Ivan swatting him away like a fly. A low growl turned into shaky, demonic words.

Beck, you need to stop this!

But Beck didn't stop. He was crazed, wild. Just like me. I loved it.

It took Gregor, Shane, El, Adam, and Dom to take him down, along with Ivan's help. I continued to sit on the bench, watching as the drug him away. I stood and made my way towards the mansion when a hand touched my shoulder. I jerked away, my lips curling back from my teeth.

Ivan was looking down at me, the same calm, calculating glare he'd given Beck. “I need you to come with me.”

I grudgingly followed.

Image

I paced my room, nails digging into my palms as sweat began to trickle from my temples. My nails clawed down the door like an imprisoned animal and I let out a whimper.

“Please...” I whispered, knowing my guards could hear me. “Please, let me out.”

I waited for a response. “Sorry, Jess,” Dominic said from the other side.

“If you were really sorry, you'd let me out.” Whispers floated through the wood, too quietly spoken for even me to deceiver. “Please?” I breathed, pressing my ear against the door.

A loud bang made me jerk back and I growled. “Give it up, Jess,” Gregor said. “You're staying in there.”

“We'll see,” I sniffed and continued to pace.

Several minutes later the locks clicked and the door opened. Elizabeth stepped in with Gregor and Shane right behind her. I stood there, shoulders hunched, eyes glistening darkly.

“Do you want to sit?” Elizabeth asked, gesturing to the bed and sitting on it.

“I want to know what you've done to Beck,” I answered, my eyes following her intensely. The slight fidget of her hand made a smile pull at my lips. She feared me.

“He's fine, Jesse. We're keeping him in confinement until he calms down. As for you...why didn't you stop it?”

“What? The fight between Beck and Sean?” I asked, turning from her to look out the locked up window. I smiled and looked over my shoulder at her. “Because I wanted Beck to kill Sean.”

“Why?”

I snorted and turned from the window. “Why not? Sean betrayed me. He went and slept with that whore, leaving me to rot in my heartache—”

“You still love him though?”

“No,” I snapped. “Beck is my love. I love him. Sean betrayed me!”

“I understand, Jess, but you're still hurt about it.”

“No,” I chuckled darkly, shaking my head. “No, no, no. I'm more than hurt. I'm in agony. I'm in so much pain to the point that I want to see Sean and every other person—human or werewolf—slaughtered with their heads on a stick!” My voice had rose to shrill scream by the end and I was heaving breaths. “And you—” I pointed at Elizabeth. “You dare keep that one painkiller away from me, that one man who has kept me alive...” I stepped up to her so our faces were inches apart. She met me, unblinking. “I'll kill you and anyone in my way,” I growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm laid up with a broken rib so I've had time to write. :): Hope you enjoyed!

Beck does not approve to be a silent reader!

Special thanks to punkrockerballerina!