Status: Active!

Twice as Bad

Bigger News

The band had been signed and they couldn’t be happier. However the girls could be. Being signed meant meetings, and more practices. Plus Shadows and Synyster had to work more to pay for household, doctor, and studio bills. Both girls had to stop working at the bar and Val was the only one who felt well enough to job hunt. Michelle was too ill to move from the couch or bed. Tonight the band had a meeting with a manager who would help them work with the Swedish record label as well as promote them locally.
“Babe you look just fine. Don’t worry.” Val reassuringly says straightening the buttons on Shadows’ shirt.
“Thanks, but I don’t see why we need a manager. It’s so fucking stressful.” He grumbles wiping his hands on his black jeans. Val sighed and sat on their bed. Someone knocks on the door.
“Hey Shads, we need to go. Zacky’s almost here.” Synyster says through the closed door.
“Alright!” he shouts and turns to Val. “We’ll be back soon.” He kissed her softly and ran a hand over her bump. It seemed to have grown even more in the past ten days.
“Okay. I love you.” She whispered before he went out. Looking around their small bedroom with the yellowing walls, she sighed and knew this was no place for a child. The living room was not much better. Michelle was laying on the black loveseat. It was the nicest thing they owned, and the newest thanks to the record company giving them an advance. They had also bought paint for the old walls. “How are you feeling?” She gently sits on the edge next to Michelle.
“Like death. How come you didn’t get so sick?” she weakly asks. Valary just shrugs. “I hope this manager helps them. You know they will break down and hire him.
“Yeah they will. I have an interview tomorrow at an office. I need a job so badly.” Valary sigh rubbing her head.
“You’ll get it.” Michelle coughs. “I’m only a couple months and I’m ready for this to be over.” Valary has to laugh a bit.
“It’s only getting started, for the both of us.” She smiles. Michelle rolls her eyes.

At ten pm, Synyster and Shadows stumble in. Both girls are passed out in Michelle’s bed. “Damn it. Shadows move Val so I can sleep. I’m fucking beat from working all day and that meeting.” Synyster groans. Shadows looks at Val who has a book over her face and her arms wrapped around her belly. He can’t bring himself to move her.
“Fuck no. Sleep on the couch.” He snaps. Synyster just stares at him. “Or with me, Christ you weirdo.” They don’t make it to the other bedroom before Michelle wakes up and comes out. “Hey guys. How was it?” she yawns.
“It was great baby. We not only signed Larry, the manager, but we recorded a song. Our first demo!” Synyster grins. Michelle gasps and shakily hugs him.
“Syn I am so proud of you!” she sniffles kissing his face. She hugs Shadows next. “We shouldn’t wake Val up though, she’s not feeling well.” Matt looks a bit worried.
“Good thing she has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow.” He sighs. “I need to go lay down. I have to work in a couple hours.” He waves goodnight and closes the door.
“How are you feeling?” Syn asks rubbing Michelle’s belly softly. She gives a small sigh and looks down.
“Awful and even worse that I can’t work.” She mumbles. He tilts her chin up and kisses her.
“Baby you won’t need to work for a long time if this deal works and I’m sure it will. Larry won’t let us down, I know it. He’s one cool guy. The Rev fell in love instantly.” She gives a small smile.
“That’s good. Let’s go lay on the couch. I’m exhausted.” She yawns. He leads her to the couch and lies down before pulling her close and kissing her temple. Both of them are asleep instantly.

After working from 1 am to 8 am, Shadows needed all the coffee he could get his hands on. He sped home to make some before he went with Val to her 20 week appointment. “Shit! Goddamn it!” he yells when he realizes there’s only a teaspoon of coffee left.
“Shadows why are you fucking yelling?” Michelle groans from the couch. He turns around and sighs forgetting she was on the couch.
“I’m sorry but I’m exhausted and there’s no coffee.” He grumbles going to Syn’s room to wake up Val. She has since moved the book but is curled around her belly. He smiles feeling a burst of excitement and softly rubs her back. She slowly shifts and opens her eyes.
“Hi babe.” She yawns.
“Morning. You need to get ready for your appointment. It’s in an hour.” He says stroking his hands over her belly. She rubs her eyes and sits up.
“Oh yeah. Do you get to come to this one?” she asks. A sting of guilt hits, he had to work during the first couple. He holds her hand.
“Yes I do. I can’t wait.” He answers giving her belly a quick kiss. A soft giggles escapes her mouth before she gets up and goes to shower. Michelle comes in shuffling.
“Can I have my bed now? I didn’t sleep well with Syn on the couch.” She grumbles. Shadows gets up and helps her lay down. She was like another sister to him, he did have a younger sister but she was currently in Hawaii on a basketball scholarship.
“We will be back soon.” He smiles. She gives a small nod and passes out.

Valary holds Shadows hand the entire way to the doctor’s and while waiting. He kept smiling which helped her feel better. “This is the appointment where we find out the sex.” she says trying to make her leg stop shaking.
“Are you nervous about that?” he asks. He didn’t like when she was nervous because he didn’t always know how to fix it. She just shrugs and looks at her belly. It was very noticeable in the black tank top she had on. The rest of her body was slender but her stomach was not flat anymore. Before he has time to ask more questions the nurse calls them back. Val grips Shadows hand as they go to the exam room.
“So what exactly do they do?” He looks around the room which has some very scary looking equipment and lots of posters about pregnancy and child birth.
“A pelvic exam and ultrasound.” She sighs putting a very unflattering gown on before lying down. He raises his eyebrow. He did not like the idea of someone examining anywhere near her pelvis, especially if the doctor was male. Luckily a female doctor comes in, along with an ultrasound tech.
“How are you feeling?” the doctor asks.
“Much better than my last visit, I haven’t had any more pains or headaches.” She explains still holding Shadows’ hand. The doctor nods and the sonogram machine is set up. Val turns to Shadows. “I hate this part.” The tech squeezes some gel on Val’s belly and she winces.
“Cold?” he asks trying hard not to smile. She gives him a slight glare and then turns to screen as the picture comes up. Shadows heart starts to race and he can’t take his eyes from the screen.
“There are the feet.” The tech points stuff then makes a concerned sound. Val’s hand tenses up in Shadows.
“What’s wrong?” Shadows asks taking a breath so his anger doesn’t shoot through the roof. Then the tech and doctor smile.
“Nothing, in fact you have two healthy babies here.” The doctor says.
“What?!” Val shrieks jolting up. She starts gasping.
“Valary. Val.” Shadows strokes her arm. “Breathe.” He turns to the doctor. “What do you mean two babies? She’s five months shouldn’t you have known this before?” Val starts sobbing and he strokes her hair.
“Clearly one baby was blocking the other. It’s not uncommon and she is a very small girl, space is limited. By the looks of it you are having a boy and a girl.” Valary sobs harder and Shadows heart pounds as his mind races. Two babies? They couldn’t even afford one let alone two, plus Michelle was pregnant. He had to sit down and hold his head.
“Okay Ms. Dibenedetto, breathe. It will be fine.” The doctor soothingly says handing her some Kleenex. Val wipes her eyes and turns to Shadows. She can see the veins in his neck and head pulsating. He was definitely not happy but he gives her a weak smile and holds her hand.

The car ride home is silent and very uncomfortable. Val couldn’t even look at her belly without wanting to cry. Shadows keeps rolling his lip ring around and thoughts are bombarding him. He suddenly jerks around a corner. “Shadows! What the hell?!” Val gasps.
“We gotta go see The Rev.” he says not taking his eyes off the road. She clings to the door hating the way he’s speeding. Thankfully they make it to the Laundromat in one piece. She has to catch her breath and fans her face. “I’m sorry.” He kisses her cheek before getting out and running in.
“Heeeyy Shads!” The Rev laughs jumping off the counter he was perching on. The teenage girl looks relieved that he moved. Shadows smiles and hugs him.
“Hey man. Having fun torturing the customers?” Shadows asks. The Rev nods then smiles more as Val comes in.
“Valary!” he shouts hugging her. She laughs. Hugs from The Rev would put anyone in a good mood.
“Hi buddy.” She giggles. He smiles down at her belly and rubs it.
“How’s the baby?” he asks. She shoots a worried look up at Shadows. The Rev looks back and forth. He hated anyone being upset.
“Well there’s two babies.” Val says biting her lips. The Rev’s eyes grow but then he hugs her and Shadows at the same time.
“More spawn to love!” he shouts earning confused looks from everyone else in the Laundromat. Even though they’re smiling Shadows and Val can’t help but worry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look! I updated! All my stories will now be updated on a semi-regular schedule!!
Comments mean more chapters faster!