Through The Dark

Chapter 1

“Come on or we’ll be late. Do you really want to disappoint him?” Brie said.

“Of course I don’t. Wouldn’t want to miss his first gig.”

“Then get your butt moving!” she shouted back up the stairs laughing afterwards.

I finally found my keys and came running down the stairs. Brie just stared at me with a smirk and walked out the door. I just rolled my eyes and followed while locking the door behind us.

It was freezing in the middle of December. There was light snow on the grass though barley any on the roads.

By the time we made it there we were half frozen since the heater in the car was broken. We walked as fast as we could to the back entrance. Brie banged on the door and Bob opened it.

“Hey, you guys finally made it. Frankie has been asking about you Britt.”

Brie elbowed me in the side. I looked over at her and couldn’t help but feel bad.

We followed Bob in and the door slammed behind us. It was dim and smelled of old, moldy pizzas and alcohol.

There was a curtain separating the rooms. We went through it and everyone was hanging out. I looked around to find Frankie sitting on a couch by himself. He looked up and saw me. A smile came across his face.

I walked over leaving Brie talking to Bob. I sat next to him and he took my hand.

“I’m glad you made it. I was getting worried.”

“Aw, there’s no reason to be. I will always make it. Late or early. I’ll be there.”

I gave him a smile and he leaned in and kissed me. When he moved away, you could hear Gerard on the microphone.

“I would like to thank-you all for coming out tonight!”

The crowd screamed.

“I have to go. Wait for me?”

“Of course.”

He kissed me real fast on the lips once more and walked on stage. Gerard continued.

“This is our first gig and we hope you all will take us kindly. But, if you don’t, then just fuck you ‘cause we’re just going to keep on playing! And if you don’t know. We are the one, the only. My Chemical Romance!”