Note to Self

Midnight Meetings

She sat in the kitchen; it was only 4pm so she had changed into a skirt and a plain black shirt. The small chained detail on her skirt jingled as she jumped onto the kitchen top. Rosa had gone food shopping and Ryan and Pete were upstairs in his room doing things that to be honest, Isabel didn’t want to even know about.

“You must be Isabel,” She looked up startled and saw a guy standing there. He pulled his garden gloves off and smiled at Isabel.

“And you must be Edward the gardener,” She said smiling.

“Yep, call me Eddy though,” He said with a smile.

“So how are you finding the job?” He asked her and leant against the counter.

“Alright I guess,” Isabel stated quietly.

“Has Ryan been giving you grief?” Edward asked in amusement.

“You could say that,” Isabel muttered.

“He has had a lack of discipline in his life; Andy doesn’t exactly give him the attention he needs.”

“Still doesn’t give him the right to treat me that way. I’ve grown up without both of my parents but I’m still respectful to those around me,” She said feeling frustrated when they both heard footsteps coming downstairs. They immediately stopped their discussion as Pete and Ryan walked into the kitchen.

“Hey Eddy, hey sexy,” Pete greeted and opened the fridge door. Isabel had to refrain herself from hitting Pete around the back of the head but luckily Ryan did that for her.

“What was that for?” Pete exclaimed.

“Don’t hit on our cleaner,” Ryan stated with a shrug causing Pete to roll his eyes.

It was midnight and as far as Isabel knew, everyone else was asleep in his or her rooms so she was sat in the kitchen with her phone in her hand.

“Alex, please don’t be like that,” She sobbed and tears trickled down from her crystal blue eyes.

“Look, I’m sorry Iz, but I don’t feel the same way about you anymore. We’ve just drifted apart and I haven’t seen you in ages,” Alex explained softly/

“Well if you actually took any interest in my life then you would have known that you haven’t seen me in ages because I’ve been working my ass off in so many different jobs just trying to get money to pay for aunt Teresa’s treatment,” She exclaimed hysterically.

“Well I’m sorry I wanted to spend time with you!” He yelled.

“Well maybe it’d be best if you pissed off with Melissa then, as she actually has the time to spend with you,” She shot with venom in her voice.

“You know about Mel?” He asked surprised.

“Yes, Andy told me but I didn’t want to believe him because I thought you was better than that, but apparently I was wrong,” Tears still streamed down her face as she stuttered and choked on her words.

“It’s not my fault I fell in love with someone else Iz.”

“So you’re saying it’s my fault?” She asked in disbelief.

“Yes,” He stated quickly, immediately regretting it.

“You’re so pathetic. I’ll be over to pick up my stuff sometime tomorrow,” She said and then hung up quickly and threw her phone at the floor angrily causing it to crack in many places. Crying, she put her head down onto the table. She’d been with Alex for two years and now of all times, he’d decided to leave her when she needed a male figure the most in her life.

“You know, that’s not going to do much good for your phone,” She looked up to see Ryan stood in his boxers, leaning against the kitchen doorframe.

“To be honest Ryan, I don’t need your cockiness right now.,” She mumbled and coughed slightly because of the tears she was trying to hold back. She put her head back down on the table and Ryan stepped forward and pulled a chair up opposite her and sat down.

“Sorry,” He said quietly, causing her to look up at him.

“What are you doing?” She asked him confused when she saw he had sat down.

“I thought you might want some company as you seem a tad upset,” He said and looked down at his hands. She smiled slightly.

“Thanks.”

“So I’m guessing that was your boyfriend you were on the phone to,” Ryan said awkwardly.

Ex boyfriend,” She corrected.

“Oh right, is he why you’re phone has been brutally murdered then?” He asked causing her to laugh softly.

“Yeah. My anger just gets the best of me some times,” She sighed and put her head back onto the table but thankfully the tears had stopped falling from her eyes. Ryan looked at her hand that was lying still on the table and thought for a while until he reached forward and took it softly in his own hand, whilst a plan formed in his head.

“You’ll be alright. You’ll get over him soon enough,” He said softly and Isabel looked up at him.

“It’s just I can’t believe he would have left me at a time when I needed him the most.” She stated with tears filling her eyes again.

“All guys are dicks Izzy,” He mumbled and lightly rubbed his thumb across her knuckles.

“Even you?” She asked softly.

“Especially me,” He said with a sigh and his grip tightened on her hand.

“I don’t believe that,” She said softly and caressed his fingers with hers.

“Izzy, I have been an ass to you all day and I don’t even have any reason to hate you,” It’s a shame that the words that he spoke were lies, spiteful ones that were to hurt people around him in the future.

“That’s in the past now.”

“I still shouldn’t have been a jerk,” He tried to convince and pulled his chair closer to hers and cupped his other hand around both of her hands.

“Thank you,” She breathed out softly as the gap between them slowly closed. Their lips were barely millimetres apart when Isabel came to her senses and stood up abruptly and pulled her hands out of Ryan’s. She pushed her hair behind her ear and fiddled with her hands feeling embarrassed that she had nearly kissed the guy she had hated only a few hours previously.

“Shouldn’t you, erm, get back to Pete?” She asked him embarrassed.

“Um, yeah, I guess,” Ryan answered but couldn’t help but feel slightly disappointed that she had backed away, his plan had been going so well. She stood there nervously and watched him go to the fridge and pull out two cokes for Pete and himself.

“I bet he’s wondering where you are,” Isabel said with a smile.

“Probably, well I’ll see you in the morning then,” Ryan said from the doorway and took one last look at her tear stained face before turning and heading back upstairs.

Ryan stepped into his bedroom to see Pete still on Ryan’s laptop. He threw him a bottle of coke before sitting beside him and looking at what he was doing on the laptop.

“So what took you so long?” Pete asked but kept his eyes on the screen.

“I was talking to Izzy,” Ryan stated causing Pete to look at him.

“And…”

“And what?” Ryan was going to tell him his plan, but in time.

“What the hell happened?” Pete exclaimed getting frustrated.

“Nothing, I just talked to her because her boyfriend had broken up with her.”

“Ah Ryro, you’re in with a chance then,” Pete stated with a smug grin on his face.

“Sure, whatever you say Pete,” Ryan uttered and rolled his eyes at his friend.

“Anyway what happened to ‘she’s a bitch and the sooner I get her fired the better’?” Pete asked with a smirk.

“Things change I guess. Plus I was being a bit harsh.”

“Holy shit, are you ill or something Ry? I’ve never heard you so be so considerate.”

“Shut up Pete or I’ll tell the world what you did with Joe,” Ryan threatened with a sly smile.

“Augh, whatever, I’m going to sleep,” Pete mumbled. Ryan laughed slightly and turned the light and laptop off before they both got into his bed. They were both nearly asleep when they heard Isabel’s footsteps going into her room.

“I nearly kissed Izzy,” Ryan voiced into the darkness with his back to Pete.

“What?” Pete asked suddenly and forcefully turned Ryan to face him.

“You said you only talked.”

“Yeah well, I missed that bit out.” Ryan mumbled and tried to turn back over.

“No, come on Ryan, is this just a plan to get her fired?” Pete asked him.

“I think so, Ryan mumbled. He truly didn’t know if he liked her or not but he was going to stick to his plan none the less.

“What so you’re aloud to hit on your cleaner but I’m not?” Ryan hit him playfully before turning over and trying to get to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be awesomely lovely :]

Thanks to everyone that has read, commented and subscribed to this story/any of my stories, you people make my day haha.