Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Twenty Five

I groaned as my eyes slowly opened from my short sleep. Throughout the night, my thoughts had plagued me, waking me up every other hour. As I became more aware of my surroundings, I realized that my lack of sleep had affected me more than I had expected. I instantly knew that I wasn't going to be able to make it to school today. It felt as if there was a tiny many inside of my skull, constantly hitting it with a hammer. I felt dizzy, and my eyes felt as though they couldn't focus on anything without having to blink every two seconds.

"Ow..." I muttered under my breath as I tried to lift myself up off the bed, or rather, Laurie's chest. My hand instantly attached itself to the top of my head, trying to decrease the pressure of my headache.

My movement must have woken Laurie, because his arms somehow wound themselves around my waist, keeping me from moving away from him. I looked up at him from his chest, to see that he was giving me a look of worry.

"Do you want me to go get you something for your head? You don't look too well." He asked, sounding concerned. I nodded my head, and he swiftly went to the bathroom and returned with a glass of water and two pills. I downed the water as well as the pills, and he took the glass and set it on his nightstand. I sat up, but Laurie gently layed me back down, telling me that I had to rest.

"But it's only a headache, it'll go away." I whined, not because I was feeling better, but because I didn't want to be left alone, especially with the information that I now knew about James.

"Ver, I know that it's not headache. You barely slept at all last night. You need to rest, and then you'll be better by tomorrow. I'm not letting you get out of bed at all today." His voice sounded stern, and I felt the need to do what he said.

"Fine," I muttered, pulling the blankets up to my shoulders. "I'll lay here and suffer."

Even though he wasn't in my vision, I could almost hear him roll his eyes at me. Without saying a word, I heard the sound of his footsteps across the room before the sound of the bedroom door shutting hit my ears. I layed there, not feeling particularly tired, before I grabbed Laurie's book from his nightstand and started reading. I finished the third chapter by the time Laurie waltzed back into the room. My eyes wandered from his hair that still held small water droplets on the black ringlets, to his chest that beads of water had collected on, and finally, down to the dark blue towel that hung low on his hips, giving me a perfect view of his abs and the faint lines in the shape of a "V" that lead down to... well, you know.

I think I must've been staring too long, because my eyes traveled up to his face, which was holding an all-knowing smirk. "I forgot to grab some clothes." He explained, with a cocky tone to his voice.

I could feel the heat behind my cheeks as I looked away, and Laurie chuckled as he grabbed some things from his dresser and wandered into the bathroom to change. I resumed reading as my face cooled down, and Laurie returned to the bedroom a while later, looking ready for school. He looked very handsome in a black button-up with white pinstripes and black slacks. I smiled at him as he walked over to the bed.

"I'm going to go grab something to eat quick and then I need to head to school. Just try to sleep and focus on getting better. If you get hungry there's food in the kitchen and if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to call me, I'll keep my phone on ring all day just to make sure. Okay?" He kneeled down beside the bed, eye-level with me.

"Okay, I'll make sure to call if I need anything." I smiled slightly at him, knowing that he truly cared about me. He stood up before sitting down on the bed. He leaned down to place a soft kiss on my lips before pulling away. His lips touched my forehead tenderly for a few moments before he whispered softly to me.

"Goodbye, Ver, sleep well. I love you." He smiled at me, and stood up.

I reached out and grabbed his hand as I spoke.
"Goodbye. I love you too, Laurie. Have a good day." I smiled at him before letting his hand go.

Soon, Laurie was gone and I had nothing to do. For about an hour, I continued reading, but my eyes got tired. Sooner or later, I must have dozed off, because I woke up to the feeling of someone climbing into bed with me. I yawned as two arms wrapped around my waist. A quiet moan left my lips as I turned around.

"Laurie, I missed you. I had nothing to do, and my headache got better but I still don't feel very good." I mumbled to him, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"But I'm here now, and I can make everything better." I opened my eyes and smiled at him. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he leaned down to kiss me. I was expecting him to kiss me sweetly and then tell me about his day, but after a few moments of us kissing, his tongue had found it's way into my mouth. Soon enough, he was hovering over me, his hands wandering a little too much for my liking.

"Laurie," I whined, pushing my hands against his chest and he stopped, breathing heavily. "I don't want to go that far yet. I'm not ready." I spoke, shaking my head at him.

"But I'm so ready, baby." He practically growled out as his hands slipped underneath the bottom of my shirt, reaching up to touch my bra.

The alarms in my head went off instantly, and I quickly pushed Laurie away, and got off the bed.

"What got into you?! You're not acting like yourself at all, and it's scaring me!" I yelled at him, extremely confused by his behavior.

"I, uh, I think I just, uh, I think I just missed you so much today that my emotions got the better of me." He spoke, getting off of the bed and stepping towards me.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and hugged me.

"It's okay." I mumbled into his shirt. "I guess I just freaked out. I didn't know if you were going to stop or not. I was afraid that you were going to hurt me by the way you were acting."

"Aww, baby, I wouldn't hurt you." His voice sounded extremely patronizing, like he was talking to a three year old, and it bothered me.

"I know you wouldn't hurt me." I spoke, feeling a bit angry at him yet, so my voice held a bit of hostility.

"Why don't I make up for what I did? Would that be good?" He spoke in that 'little-kid' type tone again, and it made me mad once again.

"No, it's fine. I think I'll just go back to bed." I shook my head at him and side-stepped him to walk over to the bed. But before I could climb into bed once again, he came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Uh-uh, you're not going back to bed yet, honey. I'm not done with you." His voice scared me, and I tried to pry his hands away from my body, but he wouldn't budge. Soon, he lifted me up and pinned me to the bed, leaving me confused and scared.

"Wh...What are you doing?" I breathed out, as he straddled me, reaching into his back pocket for something as one of his hands pinned my wrists above my head.

"I'm just making sure that fate is on it's right course." He spoke vaguely as he pulled a cloth out from his pocket and placed it over my mouth. I held my breathe as long as I could before my lungs felt like they would explode, and I breathed in an unfamiliar chemical, making me feel extremely sleepy. After a few more seconds, my vision blurred and the only thing surrounding me was darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is kinda short... I wanted to end it here though.
I'm so super sorry that I haven't updated in like two weeks.
School started and that's taking up a lot of my free time to write.
Well... WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Why is Ver sick?
Is it just because she didn't sleep well? Or is there another reason?
Do you think that Laurence should have just stayed home with her?
Should Ver have gone to school even though she was sick?
What's up with Laurie?
What's going on?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! THANKS FOR STICKING WITH ME!