The Rivals

He’d Betrayed Me

||Anita||
I slipped out of the locker room so Phil and Quinn could talk. I couldn’t believe it. All that had happened to Quinn, and I had been such a bitch to her all this time. I let out a long sigh and walked off to find Paul when I bumped into Chris. When I saw him my vision went red and I lunged at him.
“You filthy son of a bitch!” I screamed as I punched him square in the jaw. To my delight he went sprawling to the ground as I stood above him. I knelt over him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. “Now you listen to me you waste of air. If you ever try to touch Quinn again I will rip your eyes out of your head and shove them up your ass. Understand?” He just stared at me in horror, so I slammed him head into the ground. “Do you understand me?!” I hissed. He nodded and I leapt up. Making sure to step on his face as I walked away.
As I kept walking I saw a monitor and watched the replay from our main event. Man, Quinn was dangerous, we’d make a great team, and hopefully I would get to keep my promise to Chris and kick his ass on TV. Getting your ass beat by a girl half your size? That had to be the ultimate manhood killer. I smiled as I continued to the green room. By then most everyone had cleared out and I was starting to get a little worried, where was Paul? I ran back to the dressing room, but it was empty. I quickly changed and ran over to the men’s dressing room, knocking on the door.
No answer.
I knocked again as I slowly slipped the door open. Then I saw them and I felt my heart shatter. Barbra was sitting on Paul’s lap, her tongue halfway down his throat, and he was kissing her back. I felt my heart shatter. “Paul…” I whispered. They looked up at me as I felt tears roll down my face.
“Ani!” He dropped Barbra to the floor and looked at me. “I can explain!” I shook my head, sending tears flying.
“Don’t bother.” I looked at Barbra. “Well Barbra, you got what you wanted. I’m glad your morals are as low as humanly possible.” I looked back up at Paul. “Both of you.” Then I turned and walked out the door.
“ANI!” I heard Paul yell, but I assumed he thought I wasn’t worth it as I heard him go back into the dressing room. As soon as I knew he wouldn’t find me in a remote corner of the arena I fell to the ground and cried. I had never felt so betrayed in my life, so cheated. After all Paul and I had been through I guess he was finally sick of me. And it hurt so badly I just wanted the ground to swallow me whole and end my misery.
I don’t know how long I stayed there, but when I couldn’t hear anyone I knew I had better get out of there. Finally I found my way to the parking garage and drove my rental in silence. Just trying to hold back the tears as I finally pulled up to the hotel. I walked up to my room and realized Paul would be in there. I let out a long sigh. I hated to do this to her, but I couldn’t face him, there was just no way. I walked over to Quinn’s room and knocked. When she opened the door to say she was surprised would be the understatement of the year. Then she saw my face and ushered me inside without a word.
“What happened?!” She asked, sitting me down on the couch. I let out a long sigh.
“I need you to do something for me.” I said.
“Only if you tell me what happened.” She said. I took in a deep breath and looked at the ground.
“I went in the men’s dressing room looking for Paul and… and Barbra…” I felt the tears gush like a waterfall as I started bawling. “Anyway, I need you to get my stuff, I just can’t see him right now.” Quinn just rubbed my back and stuck out her hand. I gave her my key card and she walked out.
I wiped the tears from my face and stood up, walking into the bathroom and wiping away my raccoon eyes. It took Quinn longer to get back than I would have expected.
“Where’s Phil?” I asked. She handed me my things.
“Visiting with a buddy of his. You’re welcome to stay here.” I shook my head.
“I’ll just reserve a different room, it’s fine.” I insisted. Quinn looked at me for a long time.
“Do you want to know what he said?” I shook my head.
“I should have seen this coming.” I mumbled. Quinn just hugged me.
“It’s okay Anita, it’s going to be alright, I’ll beat her ass for you.” I chuckled.
“If anyone is going to bust up her little skank face it’s going to be me.” I said, only half kidding. Quinn just looked at me for a long time.
“It’s going to be okay Anita, who knows? Maybe now you’ll get to meet a new guy who Barbie won’t get near. Matt Cardona’s nice-” I shook my head.
“For now I’m just going to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Anita-”
“Goodnight Quinn.” I took my stuff down to the lobby and got a new room then went inside, shut the door, and flopped down on the bed.
I can’t lose you, and I don’t think you realize that. I can’t live without you. To think Paul had said that only just a few nights ago, and now this. It just didn’t add up, but I had seen them myself. The way he had been holding her…
I felt like I was going to be sick as the feeling of betrayal washed over me. After all we had been through, him knowing everything about my parents, dealing with me and my hatred of being a heel, after all that he crawled right into Barbra’s outstretched arms. I stared at the ceiling, wanting nothing more than to have my heart stop. I wiped the tears from my eyes, but they were replaced seconds later with more. I had loved Paul with everything I was.
And he’d betrayed me.
The next day I didn’t feel like going to Smack Down. I took a deep breath, I technically was on medical leave, so… I picked up my phone and dialed Teddy’s number.
“Anita! How are you?”
“Um, not so good, is there any chance of me not coming tonight to make sure I don’t get tricked into fighting again? My back is really acting up.” I heard Teddy sigh.
“Well, we wanted you to be ringside for Quinn’s match but…” I ran my hand through my hair. After all Quinn had done for me I couldn’t leave her to fend for herself if something happened.
“Okay, I’ll be there then.” I answered simply.
“Anita, if your back is bothering you-”
“I’ll manage, just…” Then the light bulb clicked. “If you could get me someone to make sure nothing happens to me, I’m sure creative can come up with something.”
“Wouldn’t Paul..?” I didn’t say anything and Teddy, being the awesome mind reader he was, caught on immediately. “I see, alright, I’ll see who I can get.”
“Thanks Teddy.”
“Anytime Anita. If you want I can talk to Paul-”
“Please Teddy, don’t do that. I’m fine.”
“Alright, I’ll see you tonight then.”
“Bye Teddy.” I hung up the phone and let out another long sigh before getting up and hopping in the shower.
I met Quinn outside her room and gave her the information for what was happening, she was just as upset about this as I was, and promised she’d make Barbra pay, dearly. But I just shook my head.
“They deserve each other. Two worthless skanks.” Quinn looked like she wanted to say something, but just shook her head and ushered me to her and Phil’s rental. The whole way there I thought about who Teddy would get to keep Paul away from me. I kind of guessed who it would be, and as we arrived at the stadium my suspicions were confirmed when Cody slithered up to me.
“So you finally dropped the old man huh?” He cooed. Quinn and Phil glared at him.
“Can it pretty boy.” Phil growled. He was older than Paul, so the anger was pretty understandable. Cody ignored him.
“So did you just realize you couldn’t resist me anymore or..?” I looked up at Cody and he realized he’d said something wrong.
“He cheated on me actually, so if you could never mention that name to me ever again, except to say he was hit by a truck, I’d be very much obliged.” Cody didn’t quite know what to say as I continued to stare at him.
“Well, we better get dressed.” Quinn said, grabbing my shoulder and leading me away from one of the most awkward situations of my life.
“Thanks.” I said. “But what about-”
“Phil? He can handle himself, besides, what are team mates for?” She said with a huge smile.
I continued to frown. I felt like I’d never be happy again as we walked into the locker room and quickly changed. But as I opened the door to head out I saw Paul.
I felt the wave hit me again as I tried to slam the door back shut. He easily held it open and, knowing I hated drama, led me to a deserted back hallway
“Ani, I can explain.” He said.
“Don’t you ever call me Ani again. I trusted you.”
“She attacked me, I was trying to push her off!” He swore. I just chuckled.
“Paul, I’m not mad. You two are perfect for each other.” I began to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.
“Ani, please listen to me!”
“No! I’ve listened to you promise you loved me for two years, swear you would never do something like this! Yet here we are.” I snapped.
“Ani, I love you! I would never choose her over you, you know that.”
“You just hook up with her when I’m not around.”
“Ani-”
“Is he bothering you?” We both turned to see Cody standing behind me.
“Yes.” I said
“No.” Paul said simultaneously. Cody stalked up to Paul and came between us.
“I think you best be running along now old man. Ani’s had enough of you.”
“Ani!” Paul pleaded, but I just looked away. “Quinn will tell you! Ask Quinn, she’ll tell you i’m innocent!” My head snapped up and Paul looked into my eyes. “I love you Anita Rosewood, never forget that.”
“Paul…” I whispered as he walked away. I heard Cody growl.
“Man he pisses me off.”
“Quinn…” I murmured. Cody turned to me.
“Huh?” my head snapped up to look at him.
“I have to talk to Quinn.” Cody grimaced.
“I don’t think that’s such a good idea.” I felt my heart rate speed up.
“Why’s that?! Did you plan this?” I felt the tears start to form in my eyes and angrily rubbed them away. Cody looked like a little boy who’d just seen his dog get run over.
“Ani…You don’t understand. Let it go.” Was all he said.
“Let it go? Let it go Runnels?!” I grabbed him by his little vest thing and pulled him down to my eye level. “Did you plan this?” I growled. Cody sighed and shook his head no.
“No, I didn’t. Paul has been doing this for a while now.” I felt like I’d just been shot.
“What?”
“I didn’t want to tell you because I didn’t want you to get hurt. Why do you think I hate him so much? He has someone as beautiful as you and doesn’t even realize it!” Cody’s anger seemed genuine, but this didn’t make any sense.
“I have to talk to Quinn.” I said.
“Ani, she’ll side with him.” He said, getting a bit possessive as he grabbed my arm.
“She won’t lie to me.” I said. And before Cody could say anything else I slipped my arm away and ran off towards Quinn’s locker room. I had to know the truth, I didn’t care if I wasn’t ready for it. If Paul was cheating with me behind my back all these years I would accept it, if not and it was a trap, I would beat that sorry ass little whore Barbra into her grave, bring her back to life, and then beat her to death again.
As I stood outside Phil’s locker room door I took a deep breath, knowing that what Quinn knew might change my entire world.
And I opened the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
SOOO sorry this took so long guys!
I've had a huge project I had to finish, but it's up now.
And SEG will reveal the truth!
xoxo
TMG

Anita street clothes
Anita Smack Down