Goof Ball in the Music Store

Sickness

I tossed and turned as I got a horrible stomach ache. I groaned then opened my eyes. I looked over at Jimmy who was now awake.

I sighed then whispered "Sorry for waking you." he shook his head and said "Its ok, whats wrong?" I shook my head and said "Stomach ache." I held my head then said "Head ache too." he put his hand on my fore head then said "Damn you're hot!" He quickly got up then said "You stay here." I nodded my head and watched as Jimmy left the room.

I sat there holding my stomache in pain. God this really hurt. Jimmy came back into the room with a thermometer at hand. He had one of those head thermometers. He ran it across my head then looked at it and went wide eyed. I looked at him worried and asked "What is it?" he shook his head and said "Your temp.! Its 103.9!! I have to get you to the hospital!" I shook my head. Bad idea. I held my head and said "Call 911 and see." he nodded his head then picked up his phone and dialed.

I layed there watching as Jimmy passed the room. He hung up the phone and went over to me and said "An ambulance will be here soon." I tried to say something but I didn't have the will power. I slowly felt tired. I tried to stay awake but it wasn't working. Jimmy for what I saw of him looked worried. I held his hand then closed my eyes. The last thing I heard was Jimmy yelling my name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Jimmy's POV~

I sat in the hospital worried out of my mind. The ambulance had came a few minutes after Max passed out. They said she wasn't dead but probably in a coma.

I called the guys and they should be here soon. My Max, my poor Max. How did she get this way? She was fine yesterday perfectly fine! We just went to a club and got drunk, and we drank our normal stuff.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard shouting. I looked over and saw Brian in front of all the guys shouting at receptionist. I went over to them then looked at the receptionist and said "They're with me." she scoffed then nodded her head and glared at Brian.

We all sat down then Matt asked "What happened man?" I looked at him and said "I don't know. She woke up this morning groaning and saying her stomach and head hurt. I felt her head and she was burning. I took her temp and it was 103.9! I called 911 to see if I needed to take her here and they said that they would send an ambulance. Once I told Max....... she passed out." I stopped to let them process all of the information. Gabby then asked "Is that all?" I shook my head and let a tear fall then said faintly "They say she may be in a coma." I looked up then saw all of them with wide eyes.
Before anyone could say anything the doctor walked out and said "Mr.Sullivan?" I shot up then walked over to him.

I looked down at the elder yet not to old probably 40 something man. He smiled faintly at me then said "Hello sir, I'm Doctor Warner." I shook his hand then said "Nice to meet you." he nodded his head then said "Follow me." I followed him to I was guessing his office.

He sat down behind his desk then motioned me to sit. I sat there tapping my foot impatiently. He looked over some papers then looked up at me and said "Now Mr.Sullivan does Ms.Wends have any family?" I shook my head then said "No sir. I'm her boyfriend though." he nodded his head then said "Well its good thing you caught this when you did. Ms.Wends seems to have a virus in her system. A deadly one." I looked at him shocked. He sighed then asked "Have you two been some where out of the country lately?" I shook my head and said "No sir, the last place we went was a club yesterday." he nodded his head then said "Well the virus could have been from when she was a child. Do you know if she was born out of the country?" I shook my head and said "No, I think she was born here." he nodded his head then said "She is in ICU room 908. You're the only one that can be in there. Though if friends want to come in then only one at a time." I nodded my head then got up and went to Max's room.

As I walked in she was asleep. I pulled a chair next to her bed then held her hand. I felt tears come into my eyes as she slept there. She could die if they don't get this virus out of her. I then whispered "Max, if you hear me. Please don't die on me. You're the greatest thing to me. I would leave tour and rush home if something happened to you. Please don't die." I felt the hot tears fall on my face.
I sat there for hours just staring at her. The guys and girls came in one at a time and visited her. Then a nurse walked in. She placed a had on my shoulder and said "I brought a cot for you Mr.Sullivan since I doubt you will leave." I nodded at her then said in a groggy voice from my crying "Thank you." she then left the room.

I kissed Max's hand then let it go and went to lay on the cot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Next Day~

(Still Jimmy's POV)

I woke up to see Max still asleep. She looked so peaceful. I wonder what she was dreaming about. She then moved slightly. I shot up then watched her carefully. She stirred some more. I got up slowly then her eyes slowly opened. I left the room then got the doctor.

We walked in then the doctor said "Hello Ms.Wends I see you're awake." she moved her head a little then said in a faint voice "Yeah." he smiled faintly then said "Well its a good thing your boyfriend Mr.Sullivan called. You have been infected with a rare deadly virus that isn't from here." Max's eyes widened a bit. I went over and stood on the other side of her.

The doctor smiled again then asked "Ms.Wends have you been out of the country later or were you born somewhere other than the U.S.?" Max nodded then said "I...I..I was born in Whales, and moved here when I was 10." the doctor nodded his head then said "Well then thats where you got it from probably. We have thankfully provided you with the medication to cure it. We ran tests about 2 hours after we gave you the medicine and the virus has died down a huge amount. Though it is still there, so you will have to take the medication and come in once a week to see if it is gone." I nodded my head then said "I'll make sure she takes it doc." he nodded his head then said "Ok, well Mr.Sullivan if you would follow me to help settle out Ms.Wends release forms." I nodded my head then kissed Max's forehead and left with the doctor.

~Max's POV~

Shit. Well this would bring questions no doubt. I sighed then looked around the room to see three vases of flowers.

I smiled then read the cards that were on my bed side table. Each one was from the guys and their gals. I then thought about a freakishly weird dream. It happened during the coma. I was married to Jimmy and we had a baby boy. I was so happy, the happiest I've ever been. I smiled to myself then my smile got wider when Jimmy walked in.

He smiled at me then came over to me and placed a loving kiss on my lips. He pulled away then said "I'm so glad you're awake." I looked at him then wiped the tears that were forming in his eyes.

I pecked his lips and said "Me too." he laughed a little then asked "Why didn't you tell me you were from England?" I shrugged my shoulders and said "It never came up, and my accent is gone so it didn't matter." he nodded his head then said "Well I don't care. As long as I have you I'm the luckiest man alive." I smiled then pressed my lips to his one more time.