Status: Active like your sex life ;)

Here's The Words That Tell The Truth, When It's Easier To Lie.

Brylee

I must have looked over my outfit in the mirror about 10 times. My skinny jeans fitting just right around my little ankles and my black cardigan that I’ve worn a thousand times since I bought it last winter seemed to not look as good as it usually does. I’m not sure how that was possible but I was nervous and I clearly wasn’t thinking right.

“You ready?” asks Kennedy knocking on the door, cracking it slightly to peak in.

“Uh yeah” I stutter “Let me j-just get my shoes on”

“Okay” replies Kennedy “I’ll be in my room when you’re ready”

I nod my head even though Kennedy could not see. I walk over to the closet full of clothes and shoes I never seemed to wear. I scan over my many pairs of shoes and decided upon my old black Vans.

I walk out into the hall scanning the door until I see Kennedy’s. I scuff my feet to his room; the door was already open so I just walk in.

“Ken-“My mouth fell open to see him shirtless.

“Sorry” he chuckled “Just had to change my shirt”

I stood staring at him, it wasn’t that he was buff and had the whole abs thing going on, just that, I really liked, I mean, never mind. I had to think of something to say, not just stand there like an idiot starring weirdly at him.

“Are you okay man?” questions Kennedy

“Y-yeah” I reply “Are we leaving?”

“So here’s the thing” says Kennedy spraying himself once more time with cologne “My mom nor your dad know about this “party” so Don’t say anything and be quiet, and don’t even speak when we get down there”

I swallow the lump in my throat and just nod, following shortly behind Kennedy down the steps. I’ve never been to a party before, and I didn’t think I’d ever wanted to go, but I guess things just happen and unfortunately I had no choice tonight.

“Going out for pizza” says Kennedy walking past our parents to the door “Oh and movies”

“What time will you be back?” asks Kennedy’s mom.

“Well it’s a late movie, so probably not that early, just leave the door unlocked” he replies opening the door.

He doesn’t even wait for a response, he just walks out the door, and I wave a goodbye and walk out the door behind Kennedy.

“Okay, when we get there, just follow me, don’t wonder off anywhere, and if I leave with a girl, just sit on the couch and don’t move” informs Kennedy

So I’m the same age and I have rules? When did he become my boss? I just nod and stare out the window until we came to a house that was blasting with music and had teenagers all around.

“Stay close behind” demands Kennedy as we walk towards the house. Kennedy is greeted by loads of people, and he doesn’t even introduce me, I stand close behind him looking around as if I was a lost dog. I felt awkward and I felt as if everyone’s eyes were laid on me.

“Hey!” says a tall skinny lanky boy pulling Kennedy into one of those bro man hugs. “Glad you could make it”.

“And this must be Brylee” says the boy as he sticks his hand out for me to shake.

I firmly grasp his hand and shake it. “Hi” I mumble and then drop his hand and look away awkwardly at all the partying teenagers. I didn’t know the boy’s name so we’re just going to call him Lanky.

“He’s not use to people, don’t get out much “says Kennedy chuckling.

“Hey! John!” says a red headed boy laying his hand on the Lanky’s shoulder. I am guessing Lanky’s name was John.

“Oh and Kenny!” he yells, pulling him into a hug. “Didn’t think you’d make it out!”

Kennedy laughs. “Yeah, wouldn’t miss one of John’s parties!”

“So” trails off the ginger boy “Where’s your new bro?”

Kennedy steps aside, exposing me. I look up and smile awkwardly and wave. “Hi”

“Hi, I’m Jared!” says the boy sticking his hand out.

I take his hand. “Brylee” I say before ending the hand shake, looking away.

“Looks like we have an awkward turtle here” laughs Jared.

Yeah. Awkward pretty much is my life, an awkward teenager, living 500 miles away from my home I’ve ever known, at a party with a bunch of people I didn’t know, of course I’m going to be awkward.

“Yeah, he doesn’t talk much” says Kennedy. “So where’s that beer?”

“In the kitchen” says John. “Might have to go one a beer run soon though”

I follow behind the crowd of beer thirsty teenagers to the kitchen where more groups of teenagers are standing around the tub of beer with half melted ice. “Want one?” asks John handing me one.

I shake my head no. I wasn’t one to like beer, or drink at all. I mean I did, just I’d rather not start back on my hold ways again. This was a great opportunity to start over and not be a trouble maker, besides, I like harder stuff than beer. Beer was gross.

“Okay than, but you’re missing out” says John throwing the beer back into the tub.

Oh I wasn’t.

“Don’t be a puss, take a beer” says Kennedy handing me a beer.

“I’m fine, thanks” I say looking in another direction.

“Just one, he says” still pushing the beer.

I sigh and take the beer. Maybe one won’t hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been awhile, i've a shit ton of snow days and today i went back to school and I don't feel like doing work so an update was needed. So here, enjoy, probably another update some day or an update on Hey Arizona, i don't even know. But yeah, an update, betterget off here before I get yelled at again from my evil teacher, comment/subscribe?