Killjoys Series

2

"Why do you have this?!" Gerard demanded, shoving Frank's hidden picture of him and Gerard back in the pro rev era at him. Frank cowered, "I said why, Ghoul!"

"Because..." Frank started feeling anger rise, "Why does it matter to you anyway Poison?!"

"You shouldn't have this shit! It makes you nostalgic and then your mind starts wandering and you can't focus, look at what happened to Nightmare!" Gerard said, gripping the image and tearing right down the middle; tearing Frank's heart.

"Gee, no." Frank whimpered. Gerard glared at him, eyes like stone daggers.

"Don't call me that." Gerard hissed. Frank nodded and stared at the ground.

"What happened to you?" Frank asked Gerard, well, mostly the ground.

"What did you say?" Gerard asked, eyes still cold.

"Nothing." Frank said and headed for the door. Gerard blocked his exit.

"What did you say?!" Gerard demanded.

"I asked what happened to you, Poison. What happened to my best friend? The guy I could talk to about anything, what the fuck happened to him?!" Frank shouted, angry that Gerard was doing this to him. Frank watched as Gerard's eyes softened.

"The end of the world happened. Shit changes, Ghoul. I'm still your best friend, you can still talk to me." Gerard said softly. Frank growled, annoyed.

"No I can't! Don't you see, Gerard?! Don't you see that you've changed!? You're not even Gerard anymore! You changed your hair and your name and all the sudden your a whole different person! I want my best friend back, motherfucker!" Frank didn't even try to stop the tears from spilling, "I fucking want Gerard back."

"Ghoul..." Gerard whispered, reaching out to touch Frank's shoulder. Frank hissed and flinched away, pushing past Gerard to go into the diner.

"See! You can't even say my fucking name. You said this wouldn't change things. You said you would never change. That's what you told everyone! All those kids who fucking idolized you! You always told them to be themselves. Well what about you, Gerard? You're not yourself. I don't know this Gerard. I don't know Poison. And I don't want to." Frank said and climbed onto one of the motorcycles, "I want the Gerard I loved back. But until he comes back, I'm leaving."