Status: Finished! Look for the sequel!

When Worlds Collide: Book One, Water

5

“Who are you?” Aang asked me, still standing in the doorway.
“My name is Sam,” I told him, “I’m kinda... trapped... on this ship.”
He seemed to hesitate, battling with himself whether he should believe me or not. Finally, he sighed. “Alright, follow me.”
He led me down passageways, until we finally arrived on deck. I looked around, and there was none other than Zuko. He gave me a glare, and I shrunk back behind Aang. The two exchanged some words, and then they began to duel. I shuffled back, looking up to the sky, waiting for Katara and Sokka to some on Appa.
Any minute now...
There!
Next thing I know, they were landing on the ship, and coming to help. Sokka saw me, and started to come over, but was soon frozen in place by Katara.
“Katara!” he yelled.
She apologized over and over again, while succeeding on freezing the fire nation this time.
I heard a noise behind me, and turned around just in time to see a soldier shoot fire right at my face.
I screamed, raising my hands up on instinct, and closing my eyes. I heard gasps around me, and also heard a sizzling noise.
Slowly, I opened my eyes, and saw water floating in the air right in front of me. As I lowered my hands, so did the water. I stood there frozen, as Sokka went over to pick up his spear thing, and poking Zuko in the head repeatedly until he let go.
Aang came rushing over to me. “You’re a water bender?!” he asked.
My mouth opened and closed, like a fish, while I slowly shook my head. “N-no! I don’t even know where I am!” I said.
I saw Sokka narrow his eyes at me. “You’re a water bender,” he said, “in Fire Nation clothing?”
I glared. “Don’t get me started on this outfit. I woke up wearing this thing! Someone changed me. And when I find out who, I’m gonna-“
“Listen,” Katara interrupted, “as much as I want to hear this wonderful story, I’d much rather leave before they get back up,” she said, referring to the soldiers on the floor of the ship.
Aang pulled me over to Appa, and tried to help me up, but I was frozen, admiring the massive creature.
“Wow...,” I breathed.
“Admire later, but now, we have to RUN!” Sokka shouted at me, grabbed my arm, and yanked me up.
I saw then that the people had gotten up, and was ready to fight again.
“Yip yip! Yip yip!” Sokka yelled, and Appa shot off into the sky. We looked back, and saw a ball of fire flying towards us. Aang jumped off of Appa, and landed in the water. We rushed to the side of the saddle, and looked down, waiting for something, anything, to happen.
Then, it did.
Aang came shooting up out of a funnel thing made of water, and his arrow tattoos and eyes were glowing a bright blue. We watched him destroy the Fire Nation ship, and then glide back over to us.
Everyone was silent, until I couldn’t hold it in anymore.
“That. Was. Awesome!”

“So...,” Katara started, looking at me.
I glanced up at her briefly, then quickly putting gaze back to the blue grave beneath us. “Yes?” I asked softly.
“Um... so you’re name is Sam,” she said, trying to break the tension.
“Yup. Or Sammy... it doesn’t matter as long as you don’t call me Samantha,” I said, my eyes still on the ocean below.
Sokka scoffed. “What kind name is ‘Samantha’?” he asked, looking confused.
Oh yea... different world, different culture, different names... Awesome.
I still glared at him though. “It’s my name. My family, uh, likes to make up names. Like, I have a brother named Daniel. We call him Danny though,” I told them.
Sokka raised his eyebrow. “See Katara? Water benders are weird,” he teased.
I got right in his face. “I told you. I’m not. A water bender.”
He shrunk back a little, and was about to respond, when Aang got in between us.
“Anyway... where are you from?” the monk asked.
“Um...,” I hesitated.
What was I suppose to say? The truth? That I fell from the sky into the ocean, only to be rescued by the guy who’s trying to capture them at this very moment?
“I’m from... Kangaroo Island?” It came out more of a question, but hey? Although I probably should’ve used something else, because doesn’t Aang use that place when they see King Bumi? Well crap...
“Cool! I bet that place is really hoppin’, huh? Huh?” Aang said, elbowing me in the ribs, waiting for me to laugh.
And I did.
Not because it was funny, just... oh, the irony.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments!! And, because of the comments, this story is back in action! Which means, that I will be updating as much as I can! Thanks for the support, it means a lot! And, if you are into Teen Titans, I have a fanfiction on that... And, when I'm done with the Teen Titans fanfic, I will be posting an original fiction...
So, check it out?
P.S.
So sorry that its shorter than usual... I just felt like it was a good stopping point before chapter 6..
xx