Status: In Progress

Not Another Teen Story

Chapter Seven

Alex Gaskarth

What Ian and I have is...complicated to say the least. No one outside of our main group of friends know that we are "seeing" each other, so you could imagine how uncomfortable it was to have Ian laying naked beside me in my bed while I tell him about how much my little neighbor wants him; especially after we just had the most amazing sex ever.

"No."

"Ian-"

"No."

"Babe-"

"Goddammit Alex! I said no! Sorry, but I'm not interested in him," Ian yelled, sitting upright in my bed, the sheets pooling around his waist. "Especially not when I'm falling for you," he whispered after, his eyes looking at his intertwining hands.

I immediately stood up; practically jumping out of the bed as if I had been burned.

"Don't you dare say that! It's always the same old fucking thing, Ian! You lay here cuddling me, telling me all about how much you care for me and need me, and yatta yatta yatta, but the moment I try to make whatever the fuck this is, serious, you're out of here and fucking some other fucking prick! Fuck you, Ian!" I screamed, spit flying out of my mouth, my hands clenching, and my face turning red.

"Alex..." Ian whimpered, causing my vision to refocus from its previous haze and settle on his blotchy, tear-stained face. Instantly my shoulders slumped, and I wasn't feeling quite guilty, just apologetic.

"Sorry," I murmured, getting back into the bed, my arms slowly wrapping around his waist, pulling him into me.

"I'm sorry, Alex....I just-I want us to be real...it's just that, I get scared. You mean so much to me and I don't want things to end badly between us, because you know that I cannot live without you..."

Sighing, I pulled Ian in closer, my lips kissing the top of his head every few moments. It was true; I'm all Ian depends on. I'm his mother, his father, his best friend, his everything. Without me, Ian would still be a lonely kid, spending his days hating himself and the world around him. And as arrogant as this sounds, I know I'm the reason for his smile.

"Alex...I love you-I'm in love with you, and you know that. I just can't afford to mess this up," Ian mumbled. He positioned himself so that his hands were on either side of my neck, his body was facing me and in my lap practically straddling me, and his wet eyes bore deep into mine.

I placed both my hands on his thin hips, loving the feel of them beneath my fingertips, and smiling widely.

"I love you, too," I whispered, my fingers squeezing his hips as I lent down and placed a sweet kiss on his lips.

"let's just try this out...just for my sake. Nothing bad will happen, I promise. No matter what, you'll always be my number one," I pleaded, my fingers tightening on his hips to keep him in place. This is always the part where he runs.

"Okay." My eyes widened dramatically, and I tackled him onto the end of the bed, yelling happily. I placed kisses on every inch of his skin that I could reach, whispering "i love you's" every once in a while, as he giggled madly.

I reached for his hand, intertwining our fingers as I kissed him ever-so-softly on his lips, watching as he blushed, smiling even wider than I was, if that was possible.

"So I was thinking...we should have sex for the first time as a couple. Now."