Status: A working progress

I Got Your Picture I'm Coming With You

Chapter 31

JACK'S POV

It was Cassie's fifteenth birthday today. Nathan had stayed over. I really didn't like them spending so much time together...I knew they were dating...hell I'd heard things I really did not want to hear from my daughter and her boyfriend, who happened to me one of my best friend's sons. No offence to Zack, but I guess I was just the protective dad.

Millie sat next to me as I sat in the patio. Lexie, Lisa, Vienna and Cassadee were all making Cassie's cake. The guys were inside watching a game. It was hard to believe nearing our fifties we were still the best of friends. But it was nice too, how everything had fell into place. Once we were all pondering how we had gotten this old. Alex had blamed it on Aliens. But then we remembered how lucky we were. Surprisingly Alex was a protective dad. We all knew his twins Harleigh and Freiya were getting closer and closer to my son Noah and Rian's son Jamie. It was only a matter of time before Harleigh and Noah would start to date, if Noah wouldn't be such a wimp and ask her out. But they were only thirteen so they had time. Noah may take after me in looks, but he definitely wasn't the same personality, he was much more reserved.

"Come on dad, what're you worrying about now?" My eighteen year old asked. God when had she gotten so old?

"Just thinking, you know me cookie, always thinking."

She giggled. "No dad, you're always acting first then thinking, remember?"

"Oh...yeah..."

Millie went serious when she saw my face. "You still worrying about Cassie?" I nodded, trying to hold back the tears. Millie put her arm around me. "Dad, it's okay, you don't have to be strong all the time. And you know what the doctors said, she's getting better. They caught it in time. She's gonna be okay, dad. She has Nathan. I still find it weird my half siblings are dating but he was the only one who wanted to take her to prom when her hair fell out. He's there for her. And she has all of us. She'll be okay dad, we all will."

I turned my head to my eldest daughter. I reflected on the past few years of my life, and smiled. There had been some real gut wrenching moments, but we had made it. We were a family. We would always pull through. And I was the luckiest guy in the world. Four best friends I still toured with, three kids and a beautiful wife I was as in love with as the first day I met her. Yeah, I was one lucky mother fucker.

I put my arm around Millie and pulled her close. "Yeah, you're right."
♠ ♠ ♠
OKay so that's the end and now i can start on my next fanfiction! Thanks for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry this is crap but my laptop deleted the first version I did :( I'll post the link to the next one with Alex Gaskarth on here!!! :D I LOVE YOU ALL

LINK to Let's Take A Moment To Reflect:
http://stories.mibba.com/read/456968/Lets-take-a-moment-to-reflect-on-the-past-few-years-of-our-lives/