It's in Your Face But You Can't Grab It

Epilogue

One year later...
"So you'll pick me up in thirty minutes then?" I asked Zacky over the phone, holding it between my shoulder and ear as I searched the fridge for pickles to satisfy my cravings.

"Yeah babe," he replied. I heard Matt yell at him from somewhere in the studio. I giggled a little. "Hey I got to go. You know how Matt can get sometimes when we're recording. But I'll see you later. I love you."

"Love you too." I heard the click on the other line telling me Zacky had hung up. I giggled again and pulled the jar of pickles from the fridge. I placed it on the counter and looked down at my stomach. I rubbed it lightly smiling softly to myself. Yes, I'm pregnant again with another son. Six and a half months.

I walked to the living room with my pickle in hand and eased myself down into a chair. In thirty minutes, Zacky would be coming home from recording and we would go pick up Vivica and Damion from preschool. This was their first year and school and they're both doing quite well. Getting along with all the kids, understanding the material they're being taught. I now know what it feels like to be a mother proud of her children's scholastic achievements.

As far as being attacked randomly and being threatened to be murdered, well, that has actually stopped. It's almost unbelievable in a way. But trust me, I don't miss any of that even the slightest bit.

Before I knew it, the front door was being opened. I looked up over the top of the chair and smiled seeing Zacky had walked in. I guess I was so caught up in my thoughts that I lost track of time.

Zacky rushed over to me and helped me up before I could do it myself. He smiled sweetly at me and took my hand in his, brought it to his lips and kissed my knuckles. "Ready?" he asked after pulling me into a hug, being careful of my stomach.

I pecked his lips. "Yup." He laced his fingers with mine and led me out to the car.

We drove the short distance to the kids' preschool talking about Avenged's new album they were working. Of course, Zacky wouldn't tell me too much. Zacky parked in front of the school and got out of the car. He ran over to my side and opened the door, gently helping me out afterward.

"You know I'm not completely helpless don't you?" I questioned him jokingly.

Zacky shrugged. "Fine I won't help you anymore then."

I pouted. "But I like you helping me!" We both started laughing at how immature I was acting.

We heard the front doors of the school open and saw the usual pack of twenty or so preschoolers streaming out the front door, ushered by their teachers. Vivica and Damion came charging toward us, their backpacks flying out behind them.

"Mommy! Daddy!" they shouted in unison. They both hugged us in turn. Then, they both put their hands on my stomach.

I smiled warmly down at them as they tried to feel the baby kick. After a few minutes they both stepped away, scowling at my stomach.

"What are those looks for?" Zacky asked them amused.

Damion looked up at him and whined, "He wouldn't kick for us!"

Zacky and I shared a look then I returned my gaze back to the kids. "Maybe he's just sleeping. I'm sure when he wakes up he'd be happy to kick for you two."

They're faces brightened suddenly, obviously satisfied with that answer. They both giggled then ran to their sides of the car. Zacky helped them both into their seats as I carefully returned to mine. He then closed the back door and got in the driver's seat. I looked over at him and smiled. He returned it, leaned over the seat and kissed me lightly.

"Ew! Cooties!" Vivica and Damion shouted together laughing. Zacky and I chuckled at how innocent they were. As soon as we calmed down, Zacky put the car in gear and headed home. Our family's home.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's it! I know this story took forever, and I apologize. I should have definitely planned it better than I did. But, that's all for this story and I hope you like it (even though I personally think it's not that great).

The neglectful but sorry author,
M. Vengeance