Road to Dreams

Somethings never change

When the RV pulled up and out walks….Ryan Dungey long time friend of my brother Chad. I was beyond happy to see him since it has been a long time for me since I’m always on the go doing photoshoots and flying to different extreme sports events.
He walks on to Chad and says, “ CHAD!! It’s been too long since I’ve been at your family’s place. It hasn’t changed a bit at all except the track you guys practice on. Is that….”
I walked up to both of em talkin and with a Texan accent “Hey Ryan. Fancy seeing you coming through showin your face in these parts since you’re always on the go.”
Chad walked away to get his bike from the barn. We don’t have farm animals just lots and lots of toys for us to play with in our backyard.
“Well isn’t that Miss Sammi herself. I haven’t seen you since probably the Daytona Supercross Race a couple months past. Too bad we couldn’t hang out since we were both so busy with everything that weekend. So what have you been up to little lady anything exciting?”
The thing is I’ve always had a tiny crush on Ryan since I met him three years ago at an amateur race since Chad and Ryan used to race together. Getting to know him we’ve always flirted but nothing has happened since he had a serious girlfriend but that has changed.
I replied, “I know I wanted to say something when we were in Daytona but I was so busy doing autographs and pictures. Along with I knew it was your hometown area so family and friends were going to come. I did though talk to your sister Katie for a while when I ran into her when I actually had time to watch the races. Umm…lets see what’s new with me…about to fly to California in a few days to sign a contract and then I’ll be on the road for most of the summer. What’s new with you…I’ve heard lots of things from many different people.”
Ryan has always joked with me and while making faces at Chad he says, “I know I know it was hometown area for me but STILL I would have wanted you to come and see me. I feel like we never get to hang out or see each other except maybe at KTM events that we are both at. Oh you talked to Katie that sounds like scary news for me to hear because she always tells me how much she loves seeing you and talking with you. You are going to California to sign a new contract what kind of contract? Oh shit you heard lots of things from people well…I can tell you my girlfriend Ann and I broke up and we are no more and you oh course know I was crowned 2011 Supercross Champion in my heat.”
Chad revved his engine at Ryan to tell him stop talking to my sister and let’s go ride. I knew this was the case because Chad always looked out for me being the only girl in our family and the chemistry Ryan and I have had in the past. I gave Chad a nod and looked at Ryan giving him the okay to go out and ride.
Ryan spoke quickly before running to the trailer “Sammi we will talk later. Looks like somebody wants to stop the talking.”
As Ryan grabbed his gear and bike to meet up with Chad on the track of jumps and all. I thought to myself it’s so nice having Ryan back here and Chad here since he lives an hour away and only comes when he wants to ride. I proceed back into the house where my mom was just talking with my dad about maybe grilling out since it was such a nice May afternoon. It wasn’t the normal weather in May it was a tad bit warmer and I thought to myself tonight would be perfect for a bonfire night. Maybe invite a bunch of friends over from the area of my parents house/Chad’s place/and my place, have music, smores, and some scary ghost stories or funny stories from the past.
I look back at my phone on the kitchen counters to see if I have any missed phone calls, voicemails or text messages and it looks like I was gone too long. My phone has red all over it and one important voicemail I had to listen to. It was from my agent Mike telling me my plans for California in 3 days and also how he was stoked to get some stuff done while I am there. I didn’t really care if I had emails to check unless they were important I had time to check them later. This time I was focused on texting everybody in my phone from the Michigan or Indiana area that would be down for a little party with a bonfire. I send out a mass text message to over 75 people hoping somebody would be down for this. It turns out most of my friends were down for this along with Chad and Ryan.