Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 26

The next morning I woke up before everyone else, I got up went tithe bathroom and then pulled the blind back a little more; it was nice and sunny, it was fresh for now but it looked like it would be nice and hot in an hour or two; the advantages of autumn. The room Sebastien and I had slept in had a breath taking view of the lake and since it was early everything out there was completely still, but then Sebastien started to stir reminding me that I wasn't the only person in the room and bringing me back into reality.

I decided to head down stairs and see what food we had; even though I know we had plenty because everyone's parents insisted we go grocery shopping. I decided that I'd make everyone scrabbled eggs and bacon on toast. As I was preparing everything Sebastien, Pat, Jeff and Belle came down the stairs "what're you doing?" asked Jeff staring at me a little title confused,
"I'm making everyone breakfast" I replied with a smile,
"huh breakfast?" asked David rubbing his eyes as he came down stairs.
"I'll go get whoever else is up I guess" said Belle as she turned towards the stairs and headed upstairs.

I started on cooking the food, and everyone else sat around the counter talking except for Sebastien who was sitting on the couch looking for Saturday morning cartoons on the tv.

"morning you lot!" I said as I turned around to find Kayleigh, Pierre, Chuck and Kailyn, "mhm morning" they groaned obviously wondering how I was so chirpy this morning.

"hey Pat put the toast down, and can someone get out some plates please" I instructed grabbing the two pans I had on the stove top and placing them on the counter. The toast popped and everyone started attacking the food,
"Hey Seb, your girlfriend is a good cook!" said David as he took a bite of his food,
"maybe you should tell her that instead of telling her boyfriend" retorted Sebastien dryly,
"oh yeah Jess you're a good cook" David said turning to me with a big grin on his face,
"well thank you" I replied before grabbing some food for myself.

"so do you like the view?" Kayleigh Asked as she washed the dishes with the help of Belle and Kailyn as I stood there staring out the window onto the lake. It was honestly beautiful.
"yeah I do, it's honestly breathtaking," I said with a smile, eagerly wanting to go outside but I figured I'd wait till everyone was done.

I sat and watched the loony tunes for a little with Sebastien, constantly laughing at how the roadrunner always outsmarts the Kyote, it never ceased to make me laugh no matter how stupid the skit was.

"hey anyone want to go for swim?" asked Kayleigh as she ran downstairs, "I'm in!" yelled Pierre,
"hell yeah!" yelled David running in from the patio and upstairs,
"you coming Sebby?" I asked offering my hand once I was up,
"I guess" he responded with a shrug, while taking my hand and then pulling me upstairs to our room to get changed.

I grabbed my bikini out of my bag and went to the bathroom and changed, "hey Seb do you think you could tie this for me?" I asked holding the back of my bikini top together; I could tie it but it needed to be tighter.
"umm you sure?" Seb asked cautiously,
"really?" I asked looking at him with one of my eyebrows raised making him reluctantly get up and come tie my top. As he was doing so his hand brushed the edge of my neck sending shivers down my spine in the best way possible, but I ignored the sensation.
"thank you" I said turning around with a smile,
"you know you’re incredibly beautiful right?" Sebastien complimented making me blush,
"you two coming or what?" asked Pat as he stuck his head into the room. "yeah we're coming right now" Sebastien replied grabbing my hand and walking down stairs.

Kayleigh had already grabbed a pile of towels and placed then on the edge of the balcony for everyone, so we all stood by the edge of the lake trying to decide who wanted to get in first.

"is that a tyre swing?" I asked as I look past Jeff and Belle to a tyre dangling off a tree, and then just a rope a few metres up.
"yeah it is" answered Kayleigh but I had already gone up there, "Jess what're you doing?" asked Chuck,
"well rope, tree, lake, get the picture?"
"yeah but none of us have done that in a while!" said Belle looking at me like I was insane,
"you lot mightn't have but I did this not long ago, come on!" I said as I checked the rope was tied and sturdy enough to take my weight.

I then grabbed a good grip, took a little run up and swung and jumped into the lake laughing all the way. I resurfaced from under the water with a big smile on my face, "GET IN ITS ACTUALLY WARM!" I shouted back to everyone as they stood there looking at me as if I was crazy.

"IM NOT LYING!" I yelled again but they continued to look at me,
"WOULD I LIE TO YOU?" I asked looking at them, Kayleigh just looked at me, "okay, would I lie to you Sebastien?" I tried, and next thing I new Sebastien had grabbed the rope and there was a big splash not far from me before he surfaced next to me.
"she's right it's nice!" Sebastien shouted back to everyone before starting to tickle me,
"SEB STOP!" I said while in fits of laughter,
"the water isn't THAT warm" he whispered into my ear, "you lied" he teased, "what you going to do about it?" I asked as I moved to somewhere I could stand, "this" he said with a cheeky grin before kissing me passionately.

There was a big splash sending water our way making us break apart and look over in the direction of our group of friends disapprovingly; turns out Pierre, Chuck and Jeff had decided to all cannon ball in to the lake, and since there was three of them they made a pretty big splash. The boys resurfaced and high-fived before moving out of the way, Kayleigh grabbed the tyre swing and swung on it till she was out far enough to jump into the water safely. David, Pat, Kailyn and belle still hadn't jumped in and Kailyn had a worried look on her face; she knew it was safe and had done it plenty of times before but she just seemed nervous.

Belle and Pat jumped in and then David, Kailyn stood there still nervous but David smiled at her warmly motioning her to grab the rope; which she did and then swung into the lake right near David; David giving her a crushing hug once she resurfaced, making her smile. I snapped out of noticing this detail when I copped a massive wave of water from right beside me, I turned to find Kayleigh and Jeff both splashing me big time,
"oh I see how it is" I said smirking,
"see how what is?" Kayleigh asked innocently, but I sent a big splash of water their way before getting on my back and kicking rapidly in their direction sending flurry's of water at both of them. Making everyone laugh,
"bet you didn't see that one coming now did ya?" I asked laughing.

We spend the next two hours in the water yelling, screaming and splashing at each other, not to mention being picked up by the boys and dropped into the water or sitting on each others shoulders trying to push one another off.

"okay I'm gonna get out now before it starts getting cold" I said moving towards the edge if the lake to find where we'd put our towels,
"that sounds like a good idea and some lunch would be nice", agreed Sebastien, picking me up around my waist and spinning my around pulling me back into the water making us both laugh. Everyone eventually got out and we all wrapped ourselves in towels before running back to the house to get some food and have showers.

"so is anyone else hungry?" asked Pierre,
"yeah I could go for some food" replied Jeff and everyone else agreed.
"If I remember correctly I saw a maccas when we drove in last night" I suggested,
"maccas?" asked Chuck confused,
"umm Jess, what hell is a maccas?" asked Kayleigh as everyone looked at me confused,
"maccas... As in McDonalds?" I offered, making everyone go "Ohhh" but still look at me confused as to why I had called it maccas,
"I'm going to go with, saying maccas is a an Aussie thing..." I said trailing off while they all still stated at me.

"anyway McDonald's" Pat said emphasising the term McDonald's,
"How about a few of us quickly go down and get food and come back?" he suggested, "good idea, a few of us can have showers too while you're gone" Kayleigh suggested.

Pat, Chuck and Jeff pulled shirts on, took everyone's orders and the went out to the car. "Can I shower first, I promise I'll only be 10 minutes" I pleaded with Sebastien; he knew I didn't take too long in the shower, "yeah whatever you like" he said sending me upstairs. I had a shower and went to get changed but then realized I had forgotten to bring my clothes into the bathroom with me. I wrapped a towel around me; even though I had underwear on underneath, in the prospect that someone may accidentally come into the room while I was in there. I rummaged through my bag deciding on a pair on a pair of training shorts and a t-shirt; it was still warm for now so when it gets cold later I could come back up and get changed.

"oh crap you're getting changed, I'm sorry" Sebastien said nervously as he entered the room starting to slowly back out,
"no it's okay I can change in the bathroom" I said with a smile,
"I was just coming to get you to let you know the boys are back with the food and to come down," he said turning back towards the door,
"okay then" I said as he left the room and headed back downstairs.

I quickly got changed and headed downstairs, grabbing what food was mine off the counter and sitting on the floor with my back against the lounge while everyone else sat on the lounges.
"you realise there's room ON the couches" said Pat being a smart ass and pointing out All the room, "I know, I just like the floor" I responded turning my attention to my food.

"hey are there any cards around?" I asked as I got up and searched through a cupboard which had board games and videos in it.
"here catch" said Kayleigh throwing me a deck of cards,
"why do you want cards anyway?" asked David,
"CARD HOUSE!" I yelled excitedly, "David if you come near it and knock it over; God help you!" I warned him as I sat down in the middle of the room.

"can I help?" asked Kailyn,
"grab a deck of cards! Just like I told David, DON'T knock it over" I said as I started to build my card house. When I was almost done David came and sat down on the floor next to Kailyn and I making the rug move and both mine and Kailyn’s card houses fall.

"David.." I grumbled standing up, and David jumped up and ran away from us as both kailyn and I chased him threatening to kill him. As we ran; chasing David, Seb came down the stairs and we almost knocked him over,

"WOAH CALM DOWN" he said taking a step back as we pursued David,
"wait why are they both chasing David?" Seb asked confused as we ran past him in obvious pursuit of David
"HE KNOCKED OVER OUR CARD HOUSES!" I yelled as we chased him out onto the balcony,
"explains a lot" he said thoughtfully chuckling to himself as we chased David in around the "backyard" area, and everyone came out onto the back balcony to watch.

I had to admit, keeping pace with David wasn't exactly easy, not that he was one for sports; I guess all the jumping around with a bass guitar in his arms had paid off, but eventually after a few near misses on him, I jumped and caught him around his knees
"ha ha got you!" I yelled as Kailyn jumped on top of him making sure he couldn't move,
"all this over a card house?" asked Jeff slightly stunned over our efforts to get David,
"YES!" Kailyn yelled back, as she got off David allowing him to get up, I got off him and we both hit him on the shoulder,
"ow" he complained rubbing both arms,
"quit complaining you pussy" I told him but he just pouted at me,
"awe David it's okay," Kailyn said hugging him making David smile, while I smiled smugly to myself thinking about the prospect of these two in the future.
"still hate you for knocking over my card house when I was SO close to being done." I scoffed as I stood there watching the two of them share a hug, "question, do you two...?" I asked in a hushed voice implying that they like each other, when they’d finished their hug.
"what? No" said Kailyn nervously,
"no no, you've got it wrong" said David just as nervously,
"aha okay sure" I said not really believing either of them as I walked back towards the house , if they didn't want to admit it now; they're only going to end up admitting it eventually.

"you two are crazy" said Chuck as we walked back into the house,
"tell them something they don’t already know" said Pat, making me hit him, "its okay you’re not crazy to me" said Sebastien putting his arm around me as we went and sat down on the couch,
"hey I warned him not to knock over my card house" I said to Chuck and Pat making them laugh while David just grumbled,
"hey I DID warn you" I said looking over at him,
"aww Jess and Kailyn took down David" teased Pat,
"oh shut up you" David grumbled at him,
"its okay David" said Kailyn sitting down next to him, and I just looked at them while they both avoided my stare,
"I have to admit though, he can run. David, you almost out ran me, I never realised you were that fit" I admitted,
"ah thanks?" he said,
"you’re boyfriend is sitting right here" Sebastien interrupted sticking his arm in the air making us all laugh,
"I know sweetie" I said kissing him quickly on the cheek before relaxing into his arm.

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV and playing a board game, and then began to prepare dinner; we'd agreed on just having a bbq so the boys set up the bbq while we sliced some potatoes to go on the bbq and a salad big enough for us all to have some. After dinner we all washed up the dishes and had all gotten changed into warmer clothes as it was quite cold now that it was dark.

"Hey Seb, you remember when we were little and came up here and it was cold and our parents would..." started Pierre,
"...would set up a bonfire outside" said Sebastien smiling,
"I remember that!" said Kayleigh, while I just looked at them wondering what they were on about.
"well if I remember correctly I think we brought marshmallows with us" said Jeff,
"oh and we have some chocolate covered biscuits.." said Belle,
"SMORES!" I yelled excitedly interrupting belle, and everyone just looked at me; "what? We don't make s'mores that often back home, actually we never make them. It's not much of an Aussie thing" I explained making them understand why I was so excited.
"right, so Bonfire?!" asked Kayleigh excitedly looking at the Sebastien and Pierre,
"I think it sounds like a good idea" said Sebastien getting up and wandering over to the back door.

"Hey you lot can come out now, we've got the fire going" said Jeff sticking his head inside from outside; Kayleigh grabbed the two packets of marshmallows and I grabbed the biscuits and went outside; sitting around the fire.

"hold on I'll be back" said Seb after a few minutes; running inside; before he could return Jeff and David ran inside after him and they all returned with their guitars in their hands. We melted marshmallows and made smores, and the boys played a couple of songs while jammed around the bonfire.

"anyone up for a game of truth Or dare?" asked Pat as we were sitting there, "that's only going to end up a game of dare or dare" pointed out Chuck,
"very true" said Pierre,
"how about we get a bottle" suggested Jeff shrugging,
"how about spin the bottle?" suggested David looking at Kailyn and she shied away.
"I was more thinking of that bottle of vodka to so I wouldn't have to remember what dares any of us end up doing, but sure spin the bottle" Jeff said chuckling.

"CAN I SPIN CAN I SPIN" asked David excitedly,
"Hold on let's all swap places so this can be remotely fair" I suggested; we all got up and sat down,
"okay rule: you refuse to kiss take a shot of tequila" said Pierre holding out a bottle of tequila,
"what? It was inside stashed away, I don't see anyone noticing its gone" he said as we all looked at him dumbfounded as to where the tequila had come from, but nonetheless everyone agreed. David spun the first time and it landed on Pat,
"I'm sorry David I love you but no. Not happening" Pat protested,
"Pour him some tequila!" I instructed Pierre, and Pat swallowed his shot quickly before Pierre had even poured out David's shot. Pat spun it and it landed on Kayleigh who both got up and shared a quick peck before sitting down, Kay spun and it landed on Sebastien,
"Pierre hand over the tequila please" he said stretching out his hand,
“Yep one here too" Kayleigh said as Pierre thankfully handed over the shot to both of them.

Seb spun and it landed on me, "now this I won't contest" he said grinning as he came over and kissed me passionately,
"Guys the rule is to kiss you really DON'T need to completely make out" said Pat making us giggle as Seb went and sat back down.

I spun the bottle and it landed on Jeff, we got up and shared a short soft kiss before sitting back down. Jeff ended up kissing Belle next which made he Belle blush; I have to admit it was one heck of a kiss. Belle spun and it landed on Chuck who then land on Kailyn. Kailyn then spun it and it landed on David, they both smirked and then got up and shared a very passionate kiss.

"um Kailyn you Come here for a sec" I said pulling her away from everyone. "oh yeah you don't like him at all now do you?" I asked looking at her with my eyebrows raised,
"no I don't, well I don't know, maybe a tiny bit." she admitted
"aha sure, I can tell he likes you back a little anyways" I said with a chuckle, "HEY ! You two get back here! The bottle is half way between your spot and Pat, PLEASE don't make me kiss him" Chuck yelled at us.
“HEY! I'm a great kisser!" yelled Pat making us all laugh,
"I'm not doubting that but when you're letting me choose between you and one of the girls, I'll take the girls thanks" Chuck said as we continued to sit there in laughter.

Within half an hour of starting the game, we were all a little tipsy from refusing to kiss certain people, it was pretty funny, mind you we had finished the bottle between us. We ended up back in side with the heating on playing the card game "Bulshit" and Pierre found a bottle of Alize which combined with Lemonade; or as they call it here Sprite or Lemon-Lime Soda, tastes really good. It was decided that If you get caught out bulshitting you not only take the pile of cards but also have to take a sip of your drink.

At midnight we all called it quits and headed upstairs to bed. I tripped up the stairs a few times making myself laugh at my stupidity, and Sebastien help me back up; not that he was any use since he had had just as much to drink as I had. I finally made it to the bed and fell right on top of the bed before slowly climbing my way to the top of the bed and then tried to get under the sheets.

"Jess you realise you're getting into bed with all your clothes still on." Sebastien asked me as he got under the covers; even though we'd drank around the same amount, he could hold it better than me; being a boy and being bigger than me so alcohol didn't effect him as quickly as it did me.
"oh umm right, guess I can sleep like this then" I said shrugging, attempting to get under the covers,
"want some help?" He asked looking at me, and I nodded.

He pulled back the covers allowing me to easily get in,
"are you sure you don't want to get out of those clothes?" Sebastien asked again looking at me, "I mean you've still got jeans on" he said once I was in the bed,
"should probably take them off" I said realising he was right, but I couldn't get them off,
"you want some help?" he asked and I nodded.

He helped me get the jeans off under the covers, and then threw them off the bed, and kissing me on the cheek. "Thank you" I said kissing him softly before taking my jumper off then lifting his arm and snuggling next to him letting his arm drape around my waist while we slept spooning.

The next morning when I woke up I was in a little of a panic because I no longer had a shirt, nor pants on; only my undies and bra on, and a splitting headache. I rolled over and Sebastien was there still asleep without a shirt on, but I mean he always slept without a shirt on. I got up went to the bathroom and returned to find Sebastien sitting in bed awake,
"oh umm, sorry, let me find a shirt" I said as I remembered I was still walking around in underwear and a bra,
"it's okay, it's the same as you walking around in your bikini yesterday" he said with a smile, as I walked over and sat in the bed next to him,
"wait we didn't?" I asked as I realised that we had both slept only in our underwear,
"no we didn't, I helped you out of your jeans and that's it" he said
“are you sure? I mean I had definitely had enough to drink” I asked again
“positive. Trust me I don’t think we would have ANY clothes on this morning had that happened last night” he said making me sigh out of relief
“someone sounds thankful” he said scoffing a little
“its not that its just that, I’d like to remember it had it happened and I evidently don’t remember what happened once we go up here” I said rolling my eyes, “I just mean I would like to remember, and it not be some stupid drunken thing that happened” I said moving closer to him resting my head on my shoulder has he put his arm around me.

we were sitting there for a few moments when there was a knock on the door, “umm hold on let us get dressed!” Sebastien yelled out looking at me to put a shirt on or something as I jumped up to find something to put on.
“umm wait neither of you are dressed?” asked Patrick sounding a little confused, and then whispering to whoever else was next to him,
“just in the middle of getting dressed, give us a moment” Seb said chucking me a shirt and a pair of shorts as I ran into the bathroom.
“what do you mean you two are getting dressed?” I heard Patrick ask Sebastien, as I pulled the shirt and shorts on
“what do you think ‘getting dressed’ means you idiot. We were getting dressed” said Sebastien
“aha…” I heard Patrick mumble,
“we did NOT…” I heard Sebastien defend quickly as I flushed the toilet to make it seem as if I hadn’t just run into the bathroom and then turning on the tap to wash my hands

"Morning Pat" I said as I walked out of the bathroom, finding Pat standing there talking to Sebastien in rapid French which I didn't understand a word of. I mean I caught words here and there but between this headache and how fast they were talking I had no idea what was happening.
"Hi, you seem pretty awake considering the way you came upstairs last night" Pat said chuckling,
"Shut up Patrick I have a splitting headache and I would appreciate it if you would shut up"
"Well if you would appreciate it then I'll just keep talking" he said laughing obviously intending to piss me off,
"hey you sound like you need some pain killers lets go downstairs" Seb said taking my hand,
"and for the last time Pat, we did NOT" Sebastien insisted before pushing pat out the door.

As we walked to the stairs I noticed that Jeff and Belle were in a room together instead of Kailyn being in there with her. I went down stairs and Seb handed me two pain killers and a glass of water, "Thank you" I said accepting it before swallowing the pain killers hoping they would come into effect soon, before Kayleigh handed me a slice of toast and some jam.

"There any Nutella?" I asked looking at the jam jar deciding that Nutella would be better, "ah yeah hold on" Kayleigh said looking through the pantry and finding me some Nutella. Once we ate we were chilling around in the lounge room when David and Kailyn eventually decided to come down stairs even though it was almost midday. I noticed they were holding hands at the top of the stairs but then dropped it once they noticed everyone would be able to see. Once they were done eating and had joined us as we played video games in the lounge room I decided we needed to talk.

"Kailyn, Kayleigh, Belle; can we talk upstairs for a moment?" I asked, they all shrugged and willingly got up not objecting.
"What's up?" Kayleigh asked once I shut the door, and I looked at Kailyn, "What?" she asked, "you know exactly what" i said looking at her raising my eyebrows,
"ummm" she said trying to avoid the eye of either one of us,
"So belle did Kailyn sleep in the bed next to you last night, or did Jeff?" I asked looking at Belle, and Kailyn shot a warning look over to Belle,
"okay, when I said nothing was happening yesterday I lied, we ended up sleeping together last night" Kailyn admitted looking at me,
"wait what?" asked Kayleigh,
"wait you SLEPT together, or you slept in the same bed next to each other?" I asked trying to work out what had happened, "because I mean you both had drank a bit and well David..." I said not finishing the question,

"HOLD UP A SEC!" said Kayleigh, making me realise that she had probably not seen or been told anything that had been happening and was pretty much out of the loop.
"Oh yeah, Kay, well Kailyn here and David yeah that's about it" I answered, "and no we didn’t SLEEP together, we may have well made out a little but that was it," Kailyn defended,
"Wait what?" asked Kayleigh again,
"So are you two?" Asked Belle,
"Yeah I guess, we were talking most of the night even though it was mostly drunken talk" Kailyn said,
"So that's it?" asked Kayleigh sounding a little astounded,
"Come on Kayleigh, calm down, take a breath" Belle told her as i moved towards the door,
"But come on David can be such a slut" said Kayleigh still trying to get her head around it all,
"He's no slut," defended Kailyn, "not while he's with me THAT's for sure. that boy is dead should he whore around and he knows that" Kailyn said making us all laugh because we knew she was being completely serious.

"Everything alright?" asked Sebastien as I sat back down next to him on the couch, "perfectly fine" I assured him, "umm did you know..." Sebastien whispered into my ear, but before he could finish I just nodded and then kissed his cheek. We had lunch outside and then spent the rest of the afternoon having a little party; blasting music and playing board games, and Kailyn and David were being pretty cute towards each other and slyly holding hands when possible.

"Do we have to leave?" I asked on Monday after we'd had lunch; there was a staff day at school so we had the day off.
"Yep" said Sebastien as he turned the TV off and everyone went upstairs to get their bags
“But I don’t want to” I whined, “it means we have to go to school tomorrow, can’t we just stay here” I asked as we went to grab out bags
“I don’t want to go either, but it was nice while it lasted” Sebastien said shrugging
“You guys ready?” asked Kayleigh
“Unfortunately” I sighed,
“Hey I know we have to go back to school, but I mean there’s more weekends and more time to not do our school work” she teased
“Shut up, not like you do half of it anyway” I teased her
“I do so, I do well and that’s all that matters” she said matter-of-factly,

“Come on, guess we better get going then” I said to Sebastien picking up my bag before he could get to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
unfortunately long ass chapters mean bigger gaps between updates due to school. but leave me feedback on what you're thinking :)