Status: in progess :)

Everybody Hurts Some Days

introduction chapter.

The breeze of the summer air tickled her nose. Honeysuckles, blooming, and wildflowers. She was almost at peace. Almost.

The booming voice brought her out of the daydream she’d almost be in. He was drunk, like always.

Chaley ducked behind a set of bushes beside her and let her emerald green eyes scan over the tipping man she disgracefully called her step father. His sloppy eyes drowsily went around the empty yard and he took another gulp from the long neck bottle in his hand.

“where are you, ya’ little brat?” by the slur of his words you could tell just how drunk he was. He steped off the porch and looked more closely around the yard, “I know you’re out here, don’t you think I’m stupid now, or I’ll go making you stupid!”

Chaley’s eyes wandered to the glass bottle in his hand. She picked up the sharpest rock nearest to her, drew back her arm and hoped for her softball aim to have some sort of effect in her throw as the rock flew from her hands and hit his. It sliced across his hand and the bottle slipped from his fingers and crashed against the cement. Chaley’s green eyes showed all kind of happiness.

“you little!” he picked up a long, sharp piece of the glass and charged her way.

“Marcus what are you- CHALEY!” her mother shot towards her step father. He swung around and the glass greeted Chaley’s mothers side.


Chaley woke in a cold sweat, screaming for her mother to stop what she was doing and run but she knew that was years behind her. She slapped the alarm clock and got out of bed. She started off with a short and simple shower, doing whatever she needed to do before getting out and tying back her hair in a loose bun. She dressed in sweats, a shirt two sizes too big that fell off her shoulder and a pair of black TOMS.

Chaley looked at her reflection in the mirror; she was officially withdrawn from the world. Her face pale, her cheeks tearstained, and her emerald eyes were puffy. She shook her head and rubbed away whatever evidence of crying she could and grabbed her bag.

As she walked through the doors of her high school, all eyes hit her. And she immediately ducked away and hid her face in the locker she hurriedly opened. Pity, she thought. That’s what everyone gave her and she was sick of it. She was a person who didn’t like to associate, everyone thought it was weird, after all she’d be through, but that was the way she liked it.

“Hey Chaley” she stared into the eyes of a tall, built senior with striking blue eyes and shaggy blonde hair smiled in her direction and she averted her gaze from him. Matthew Morgan, captain of the football team and number one heartbreaker of the school, “I have a question so hang on a second!” he pleaded chasing after her. She only sped up her pace, until jumped in front of her and she ran slap into his rock hard chest. Chaley stumbled backward but he steady her and smiled softly. “Can you help me with our Math 1 class? I’m struggling and if I don’t get this class passed, I’m kicked off the team”

Chaley stared at him, as if he had three heads, the last time he used that line it was on Miranda Justice, miss goody two shoes that lost her reputation when he got into her pants at a party last year. Now she was the school’s slut. Chaley only shook her head quickly and moved around him, leaving Matthew fuming.

-

After school she shoved everything out of her locker and into a trash can. Summer time, the BEST part of the year. Chaley picked up everything else and walked to the parking lot. She was exhausted, but she knew that there was still a crap load of stuff to do.

Chaley swerved out of the exited the parking lot swiftly, and went to the Town’s diner. She pulled her long brown hair back into a messy bun as she waited patiently at a stop light. After minutes of driving, she pulled into a small place called ‘Kim’s place.’ She climbed out of the car and pushed loose baby hairs back with a thin metal head band.

She pulled open the door and placed herself in a corner booth alone. A woman in her mid-thirties stepped in front of her and Chaley looked up.

“Hi Chaley, is it the usual today?” she questioned.

Chaley bobbed her head in answer and before she could comprehend the movements of her eyes. They landed on a tall, dark haired figure walking through the door. He was gorgeous. Almost perfect. With his perfectly in shape body, squared jaw, cute droopy eyes, and light skin.

“Who is that?” Chaley whispered to the waitress, who smiled, looking over his way.

“That’s our town’s star, Josh Hutcherson, the one who plays Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? subscriptions? :)