Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

The New Old Friendship

December 24th, 2011
Saturday Morning
Location: Drew’s Room
6:34 AM


His plump, fresh lips met mine again. This time it was more intense. His flexible tongue broke through my numb lips, feeling every corner inside my mouth. I pushed him back, making sure that we weren’t touching, and then leaned in again, making sure I took my time and made him wait for me.

He groaned gruffly, obviously showing how impatient he was. I giggled and pressed my exhausted mouth against his. He puckered his lips, making it impossible for me not to bite them. I opened my mouth and softly sunk my teeth in his lower lip, pulling him towards me.

I could feel him tense and suck in a breath, trying to show that he wasn’t going to give into my game. He moved his hands graciously over my body, ultimately deciding to wrap his fingers around my thighs. My eyes fluttered open as he lifted me up so that my legs were resting on his arms.

He roughly worked his way over by the door and positioned me so that I was pushed up against the wall. His lips moved over to my jaw line and down to my neck. I laughed as he licked my soft spot. He chuckled as well and decided to bite me, compelling me to scream. “Stop! Stop!” I said.

He grinned in satisfaction and moved his mouth towards my tank top, moving his nose over my strap to try and take it off. I rolled my eyes in his inadequate attempt and pulled off my tank top. He kissed my bellybutton softly, tickling me and making me jump. He directed his nose towards my bra, suggesting for me to take off another piece of fabric.

~~*~~

I lay in his arms, feeling his bare chest against mine. We were under the covers, the warmth radiating over me. Although my eyes were closed, I could feel him looking down at me.

“I love you, Drew Wethers,” he said, his voice sounding soft and vulnerable.

I smiled. He had never said that before. I opened my eyes to look at him.

“I love you too, Drake Dowling," I whispered..

Wait, Drake?


~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~
6:46 AM
I bolted out of bed, panting like a dog in the scorching summer sun. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and carefully got out of bed, trying to avoid waking Rose up. I jumped when she mumbled a couple of words, but then realized she was sleeping.

How was I going to be able to look at Drake without thinking about that dream? I hadn’t even done anything with him and I felt like I had cheated on Pacey. It was bad enough that Drake was staying with us for a couple of days. I felt so guilty for that unrealistic sexual encounter. It was like my mind had lost its virginity.

~~*~~
“Morning Drew,” Drake said as he walked into the kitchen. I bounced into the air as I was pouring myself a glass of orange juice and spilled it all over the counter.

“Oh, sorry to have scared you,” he said huskily. He sounded like he had just woken up.

“Would you like some coffee?” I asked, already getting out the donut shop flavored coffee k cup to put into the Keurig.

“Yes, thanks,” he said, sitting down on one of the island stools.

“So how was your sleep?” I asked. I pulled a green mug out from the cabinet and set it under the Keurig coffee machine. The liquid poured out slowly, but steadily.

“It was good, although I couldn’t sleep because your floor is quite uncomfortable,” he mumbled.

“I’m sorry! You could sleep on the couch out here!” I offered, handing him his coffee and taking a bite from my cream cheese bagel.

Drake took a sip of coffee and sighed. “No, it’s fine. I feel like too much of a burden as is,” he said politely.

“You’re not a burden!” I reassured him. “I…We love having you here!” I corrected myself.

He smiled. “Thanks. But don’t worry; I’ll be out in a couple of days any way. It’s been amazing these past couple of days here. Your parents are possibly the nicest people I’ve ever met; Aside from you, of course,” he complimented. I became flustered as my cheeks turned into the color of Christmas lights.

“Hey, I have to get a couple of last minute presents today. Would you like to come with me? No one is up, so you’d be all alone for at least a couple of hours,” he bribed. I grinned shyly.

“No, I shouldn’t. Thanks for asking, but I don’t want you to feel like you have to baby sit me,” I resisted.

Drake sighed and shook his head. “You’re ridiculous, you know that? No, I want you to go with me. I hate going to the store alone. It kind of freaks me out,” he confessed. I gulped down my orange juice and set the empty glass in the sink.

“Fine, I’ll go with you. Just give me fifteen minutes to fix this mess,” I said, motioning towards me.

“You are definitely not a mess Drew,” he said. I laughed in embarrassment. Drake was deftly clever, yet sweet. I loved that about him. But if he was going to try and come between Pacey and I, our friendship would not work.

I walked into my room and saw that Rose was still asleep. She was sprawled all over my bed like I hadn’t even been there twenty minutes prior. Her head was off to the side, close to actually falling over the edge. Her legs were spread so far apart that she looked like she was doing the splits in her sleep. And her arms were open wide, almost as if she was dreaming that she was giving a bear a hug. “Oh Rose,” I laughed, walking into my closet and picking out a long sleeved white shirt and dark, plain boot cut jeans. I didn’t really care what I looked like. It was almost Christmas. No one really looked great when they were busy shopping for their kids and thinking about nothing else.

I pulled my socks over my strangely large feet and slid faux fur boots on top, almost falling to the ground in the process. I walked across the hallway and into the bathroom. I realized my hair was sticking up in all sorts of strange places and instantaneously began looking for a brush. When I found it stuck under a bunch of towels, I blew it off and brushed through my short cropped hair. Sometimes I missed my long hair. It used to flow over the small of my back. But I cut it for a reason. I wouldn’t have met Pacey if I hadn’t decided to go to the male boarding school.

“Are you ready?” Drake called from the living room as I rubbed foundation over my rough face and finished brushing mascara over my eyelashes.

“Yeah, I’m ready,” I called, closing my make up bag and putting it under the sink.

I walked out into the front room and saw Drake smiling at me. He opened the door and let me outside. “Thank you for deciding to come with me,” he said when we drove away.

“Oh, it’s definitely not a problem. It’s not like I have anything else to do! Besides, I miss the days when we used to hang out. We were really good friends a couple years ago,” I said, reminiscing in the past.

“Yeah, yeah we were. I miss that too,” he said, looking at me quickly and then averting his eyes to watch the road in front of him.

“I didn’t even know you, Travis, and Shane still hung out with my brother. It was quite a surprise when I saw all of you a couple of days ago,” I said.

“Oh yeah, Drake and I saw each other several weeks ago at the movie theater. We caught up there and I started going over to his house. It’s like we’re friends ….all ..over again,” he hesitated.

Before I could say anything, Drake had already parked and was getting out of the car. I started to clasp the handle, but he ran around to the other side and opened the door for me. “Thanks,” I said, catching my breath. What had gotten into him? A couple of days before, he was a complete pig. Now he was a gentleman? I didn’t even know if Drake was the same person.

We walked into the local store and searched through movies, belts, wallets, jewelry, video games, and basketballs before giving up. “Well that was a waste of time,” Drake said.

“It’s okay. Travis, Shane, and Ethan don’t need presents from you! They’re all spoiled enough as it is,” I said.

“I know. I know. Whatever, if I find something that speaks to me, I’ll get it,” he replied.

We were back on the road before Drake started talking again.

“Hey, have you ever gone to my house?” He asked. I tried to think of a time that I ever had gone to his home.

“No, I don’t think I have,” I said.

“Well, want to come over? It’s pretty lonely over there,” he said. Drake’s parents had left for a vacation to New York for Christmas. Drake had told me they always wanted to go to New York during Christmas time. They thought it would be romantic.

“Sure. It’s only ten,” I gave in. I saw the goofy smile Drake wore the rest of the drive to his house. I hated to admit it, but Drake was really sweet. He definitely wasn’t who I thought he was. He actually was kind of personable.

We were soon in a neighborhood with mansions towering over trees. I was so astonished. Drake struck me as someone who was lower class, someone who didn’t have a lot of money. But in reality, he was just humble. His home was absolutely gorgeous. The house had three stories, black rimmed windows speckled over, and dozens of varied flowers peeking up above the ground. The driveway was miles long, so I was fortunate that Drake had driven us to the front of his house. There was a lamp post near the home that reminded me of the one in ‘The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe’. Bricks were scattered across the base of the house, making it look classic and fancy, yet ravishing and modern.

“Um, do you want to come in?” Drake asked, holding the front door open for me. I closed my mouth and walked inside, gasping even more.

“How did I not know you were rich?” I asked him. Drake smiled.

“I don’t find it that big of a deal. I’m not huge into spending money. I was raised as a laid back kid who couldn’t ever really expect something special,” he said.

I nodded my head and sat down in one of the luxurious sepia colored couches. “Can I get you anything?” Drake asked. He was so proper. It was something that males nowadays tend to lack. I was genuinely surprised.

“No, thank you,” I said.

Drake came back a minute later and handed me a mug of hot chocolate anyway. “You looked thirsty!” He defended himself when I glared at him. I laughed and took a sip anyway.

“Well, this is really good, so thank you,” I complimented, making him blush a bit.

“I know it’s winter, but I’m going to go into the hot tub. Do you want to come?” He asked.

“You have a hot tub?” I asked baffled. He nodded.

“I’m going to move in with you,” I said, obviously lying, but also wishing I could.

“Anyway, I’ll be outside if you need anything,” he said, walking upstairs to change into swim trunks and then going outside. I knew I would get lost if I explored the home unattended, so I stuck the mug in the sink and opened the French doors to his back yard. I was still shocked by the large pool, but I had half expected it.

“Oh, you decided to join me,” he said, sounding surprised. I looked at him, and then realized his shirtless chest. I hated to admit it, but he had abs, and they were nothing less than gorgeous.

“Well, I can really only stick my feet in the water. I don’t have a bathing suit,” I said, forcing myself to tear my eyes away from his body. I pulled off my boots and stuffed my socks inside. I walked to the hot tub, carefully sat on the side, and dipped my feet in the tub. My toes began to tingle, and my ankles became numb.

“Wow, it must be really cold outside. My feet are in shock,” I laughed.

“Give it a couple of seconds. You’ll be okay,” he assured.

I smiled. Drake and I talked for several minutes. We discussed everything from swimming and tanning at the beach to Ethan’s terrible romance life. Rose was one of the only girls Ethan had ever actually kissed. It wasn’t sad. But since I was his sister, it was my job to make fun of him.

“I think I should get going. It’s almost one. Rose is probably freaked out,” I said. Drake grinned and stood up to grab a towel. However, he slipped while he was getting out and accidentally held onto me to make sure he didn’t fall. I wasn’t paying attention and we both ended up tumbling into the tub.

I was the first to come out of the water, dripping from head to toe. “Oh Drew! I’m so sorry!” He said, helping me out. I spit the chemical filled liquid out of my mouth and glared at him.

“You’re lucky you’re so sweet. I would kill you if you weren’t,” I said.

“Here, let me get you some clothes,” he said, leading me into the bathroom. Drake was back a couple minutes later. He knocked on the door. I opened it slowly and he handed me a towel and some clothes to change into.

“I know it’s not much, but you can get out of these when you go home,” he said.

I thanked him and closed the bathroom door so I could become dry again. I pulled my soaking long sleeve shirt off, realizing it was sticking to my body. I forced myself out of my jeans and then finally could take off my undergarments. I used the towel to dry myself off with. The clothes Drake had given me were obviously his, but they were thick and comfortable. I threw the gray sweatshirt over my head and slipped into a pair of his cotton pajama pants.

I felt like a terrible fashion statement, but I knew Drake felt terrible. I walked outside and thanked him, grabbing my shoes and heading to his car.

~~*~~
“Thanks for the ride, and the….clothes,” I said.

Drake smiled. “It’s not a problem. You can keep them. I don’t need them,” he said.

“No, I’ll return your clothes to you soon. Anyway, thank you,” I said again.

“Yeah, you looked like you could use some fun,” Drake chuckled, closing the car door and walking up to the front of the house.

That was the day that I stopped freaking out about everything, even if it could come to later bite me in the butt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
First of all, I wanted you to know that I have not read over this chapter because I'm EXHAUSTED. So if there are any problems, I will fix them when I get up.
Thank you for reading and commenting.
All of you mean the entire world to me!
Thank you!
Mwah.