Insanity Speaks For the Broken Soul

The Rooms

“Ow..what is that?” I woke up and saw that I was attached to some machine. I looked around the room and saw a nurse. She was not that much older than me, 16 at most. She had long orangy-brown her and grey eyes. She was tall and skinny! In a way, she looked like one of those vintage ladies you’d see in old magazines.
“Oh hi there! I’m Jeana, I’ll be taking care of you while you’re here.”

“Hi. Uhm Jeana, if you don’t mind me asking..what happened?”

“Oh, Steve was escorting you to your room when all of a sudden you started screaming and ran for your life. He caught up to you and had to inject some medication to calm you down and you knocked out for a bit.”

“Steve?”

“Oh haha I forgot, you don’t know everyone yet. Steve’s the security guy who escorted you here.”

“Oh…”

I’m not dead. Thankfully. I looked around my room. It was more of a pastel blue color, with a simple bed and desk. The weird thing was, it looked completely different from the other man’s room. I felt like I was in a hospital rather than an asylum. I turned to Jeana.

“Can I ask you another question, Jeana?”

“Of course, what is it hun?”

“Why is it that my room looks a lot different from some of the other rooms here”

She turned to me with a slight smile. “You see hun, depending on how bad your sickness is, you get a certain room.We call your level of sickness, class. The higher class you are, the more restricted your room will be. Since your sickness isn't it too bad, you’re class level isn't too high which is why your room isn't as restricted You should be out of here in no time if you keep up with the meds and psychologists.”

My face instantly lit up. At least I felt something light up. I really wanted to get over this whole craziness so I could be free. But then it hit me. Where would I go? I have no family anymore and there was no way I could survive on my own. As much as I wanted to get out of this miserable place, it wasn't like I’d have anywhere to go. I sat in my room thinking about my life as Jeana went around and cleaned up. She pat me on the shoulder and told me it was dinner time. After I changed, I hopped out of bed and headed toward the dining hall.