Every Road

Part 2

I headed down to the kitchen to prepare something for Cassie to eat. I was sure she would be starving so I decided to make her a nice meal. I knew I had some time cause she would be in the shower trying to get herself clean properly for a while. After I finished cooking her some pasta I decided that we would watch a movie and eat some junk food. I found some chips in the pantry and poured them into a bowl then paced them in the living room. There were a couple of bottles of soda in the fridge so I grabbed one and a couple of glasses and placed them next to the chips. Just as I finished that she walked down the stairs. I smiled up at her before pulling her towards the kitchen.
“You didn’t have to do this Garrett. The shower was more than enough.” She said frowning at the pasta sitting on the counter.
“Don’t you want it? I can put it in the fridge for dinner tonight if you would like.”
“No I’ll have it now. I just… thank you Garrett. I really appreciate it.”
“Not a problem at all. Now finish it up so we can watch some movies before dinner.” I looked down at her smiling before heading into the living room to pick out a couple of movies while she ate.

▫▫▫

After watching the movies that Garrett picked out and stuffing our faces with food I was starting to wonder where the rest of Garrett’s family were. It was almost dinner time and they still weren’t here. “Garrett. Where is the rest of your family?”
“I think they said they were going out to some function and they wouldn’t be back until after dinner. I bet they are going to be glad you are here. I know mom has missed having a girl around the house so much.” I couldn’t help but smile at that statement. I loved Mrs Nickelsen. She was one of the sweetest people that I knew. She would always be baking something when I would come over. I always seemed to be helping her in some way. I figured that if I was going to be eating I should at least help make the food. I stood up from my comfortable position tangled up in Garrett’s arms and legs and stared down at him.
“What?” He asked in a questioning tone.
“Well, what do you want for dinner? I’m hungry.” I stated bluntly.
“Don’t worry about that. I can make it. You are the guest and all.” I smiled at his comment but stood my ground.
“I want to make you something. I have done nothing but eat your food. I should at least earn it some way or another.”
“You can make whatever you feel like. I am not fussed at all. I’ll help though.” He stood up taking my hand and pulling me towards the kitchen.

▫▫▫

After cooking our dinner we sat at the table to eat. It was quite at first until Garrett spoke up.
“Cassie. I want to ask you something and I don’t want you to say no. I know you have been struggling with everything but I want you to come live with us. I don’t want you going back out to the streets. I want to protect you like I should. You don’t have to say yes but I would love it if you did.” I was a little shocked at how straight forward he was being. He was asking me to move in with him. I couldn’t believe this. I was so happy with what he was saying to me I started to cry. I was very emotional today and now was no exception. I just violently shook my head as I couldn’t form words to answer him. He smiled at my answer. He came around to my side of the table and held my face in his hands. I couldn’t stop myself from leaning in. Our lips connected and all I could feel were sparks. I had waited 18 years for something like this. It was just perfect. He was so gentle yet so passionate. You could feel the love between the two of us. We pulled apart with wide smiles. We stared into each other’s eyes. He was the first to speak.
“I was looking for misery, but she found me.” I just giggled at his words and pulled him back to me reconnecting our lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that is the end. Thanks for reading if you did. I hope you like it Mandi.