Status: Entirely active. :) Enjoy :D

Jane Doe

Her

It took me a while to recognize him. It took me longer than necessary to do so too. I missed that face. I missed the way he watched me longingly as I took orders.

I smiled automatically at him and I felt terrible about it. It should have been a real smile. A smile that told him everything I was feeling.

But I couldn’t.

I couldn’t let him know that I was defeated and weak as I was. I couldn’t let him know the pain that hid inside of me. I couldn’t show the fear that penetrated through my skin and shone in my entire being.

For some reason, against my own rational mind, I told Cain to come back at closing.

He nodded, left a tip without ordering, and left.

I don’t know what possessed me to tell him to come back, but I told him. I realized then that I needed Cain. I needed Cain so badly.

Hey, babe. I turned around and saw Alex leaning against the wall opposite of me.

I forced another smile. Hey.

What’d he want?

He just stopped by. He saw we raised the prices on coffee and he left. He didn’t have enough money.

He gave you a ten dollar tip. I’m not blind, Lea.

I didn’t say you were.


Alex grabbed my wrist tightly and pulled me forward. I don’t like him being around.

Alex, you’re hurting me.
I tugged my wrist away from him but it didn’t help. His grip tightened and I knew there would be bruises there tomorrow. Alex, stop.

He tightened his grip for a little bit before he let go. My wrist immediately started to turn a deep shade of red. I flexed my fingers. Get out, Alex. I don’t want to see you around here anymore.

I own you, Lea. You can tell me to leave but I won’t. Alex hissed before he turned around and left.


I stood still for a few minutes, pondering his words. Possibly the threat hidden underneath his words. Where was Cain?
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't resist updating :)

What'll happen next...hm?