Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

What are the chances?

It had been a month and a half since I realized everything was a dream. Taylor had assumed that I had a drinking problem and that the dream was something to scare me out of it. I knew for a fact she was wrong. 

I still had my job at the radio station and my ratings were the highest they'd ever been so my boss was very happy. I was walking into the station a half hour before my show and I looked at the schedule board. I went over all the segments in my head then saw one that caught my eye.

"Hey James? What's going on with the board?" I asked my co-host. 
"What are you talking about? We planned all of that yesterday."
"Yeah except what we have planned for 1:45."
"Oh yeah. It's a surprise from Steve and Judy. They said its a reward for the good ratings."
"What band is coming in?" I said taking a sip of my coffee that was on my desk.
"Uhm," he looked at the paper on his clipboard. "It says All Time Low." He looked up at me as I choked on my coffee and coughed. "Whoa you alright?" he handed me water. I nodded.

What are the chances they were coming here? To this station? I knew that they had no idea who I was but I was just finally accepting the fact that Alex didn't know me and never love me back. 

-----------------------
I had gotten through the beginning of the show just fine and tried to forget the fact that the band was coming. Maybe Alex wouldn't come. Maybe it'd just be Rian and Zack or Jack or something. As soon as this thought popped into my head, I looked up and saw Rian, Zack, and Jack walk in and sighed in relief. James was shaking their hands and introducing himself and they made their way to me.

"Hi Rian! I'm Liz Thomsen. Hi Zack! Hi Jack!" I hugged them and made small talk when Alex ran in. I locked eyes with immediately and shared a smile with him until I looked away. He was greeted by James and made his way over to me and shook my hand.

"Hi you must be Liz. I'm Alex Gaskarth." he said smoothly.
"Hi.  I know who you are. I'm a pretty big fan of yours." I spit out then stammered and stop talking.
"Thanks." he laughed. James said it was show time so I took my seat and watched the guys sit across from me. 

I asked them the questions my boss gave me and a few of my own then played some of their music. We ended up closing the show with them which I didn't mind. We took some pictures together for the station's website then just talked. 

"Hey Alex, can you do me a favor?" I asked.
"Sure what's up?"
"Can I take a picture with you? My friend will freak out when she sees it."
"Yeah definitely." he smiled. I put my phone on selfie mode and felt his arm slide around my waist. I smiled insanely big and took the picture. Jack came over and asked to take some. 

"Just nothing dirty. I don't want to scar myself when I'm deleting all these pictures." I joked and the guys laughed. We sat on the couch in my office and started just hanging out.
"So Liz I've gotta admit, we've been here for a few days and I've listened to you every day. You guys are really funny." Alex complimented me.
"Thanks," I blushed. "I listen to your music every day." I mumbled.
"Thank you for that." he smiled his perfect smile. "How long have you been here?" he asked.
"Almost two months. It feels like a lot longer though."
"You sound like you've been doing it your entire life. You're talented, kid." Rian said. 

We talked a little longer until they had to leave for their show.

"You're really easy to talk to, Liz. Got any plans tonight?" Rian asked.
"Nope. Just sleeping." I laughed.
"A pretty girl like you doesn't have a boyfriend to go out with?" Jack asked.
"Nah," I shook my head. "Most guys don't want to date me because I shotgun a beer faster than them." I said as I locked my office. I saw Alex and Jack smirking. 
"Come to the bar with us tonight and prove it." Zack said.
"I just might. Here, text me where you guys will be. I'll see you guys later." I wrote my number on a piece of paper and handed it to Rian then hugged them good bye and started leaving. 

"Wait! Liz!" I heard someone yelling as they ran over to me. 
"Jack? What's up?"
"Come to our show tonight. That way we can hang out more." he suggested adorably.
"Well," I blushed. "I was already going to the show." I laughed a little. 
"Perfect! When you get there, walk to our buses and there'll be all access passes waiting for you. Colussy will probably give them to you. You know who he is right?"
"Of course," I nodded. "I remember him from your movie." I blushed again and mentally kicked myself for coming off like a crazy super fan. 
"Good. I'm gonna quiz you on all of my quotes tonight then. Including the key to paintball."
"You have to be completely stealth. If no one can see you, no one can hit you." I said just like he did in the movie, faking his lisp and all.
"Damn. You're good."
"Thank you." I laughed. 
"By the way, Alex took your number from Rian. If you get creepy texts from a random number, it's him." he pointed back to Alex and we both looked and saw Alex watching us.
"You took it too you asshole!" Alex yelled as he came over to us.
"Its fine guys." I laughed. "I have to go though and I'm sure you do too. I'll catch you later." I saved and walked to the parking lot. I pinched myself when I got to my car. I'm finally not dreaming. 

I slid into my Chevy Malibu and subconsciously put on my All Time Low playlist really loud. I started dancing a little then pulled out and drove by the guys walking out of the station. I waved to them and saw them laughing as they waved.

"I don't wanna be bad, I just wanna be bad enough for you." I sang. 

My dreams were finally reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is! The first chapter! So if you read the description thing, it says Alex and Jack will fall for Liz. Who do you think will go after her first?

Also if anyone wants to co-author this with me, just let me know! If you don't want to but have suggestions, just comment.

Thanks guys for reading! I'm gonna try to make this one the best one out of all of them for sure. That might mean longer time between updates, but I'm sure you won't mind.

Love & rockets!