Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 27

Savannah jolted awake when the bus slowed to a stop and she heard stampeding feet. She blinked and sat up, absently rubbing her face as she had been lying on the couch and had an indentation of the gap in the couch cushion on her cheek.
“How long as I out?” she asked. Kyle, whose footsteps she had heard, was pulling on a jacket.
“About two hours,” he replied. “We’re at a service station and I am fucking starving. We’ve only got about an hour before we get there but everyone wants to stop.” Feeling her own stomach grumbling, Savannah sat up and stretched before stumbling to her feet. She had a metallic taste in her mouth, and her eyes felt crusted with sleep. Stumbling over to the small kitchen she poured herself a glass of water and watched sleepily as Erica and Tommy emerged from the bunk area.

Stan opened the doors of the bus, and the group slowly ambled down the stairs. The Avenged bus was parked not too far from them, and Savannah watched sleepily as the boys emerged. Brian had obviously been tossing and turning as one half of his hair was defying gravity and sticking straight up and the other half was plastered to the side of his face.
“He must be starving,” Tommy laughed. “Normally you can’t drag him away from a mirror when his hair looks like that.” Brian noticed them snickering at him, gave them the finger, then proceeded to shuffle toward the Kwik Star.

As there wasn’t a restaurant onsite, the group meandered inside to grab things to take back to the buses.
“Donuts!” Jimmy screamed and proceeded to skip toward the display. “Oooh, I can get a half dozen for $2.99!” he salivated as he leaned over the display case. “Baby!” he shrieked at Katie. “We can get donuts!”
“Yes, I heard you hon,” Katie replied with a roll of her eyes. “Stop drooling over them and just pick some already.”
“Coffeeeeee, I need cofffeeeee,” Brian mumbled as he staggered over to the counter.
“Bri, it’s three am. You’re gonna be buzzed and not able to sleep,” Erica laughed.
“Don’t care, need caffeine.”

“What you going to get?” Erica asked Savannah, who was perusing the pizza menu.
“A few slices of pepperoni I think,” Savannah replied. “I don’t want to eat too much otherwise I won’t be able to get back to sleep.”
“Yeah, pizza sounds good,” Erica agreed. Jason was standing behind her with his head on the back of her neck. Savannah glanced at him.
“Has he fallen asleep on you?” she asked with a snigger. Erica wriggled experimentally and Jason started to slide sideways.
“Yep,” Erica replied with a roll of her eyes, as she grabbed Jason’s arms before he slid off her completely. His eyes blearily opened. “Get back on the bus, honey. I’ll get Matt to bring you something.”
“Okay baby,” he mumbled before he stumbled back toward the bus.
“He’ll be asleep before he even gets inside,” Savannah laughed.

Lee and Tommy were selecting some salads from the display, whilst Johnny was trying to operate the cigarette dispenser.
“I swear you are the most cack handed man in the universe,” Matt exclaimed as he thumped the machine and the cigarette packet appeared. “I don’t know how you cope sometimes.”
“Hey, I can cope just fine. I did fine in school, and I’m doing fine now.”
“Define doing fine in school?” Zacky laughed. Your last exam, for example?”
“I only failed by the narrowest of margins,” Johnny defended himself.
“You what?” Zacky laughed. “You walked in there and wrote ‘I am a fish’ four hundred times, did a funny little dance, then fainted.” Jayde turned to look at Johnny with an eyebrow raised. He gave her his puppy dog eyes and she pulled him into a hug.
“Don’t you to be mean to my baby,” she said to Zacky with a laugh.
“Haven’t you ever heard of tough love?” Zacky replied with a smirk.
“Does it involve dressing up?” Brian asked, as he walked past sipping his coffee.

Savannah grabbed the pizza slices for herself and Erica and as they were turning to leave they saw Matt, Shannen and Lee hovering over a fortune telling machine that was set up in the corner of the store.
“What the hell are you doing?” Erica asked them.
“Trying to find out how we die,” Lee responded. Matt took the piece of paper out of the machine and let out a whoop.
“It says I die here at one hundred and eighty one trying to remove a bra with my teeth. But who’s bra?”, he asked, as he smirked at Shannen.
“At one hundred and eighty one, probably your own,” Lee smirked.
‘Come on! Taking a bra off with my teeth, aged one hundred and eighty one. That’s a hell of a sexy way to go!”
“So long as the teeth are in your mouth,” Lee laughed.

Matt spied Tommy and Lee walking toward the door with their salads and a bag of candy.
“Hey, I thought of a song for you lot!”, he called out. Tommy paused and raised an eyebrow, his expression hesitant.
“I hope it ain’t no country shit this time,” he responded.
“You Spin Me Right Round by Dead or Alive.” Tommy grimaced for a moment, before he smirked at Matt.
“We can do something with that,” he replied with a wink. Matt frowned at him, then looked slightly uncomfortable as he noticed Savannah and Erica whispering to each other, then giving each other a high five. He gulped visibly.
“What have you two evil wenches thought of?” he asked eventually.
“Staying Alive by the Bee Gees!” they exclaimed simultaneously. Tommy let out a loud snort of laughter, as Matt visibly deflated and banged his head against the side of the fortune telling machine.
“Nooooo,” he whined pathetically.
“Better get Shannen to give you a squirrel grip so you can get your voice up that high,” Lee sniggered.

Savannah turned and left the still protesting Matt and walked toward the bus. Footsteps fell into place next to her, and she glanced over to see Zacky walking beside her. He was happily munching on a bacon and egg sandwich. As their eyes met, she felt a spark of electricity pass between them and her steps faltered slightly. He swallowed a piece of his sandwich, and stepped over closer to her. Their eyes were still on each other, and as Zacky moved over, Savannah felt her heart skip a beat. His face was inches from hers, his eyes moving to her lips, when Jimmy suddenly clapped him on the back.
“Back on the road, bitches!” Jimmy exclaimed, before he skipped off toward the bus. Savannah stepped away, totally flustered, before Erica joined her and they walked toward the bus. Zacky frowned at Jimmy, then looked at Savannah forlornly as she walked toward the bus with Erica.
♠ ♠ ♠
A huge thank you to the following commenters:

amodernmyth88
Music.DrownLife
purple89
JustThinking
LexiWombat
Synyster Gates
IEt.ThE.eViL.Go.EaSt

This chapter's more of a filler until they get to the next venue :-)