Status: Please be patient, i have two other fics to update, but remember to comment and subscribe, more comments more updates :)

Love and Other Lies

New York, New York

I rounded a corner into a little shop, It looked small from out front but as I entered I saw that it was huge. I could lose myself for hours in here.

"Is there anything I can help you with Mam?" A feminine voice said from beside me.

"Oh, no, I'm just wasting time, waiting for my fiance to grab his stuff from his old house." I said.

"Really! oh, you're getting married! are you excited?" She asked, obviously intrigued, motioned me to some seats.

"Yea, he's a total sweetheart and we haven't known each other for very long but it seems like we have known each other forever, he saved me from being raped, and he took a shot for me, he was there for me through everything." I smiled sitting down with her.

"What's his name?" She asked dreamily.

"Dimitri Davis" I said, the look on her face went form wistful to panicked in about five seconds.

"no! no no no, I..... i'm sorry, but I have to go" She said getting up panicked and starting to hurry away.

"Wait!" I yelled, she stilled. still not looking at me. "Why? what happened?" I asked her. She took a few more moments of deep breathing and came back to me. She sat down, eyes still not connecting with me.

"Dimitri... he's not a good guy." She said, I could tell she was crying.

"What do you mean? He's the greatest guy I have ever met." I defended.

"Then he changed.. but I don't know if someone can change that much. If I was you, I would break it off" She said, almost pleading with me.

"Why would you react like that? What do you mean change? How do you know him?" I asked confused.

"He.... he's one of the most notorious drug lords of New York." She said, fear written on her face.

"no, not my Dimitri." I said, why is she lying?

"Dimitri Davis?" She asked. I nodded. "Trust me, if you don't, you can take a trip to the police station and ask them." She said shaking her head at me.

"I'll just do that. I'm sorry, but you have to have the wrong Dimitri" I said, getting up and heading out the door.

"Just be careful" She said staring at me until I was out of sight. I slipped my hands into my pockets only to feel a little piece of card stock, I pulled it out and smiled, it's the Taxi guy. I grabbed my cell phone out and called him.

"Mak Wallace" The voice said.

"Hi Mak.. It's Anna Marie.. I was in your Taxi earlier today, with my fiance" I said

"Oh yes! Discount girl" He chuckled.

"yea, I was wondering if you could pick me up" I asked, really scared he would say no.

"Of course, Where are you?" He said.

"I'm at... The Golden Tiger" I said looking at the sign.

"Be there in about ten minutes." He said hanging up. About ten minutes later he pulled up and gave me a huge smile. I hopped in the front seat and asked him to take me to the police station. He looked confused for a moment but complied.

"Why would you want to go here? Did he hit you? are you ok?" He asked me.

"I'm fine, I just have to ask them some things." I said. He visibly relaxed and pulled over.

"We are here, i'll wait for you out here." He said, his smile relaxing me. I walked in and went straight to the desk.

"Hi, how can I help you today" The woman asked. She was nice and looked homely.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could get the records of Dimitri Davis" I said, she looked startled then looked at me accusingly.

"Those are confidential and I need either a badge or a warrant." She said

"I really need them. I fear i'm about to marry someone I don't even know" I explained. This made her eyes go huge. She mumbled something into the intercom at her desk and a detective came out.

"Mam will you come with me please" He motioned. I followed him into a small room with a very thick folder on the metal table.

"What is this?" I asked motioning towards the folder.

"This is your fiance" He replied motioning for me to sit down. I complied, my eyes not coming off of the folder.

"What do you mean this is my fiance?" I said, my worse fears coming true.

"Dimitri Davis" He said opening the folder to a picture of Dimitri, he looks so much different.

"That.. that's my Dimitri, but he doesn't look like that anymore, he's clean and he has short hair." I said picking up the picture and staring at it.

"Dimitri has fallen off of our radar after his last over dose, we had some reports he has moved to Oregon with his mother. We also had a report he was shot. Does any of this sound like your Dimitri" He asked.

"Yes, that's it, my Dimitri.. my fiance" I said disbelieving.

"Well, you will be happy to know he has no warrants" He said, awkwardly.

"That just makes me want to jump with joy" I said sarcastically, tears coming to my eyes.

"I'm sorry, this must all come to a shock to you" He said trying to show me sympathy.

"You have no idea. Can I get a copy of all of this?" I asked him. Almost pleading.

"I'm not supposed to..." He said, I can tell he'll be easy to crack.

"Please." I begged. He sighed.

"I'll be outside in about five minutes, i'm going to walk down to the coffee shop on the corner, meet me there in the corner table." He said grabbing the file and walking out of the door, I walked to the taxi to see Mak smiling at me.

"Want some coffee?" I asked, he brightened up.

"SURE!" He replied grabbing his keys and hopping out of the car, locking it. We walked down the block and got the corner table. A few minutes later the officer came in, ordered a coffee and sat down beside us. He was talking to us about the weather then got a call on his cell phone. 'forgetting' his folder. We then got up, I grabbed the folder and asked Mak to take me back to the hotel.

"Thank you Mak. You are a lifesaver." I said hugging him. I grabbed the folder and got out some money.

"No need, you got me coffee. And it was a pleasure. If you need me again, just call, for coffee or a ride" He smiled. I got out and headed towards the room, now i just have to wait for Dimitri, at least not I have some interesting reading material.
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me all day :) I hope you guys all like it!

Comment please :)