Status: Complete

There You Are

Chapter 8

Kurt's POV
"So what are you doing here?" I asked as soon as he sat down in the booth.
"To talk to you. I want you to come home. I'm sorry for everything I did and I still love you." Tom said.
He's sorry for everything he's put me through? Is this man for real? He cheats on me for god knows how long and all he can say is he's sorry and that he loves me? Yeah some love this is. His 'boyfriend' must have left him or something why else would he be here in front of me asking for me back? Hell no.
"Tom cut the crap why are you here? Really? I know it's not because you love me if you did you wouldn't have done this in the first place. So why are you here really? Did he leave you or something?" I ask.
I wanted answers and I was going to get them no matter what.
"No," Tom started but I knew he was lying. "Okay yes but that's not the only reason. Him leaving me made me realize that I love you and not him. I want you, don't you love me?"
No.
I sigh, even though Tom was a prick I didn't want to seem completely heartless although he didn't care when it came to me. Maybe I should be mean to him. But would it really make me feel better in the end?
"Tom, you know you'll always be my first love but I don't love you like that anymore. And I don't want to seem heartless even though you didn't care about that when you asked me for the divorce but I love Blaine now. He's really really nice and he loves me. And I want to spend the rest of my life with him. So would you please give me the papers so I can sign them and be divorced from you. It's what you wanted a few months ago anyway." I say, I really want this to be over with now.
"Yes but that was before. I've had some time to think about it now and I don't want a divorce now. I only want you Kurt. So could you please come home with me and we can start over again. We can fall in love all over again if you want."
It would be easier than a divorce but the problem is my heart belongs to Blaine now so I can't no matter how easier it would be.
"No. I want a divorce and I'll get one even if I have to take you to court to get you to sign those papers." Is all I say as I put some money on the table and leave.

Tom's POV
I just stare as Kurt leaves the cafe, did he really hate me this much? Did I really hurt him that much? I know that it was wrong that I left him for a younger guy and I know that it's wrong to now know that I had made a mistake and to ask for him back. But didn't he love me at all anymore?
Did he really love this other guy, the help more than he loves or should I say loved me? I had to talk to him like an adult and not a child and I had to do it soon or it's going to be too late no matter what.
But how was I going to talk to him? He's always around that guy or his family and I know that neither of them would let me look at him let alone talk to him. But then again hadn't I just had the oppertunatity to talk to him a minute ago and I blew it.
I laid some money down and took off.

Kurt's POV
I was walking down the street from the cafe when I heard someone behind me.
"Kurt I'm sorry can we talk for a moment?" I turned around and Tom was there panting.
Did he run from the cafe to here? I looked around the sidewalk and motioned for him to walk with me.

We were sitting in the kitchen across from each other. Tom was looking at anything and anywhere but at me. Did he really run to me just to sit here and saw nothing?
"Are we going to talk or are you just going to sit there all day?" I asked.
I didn't mean to be rude or anything but Blaine was coming over after and I wanted to make dinner for him. Dad and Carole are gone on a weekend trip together and I wanted to do something nice for Blaine for being so nice and understanding.
"Wow okay. Not use to you talking to me like this." Tom said.
That's because I was too soft with him, not gonna happen now.
"I know. It's just I've got work to do. I'm making dinner." I said.
"So do you really want a divorce or was that to just hurt me like I hurt you?"
I sat down next to him at the table. I looked at him, I could tell that he was upset but I didn't really care, and I know then that I am now over him.
"No, I didn't say it just to hurt you. I meant it. I'm sorry but I'm in love with someone and he's not you. Maybe back then I did love you at one point but I don't now and I'm sorry if it's not what you want to hear but it's the truth. I'm in love with Blaine." I say.
Tom says nothing at first, he looks at me with a heartbroken look. But I don't really care because he's got no one to blame but himself.
"Okay then. And there's no way to change your mind is there?" He asked.
I shake my head, there really wasn't. I already had my mind made up.
"Alright then, I'll sign the papers this week and then send them to you. In about a few weeks you'll offically be a single man again. Or should I say someone else's boyfriend." Tom said as he got up from the table.
"Thank you. I really do hope you find someone." I say as Tom leaves.