Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Four.

Daryl had brought us back to camp, Glenn first and then me, I figured this was mainly so he could moan at me about going off and I was right.
“If you’d said you were going off I woulda’ come with ya!” He told me, trying to find room on the bike to hang all the bags.
“You were busy with Rick... I thought you sorting where we’re going is more important than me and Glenn just looking around.” He huffed, and rolled his eyes, making me feel bad for worrying him, “I’m sorry,” I said meekly looking down at my aching feet. “ Glenn got chocolate if that helps?”

He came closer to me and pushed his lips against my forehead,I could feel his smile against my skin; “Quit worryin’ me okay?” I nodded and followed him to the motorbike trying to fit myself in amongst all the bags.

“You guys sort out a plan then?” I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“Well since you and China-man already sorted the gas problem, I guess were still heading East like T-dog said, Rick still wants to try find somewhere ta’ live, but I dunno if I see that happenin'."

“So...we’re winging it?” I asked.

“Pretty much.” came his reply.

Fantastic.

The atmosphere in the group was still tense later that evening, Carol sending various glares at Rick and making nagging comments to Daryl, I really didn’t know what was up with her lately.

After being scolded by Rick and Hershel for wandering off, everyone seemed glad to have food and fresh water at last and all seemed a lot happier on a full stomach, another fire was lit and a new plan was made,
“We make a move tomorrow morning.” Rick told us, “Still heading East, Hershel knows a bit of this area and there should be a small town on the way, a chance to get more supplies before we decide what we’re doing properly.”

Rick's voice still held an air of authority but he was a lot calmer than he had been last night, Lori sat next to him, although she was leaning away from his body, her body language closed and awkward.

She should be happy Shane's dead, it’s a horrible thing; to be happy at someone’s death, but Shane was dangerous, he was crazy, I swear my neck stung just thinking about him.

“What kind of place are we looking for?” I asked, trying to break the silence that had fallen once again, “Or, what are we looking for?” Rick gave no answer, staring deep into the fire. His words didnt come for a few minutes, “We leave in the morning. East.” I nodded at him and he stood, stalking off from the fire once again, I glanced up to where Glenn was keeping watch and excused myself, making my way up there quickly.

“We don’t have a plan,” I told him, “At least no more of one than we did yesterday.” He nodded, his tone bitter,

“We’re basically headless chickens, what are we doing? Looking for other people, a place, a way out of America? I don’t get why we just don’t go back the way we came, head towards Coal-ville, we know there’s plenty of supplies there!”

I didn’t have an answer and he let out a loud sigh as I shrugged at his questions. “Do you still trust Rick?” He asked me, careful to lower his voice.

“He’s never led us wrong before, he saved my life and everyone else’s so many times. I... I trust his decisions most of the time, but his whole little Hitler speech freaked me out.” Glenn nodded, glancing at me,
“Mmhm, he’s been the “leader” since he got here and he’s done a good job, Dale trusted him which means a lot to me,” He sighed, and his lips tightly pursed, "Guess we’re taking it one day at a time.” he concluded, once again running his hands through his hair.

I took a step closer to him, putting my hand quickly in Daryl's jacket which drowned my small figure and pulling a packet of the dreaded peanut filled chocolates, handing it to him,and smiling as his face lit up “We’ll be okay.” I told him, trying to convince myself just as much as I was him, “We’ll find somewhere safe enough and hull up or something,”

He leant across, putting his free arm across my shoulders and pulling me into his side lowering his voice even more, “If we ever get settled and can do it, I wanna ask Maggie to marry me.” I fought back the excited squeal that built up inside of me,

“I wanna be the best man!”

"How can you be...?" He rolled his eyes and trailed off, grinning back at me, "Sure thing Ariella."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3