Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Promise Me You'll Never Feel Afraid

That Was Uncalled For, Matt.

Cinder’s POV

“Cinder…Cinder wake up.” I felt someone poking my back.

“SHITFUCKS!” I yelled, punching in the direction of the voice.

“OW!” I heard someone scream. I whipped around and gasped. I had nailed Zacky right in the face- on his cheek to be more specific.

“Oh shit! Zacky are you okay? I’m so sorry!” I shrieked, sliding off the bed and kneeling next to him on the floor.

“I guess I know not to wake you up now.” He chuckled, sitting up holding his cheek.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to! It’s a habit. I’m so sorry.” I said.

“Cinder, it’s fine.” He assured me. I sighed and gently pulled his hand away from his face. A bruise was forming where I had hit him.

“You need to get ice on that.” I said. He smiled.

“Don’t worry about it. Seriously.” He whispered, putting his hand on my cheek. I smiled and stood up, pulling him up with me.

“So Lyric already made breakfast. She’s gotten started on her chores already, so you can go join her after you talk to Shadows. Are you hungry?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Nah, I’m not one for breakfast. So…when do I go talk to Mr. Shadz?” I asked.

“Cinder, Shadows isn’t one for games. He…he’ll kill you if you provoke him. You have to follow his rules, and do whatever he tells you to do.” Zacky told me, staring directly into my eyes. I rolled my eyes.

“Sure. Whatever.”

“I’m not kidding, Cinder. You have to call all of us ‘Sir’ unless we tell you that you don’t have to. So, right now I’m telling you that you can call me by my first name. But as for the rest of us? Sir. Understand?” He asked. I nodded.

“Yeah, yeah.” I sighed.

“Oh and one more thing before we go. You have to get changed.” Zacky said, going into the closet and pulling out an outfit.

“No way in hell am I wearing that.” I hissed. Zacky looked into my eyes, silently pleading with me.

“No.” I insisted.

“Please, Cinder? Just for today. I’ll work on Shadows and see if he’ll let you wear shorts, but just cooperate for now?” He begged. I sighed, glaring at the wall.

“Fine. You better make it up to me.” I replied, smirking. He smirked back.

“Thank you, Cin. I owe you one.” He said, winking and tossing the clothes at me. I looked at him pointedly.

“I gotta get changed.”

“I know.”

“So get out.” I laughed. He pouted, but opened the door and walked through it.

“Come out when you’re done.” He said, closing the door behind him.

I changed into the stupid outfit and walked outside. Zacky’s eyes widened and he squirmed for a second, but he quickly regained his composure. I fought to hold back my laughter. He glared at me and took my forearm, leading me down the hall to a door. He knocked three times before walking in.

Shadows was sitting behind a big, black desk in a room with black walls. The room was dark, both in decor and the physical lighting.

“Sit.” He commanded. I obliged, sitting in one of the chairs that was in front of his desk.

“Now you stupid whore-,” He started, but I cut him off.

“Don’t call me a whore.” I growled. In seconds, he was gripping my neck, holding me against the wall.

“I’ll call you whatever I damn well please. I’ll do whatever I damn well please with you. I own you, and you will respect me. Do you understand?” He hissed in my face. I growled.

Say yes, Cinder. Zacky’s voice whispered in my head. My eyes flew to him and he looked at me urgently.

“BITCH, I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?” Shadows snarled. I sighed.

“Yes, Sir.” I whispered, mocking him. He let go of my neck and I gasped for air.

“Sit down, bitch.” He said, pointing at the chair. I sat.

“Now, you will be given a list of chores every day. You will do them without complaining. You will respect all of us, and call us-“

“Yeah, yeah. Call you sir unless you tell me to call you by your first name.” I interrupted. I felt a sharp sting on my cheek, and a loud smack sound echoed through the air.

“Don’t. Cut. Me. Off.” He seethed. I had to stop myself from laughing outright in his face.

“Yes, Sir.”

“Here are your chores. Most of them are with your sister. Now get out of my sight, you stupid whore.” Shadows hissed in my face. I opened my mouth to reply, but Zacky shot me a look and I closed it. I stood up, walking out of the room and closing the door behind me.

“That was uncalled for, Matt…” I heard Zacky say as I walked down the hall, holding my cheek, smirking. I checked the list of chores.

Clean kitchen it read. I sighed and walked down the stairs to go find my sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing! We love you guys!

Comments make us happy :)